Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 North Carolina Farmgirl intro
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic North Carolina Farmgirl intro Next Topic  

Jeanna
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Jeanna
Franklin NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2005 :  07:13:45 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone from the mountains of NC. My name is Jeanna and I can't wait to get to know all you farmgirls. My husband and I live on a rented farm of 32 acres at the moment. We used to own a small 7 acre hillside farm but because I have some medical issues were not able to hold on to it. We have a dukes mixture around here with chickens--how many I lost count at about 60+, rabbits ( only for pets), cows about 14 at last count, 5 goats although I am only milking one, 2 4-H sheep, 2 hogs--good eating this winter, 1 horse--who has a tendency to have people stop to inform us that he is dead--he is not. Also 3 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 kitten. We grow all we can and I love to can our extra for the winter months. I also love to sew/quilt. My husband and I just celebrated our 19th anniversary on Tuesday and we have 2 children. 1 son that will be 17 this comming Tuesday and 1 daughter who will be 12 in July. Our son is one who can't wait to be away from the farm and our daughter is already making plans for a farm of her own.
Well I have rambled enough. Oh one more thing. Buy Mary Janes book. You will not be disappointed. I picked mine up from my local small town bookstore yesterday and am already over half way through it. LOVE IT-LOVE IT-LOVE IT. Enough said.

Talk to you all over the garden gate.
Jeanna

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2005 :  07:23:18 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Jeanna! North Carolina is so beautiful. We stay in cabins near Otto, and love to travel all around that area. So peaceful. So lucky you are to have a farm in the mountains!

Can't wait to hear more from you!
jpbluesky

Heaven gives its glimpses only to those
Not in position to look too close.
from "A Passing Glimpse" by Robert Frost
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2005 :  08:13:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jeanna and Welcome! You made me laugh out loud with your dead-not dead horse...we have a dog like that! Your little patch of Eden sounds wonderful. I have never been to N. Carolina but my dh lived in S.Carolina and loved the whole area. I'll look forward to hearing more from you!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2005 :  08:31:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi and Welcome Jeanna! That was funny about the horse! Your farm sounds wonderful! Glad you are here! Jenny

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

KJAMES
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

KAREN
SC
USA
34 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2005 :  1:34:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jeanna,
I probably don't live to far from you. I am in the middle of SC but born and raised on the coast of NC. I have goats, chickens,cats and a pet alligator, yeah, I know, I am a little crazy.
We live in the middle of the woods with a pond. Love it here.
Welcome to this site, you will really enjoy it. Really nice group of girls here.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
Go to Top of Page

Jeanna
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Jeanna
Franklin NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2005 :  2:41:53 PM  Show Profile
Thanks you guys for the welcome. I hope to spend as much time as I can here. With the farm and kids, you know how it is.
Again thanks for the welcome.

Jeanna

If both of our troubles were hung on a line--You would take yours and I would take mine.
Go to Top of Page

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2005 :  10:14:37 PM  Show Profile
Hello
The hills of N.C. are beautiful. My husband is from Morehead City, N. C.
Robin In Western Washington State

" From sheep to handspun "
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2005 :  11:11:15 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Jeanna!!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2005 :  10:26:13 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Jeanna! North Carolina is beautiful! I spent a week there with my folks while my stepdad was at Chapel Hill for his sabbatical.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

prairiegirl
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

stacey
fuquay varina NC
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2005 :  11:40:41 AM  Show Profile
Hello Jeanna,

Another North Carolinian! I am downeast in Fuquay Varina! Your farm sounds beautiful for now I have a small garden but hope to one day have a few acres.
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic North Carolina Farmgirl intro Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page