Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Wyoming Next Topic  

Bea
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Wyoming
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2005 :  2:02:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi. I grew up on a farm in Nebraska. I now live in a tiny town at the base of the Snowy Range Mountains. It is lovely here. We got a nice snow last night.I am so happy to have found all of you. I feel a little isolated at times. I have 2 kids. I spin,weave,knit,and love to bake. I am a doula. My husband is a cook at the logde here.
We would love to raise chickens but are not sure of how to keep all of the local dogs(we have more dogs than people here-heehee),and other predators away from them.I look forward to visiting with you all.
Blessings,
Bea

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2005 :  3:53:10 PM  Show Profile
HI Bea, welcome!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page

countrykat
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

kathy
paola kansas
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2005 :  7:20:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Bea. I live in Gillette for a few years in the 70's, I was a teenager and would have given anything to have been able to stay out there. We ended up moving back to Massachusetts though I never forgot the time in Wyoming. I moved to Kansas 10 years ago and still have relatives in Gillette. We are hoping to visit this summer.

Welcome to the group.

Check out chicken tractors, they are portable chicken pens that can be make sturdy enough to keep out pradators. Also, just a couple hens will give you about one dozen eggs a week. Each hen laying 3 eggs in about 4-5 days. Also, you don't need roosters to get the hens to lay. I've known people who keep chickens in suburban backyards.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2005 :  8:00:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi Bea - Welcome and we look forward to hearing more about your interesting life in Wyoming! WE have travelled there and I will never forget an early morning drive (5:30 am) and seeing an elk feeding on the roadside. He merely raised his head and looked at us as we passed. We were near the Tetons.

jpbluesky

Heaven gives its glimpses only to those
Not in position to look too close.
from "A Passing Glimpse" by Robert Frost
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts