suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  10:41:12 AM  Show Profile
Ok, ladies. I am in charge of picking out the next Bible study. Since I am used to just showing up after purchasing my book from the church...I need a little help here.

I hear Beth Moore is a good author. Any suggestions from you all out there? Also, where to look her up on line and best place for ordering books.

If you can help me out, I would very much appreciate it.

Country girl in NE PA

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  10:47:04 AM  Show Profile
We just finished our Beth Moore Bible study, on her book, Breaking Free, and it was great!! We had the videos to go with the 10 week study, and I highly recommend it. She's a very good speaker, and doesn't "read out of the book" to you during the presentations. www.lifeway.com/believinggod/ has a sample study. Enjoy!!

Kathy

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  11:19:23 AM  Show Profile
Oh, wow, Clare! Two summers ago a group of ladies and I did the Beth Moore book Believing God. I really loved that one. I think you can't go wrong with any of her work.
Have you tried Christian Book Distributors? Here's the link so you can check out their prices. http://www.christianbook.com/
Can't wait to hear more about your study!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  11:24:44 AM  Show Profile
OH How awesome! Beth Moore is wonderful! I would try lifeway. My hunny is a minister and that is where we get alot of our stuff. Enjoy!

Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  2:21:44 PM  Show Profile
I have done many Beth Moore studies, and those of other women who touched the hearts of my bible study class. Lifeway Christian Bookstore is a great source for many good studies.

We have done the study on Paul "To Live is Christ", the study on David "A Heart Like His" and a study on John "Beloved Disciple" and Jennifer Rothschild's study called "The Footprints of God". We have done "Believing God" by Beth Moore. All are wonderful, and I would recommend them to anyone. We most recently did "Hearing the Voice of God" by Priscilla Sharer. That was great. So many studies, so little time! All available at www.lifeway.com

Jeannie

Ephesians 1:17
Go to Top of Page

faithymom
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Faith
Sandpoint ID
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  5:06:40 PM  Show Profile
One of my favorites is Max Lucado. I did a study of his "He Chose the Nails" and it's just great. The one we did had a DVD, the book, and workbooks.

"All television is educational television. The only question is, what is it teaching?"-Fmr. FCC Commissioner Nicholas Johnson
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  7:08:25 PM  Show Profile
Beth Moore, & Kay Arthur are both good -- A Woman's Heart God's dwelling place is a good one by Beth Moore on the tabernacle. Annabel Gillhem has a good book out called the Confident Woman about being confident in who you are in Christ. Choices by Mary Farrar is also good.

Seek the Lord for your group,

Holly

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic bible Study-Beth Moore Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page