windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4181 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4181 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2007 :  05:23:53 AM  Show Profile
Has anyone read the Kevin Trudeau books? Natural "Cures" Revealed,Previously Censored Brand Name Products that Cure Disease, and Natural Cures "They" Don't want you to Know About. I have just started on the second book, which I listed first. Just looking to see what others think of these books. It has been eye opening for me, and talking about alot of things we have always wondered about, but never knew. What are your thoughts. Michele

FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2007 :  06:04:30 AM  Show Profile
Michele... I have read the first book & plan to again to see if I missed anything. There was quite a bit of info that was eye opening. My only complaint is that I don't feel it tells what is promised, to tell "natural cures that they don't want you to know about". There were a few things, but not what I was expecting. I didnt like the fact that it consistently sent you to the website to get the info, but you can't get it, or very little there unless you sign up for the newsletter. I also felt a lot of it was very repetitive. Especially about doctors, pharmaceutical co's, & the trouble he has gotten or could get into. I did listen to the DVD, that a friend had & that was much more informative. I am not trying to belittle the book as there is some good info in there, it just isnt what I was expecting it to be. I have seen the new book & thought of getting it, but not too sure yet, I may just get it from the library if they have it or maybe 50% off books..

"Work as if you were to live a hundred years, pray as if you were to die tomorrow." ~Benjamin Franklin~

http://wandascountryhome.com/forsale/index.html
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4181 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4181 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2007 :  06:39:32 AM  Show Profile
Kelly, I felt the same way as you. Yes I plan to reread some parts, and am going to try a few things he suggests. Making sure to drink enough water, walk every day. I am planning on getting rid of the micro wave for sure. I read though some of it quickly because of the repetitiveness. But I guess that is one way to get it into your head, the point he is trying to get across. And of course try to eat more organic. I already grow, can, freeze, raise, alot of what we eat. But I hope to be more careful with the dry goods and such. It is harder being in a small town, not having alot available. You can order of the internet, but with shipping it makes it mighty expensive. It was interestning though. Michele
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2007 :  06:58:44 AM  Show Profile
If you google his name, you will find that he has an extensive criminal record and has been banned from producing any more infomercials on products with claims that cannot be substantiated (ie, remember Coral Calcium?).

So instead, since books are not in the same category, he's hawking books on infomercials. This same information is available to anyone who does a google search, without paying for a book that does not divulge the full story or names. Be aware.

Humor is the prelude to faith and Laughter is the beginning of prayer. -- Reinhold Niebuhr

http://farmstyle.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2007 :  07:30:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I read one of his books and there was nothing specific in there. He did, however, want to sell his newsletter, insisting that THAT was where the 'real' answers were. I'm not at all surprised at Clare's info about his criminal record.

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2007 :  08:03:28 AM  Show Profile
One thing he does in the book is admit that he has a criminal record. Part of that he attributes to the government & other org's trying to stop him from getting the truth out. Whether I believe this is true or not, I'm not sure, but I won't say it doesnt happen either. They're out there to make $ & if he puts ? into our mind about what's out there then we can make an educated decision on what we buy or use. Not saying it's worth the cost of the book either. If people started using natural ingredients, there would be a lot of $ lost from the pharm. co's & the govt. He brings to light the fact that by taking one prescription, you usually end up taking another to combat the side effects of the 1st. Even on Vitamin C there's a statement that it hasn't been approved by the FDA to prevent or cure any disease & we all know the wonders it can do. Look at any natural mineral or vitamin you take & it's on there. Even garlic. I don't agree with the fact of having to buy his newsletter & yes you can get info on natural products on the web (w/o having to pay for it) that do as well as if not better than man-made chemicals.

"Work as if you were to live a hundred years, pray as if you were to die tomorrow." ~Benjamin Franklin~

http://wandascountryhome.com/forsale/index.html
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4181 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4181 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2007 :  08:44:39 AM  Show Profile
Clare, Just wondering if you read any of his books or are you making decisions on what you have heard or read? I think alot of it is common sense. It is all about the money. How can man made chemicals be better for you then natural? It is always good to get different opinions. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2007 :  12:35:18 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I have read his first book... my mom purchased it. I'm not for or against anything he is proposing, I'm just saying be careful.

Those that know me, know that I am the most ardent proponent of natural health options. I just don't care for his sales tactics. Have you seen his latest infomercial? It's been in heavy rotation up here, so you can't miss it. He's selling the "concept" of an end-all be-all best diet that is available in Germany. His hook line is "and Kings and Queens and Royalty pay thousands of dollars to go to this spa for this treatment to loose weight"....... he repeats this ad nauseum throughout the infomercial. What this implies to me is that he wants to be the conduit for the american who is impressed by kings and queens, and can't make an inquiry on their own about seeking good health advise. But buy his book and he'll tell you where to go to buy more info on the diet, etc..... all from him, of course.

Humor is the prelude to faith and Laughter is the beginning of prayer. -- Reinhold Niebuhr

http://farmstyle.blogspot.com

Edited by - Clare on Jan 29 2007 7:34:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4181 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4181 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2007 :  12:55:35 PM  Show Profile
True True, I agree. No I have not seen the latest infomercial. I think alot of it seems like good ideas, but when you have to join his web group to get more of the information, it seems like double standards. Thanks for your imput.
Go to Top of Page

oceanfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

Rachel
A Little Closer to Heaven Oregon Coast
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  9:02:43 PM  Show Profile  Send oceanfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I've read them both, and I wasn't impressed. Most of the "healthful" helpful information that was in both of the books are things that you can find by researching natural remedys yourself. I was also unimpressed by the fact that anytime he came to a thought that could CURE, he referred you to his on line site, as well as his newletter. Both of which cost MORE money to get to. Quite the crock if you ask me. I could spend just as much for a consultation with a nutritionist, and have a plan set out for my specific needs. Just my thoughts. I think there was good information in there too, but for my money, I'd go somewhere else. The only reason I even HAVE the books is because my hubby got them for me for my birthday (on his own) LOL

Rachel
See what I'm up to on my blog... http://minetothine.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  08:34:27 AM  Show Profile
I personally think the guy is a crackpot. He has my dad thinking he is for surely going to get Cancer and that when he does he can cure it. He is a snake oil salesman, imho.

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose

Blogs: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
http://frugalwitch.wordpress.com
http://tasharose365.wordpress.com/
Homepage: http://mysticwoodsfarm.com
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Kevin Trudeau books Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page