mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2005 :  08:01:02 AM  Show Profile
HI Susan, you are so very welcome, I'm glad you like it!!!

Yes, Minky would be heavenly big enough for us, wouldn't it? Too bad it's so darned expensive! I may need to make a small pillow at least from some to snuggle with..hehe.

Beaver Dam is one hour north of Madison, about an hour northwest of Milwaukee :)

Have a great day!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2005 :  09:42:12 AM  Show Profile
Girls, What is minky? I am so out of the loop on so many things, but still curious! Sounds cool!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2005 :  09:55:51 AM  Show Profile
Jenny, Minky/Minkee fabric is the softest fabric you can imagine feeling, it's a type of chenille and once you feel it you won't be able to stop They have it in "smooth" textures and in "dots" with raised dots all over it. Type in Minky or Minkee into the search bar on eBay and you should be able to see some examples (of course you won't be able to feel it through the computer )!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2005 :  10:41:58 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Molly! Is minky available in fabric stores? Is it a vintage fabric? Sounds like I may need a minky blankie too... I would like to make blankies for other family members. I get the coolest ideas on this forum.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2005 :  2:17:41 PM  Show Profile
I've only seen it in the high-end fabric stores around here (ie. not at Walmart, like Nancy's Notions (which is headquartered here in town). It's not vintage, it's very brand-new fabric (and around $16 a yard).

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

countrymamma
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Rural Manitoba
Canada
78 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2005 :  6:46:55 PM  Show Profile
Check it out

http://www.minkydelight.com/

I've got to try and find some of that here in Canada. Sounds heavenly.

~Carol
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2005 :  8:09:59 PM  Show Profile
That's a good price they offer it at on that site ($10.99), I looked on eBay again and saw it as low as $8.99 a yard, so it can be found cheaper. All the colors they are making it in are so beautiful!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2005 :  8:14:27 PM  Show Profile
Girls, I found minky on ebay for $6.99! I think I have found a new fabric love! Those baby blankies are so adorable! Makes me want to have another baby! I am 49, so this won't be happening. Grandchildren could be in my future someday!
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2005 :  9:19:55 PM  Show Profile
ooh I need to look on eBay again and do some stockpiling! Thanks for the tip, Jenny!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilting Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page