Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Located in rural NE PA-Hello, farmgirls!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Located in rural NE PA-Hello, farmgirls! Next Topic  

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2005 :  06:13:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi, farmgirls. I read about Mary Janes farm in Country Living, and I wondered, how could I have missed this for so long?!?!?! I live in NE PA, just a few miles from the Delaware river. We own 23 acres with our home and bought 9 acres up the road and put a large garage/workroom/office for my husband. He grew up on a dairy farm that his father still oeprates, 15 miles north from us. He is a contractor, so I have the ultimate handyman for a husband. We homeschool our two kids, Maddie, 12, and Jake, 4. I stay home now, and take care of the home stuff, but we are both busy outside. Steve does the honeybees and maple syrup making. We garden together, and I can, bake, cook, sew, quilt. I use wild herbs for adding flavor as well as making homemade face and body creams and some herbal medicines for illess. We have no TV, but we bought a computer a few years ago as my daughter needs it for certain programs to help her out with her schooling. I am prone to natural in all areas-homebirth, extended breastfeeding, etc. I can't believe I missed this place for so long. Looking forward to meeting all of you. Oh, I'm 37 in August.

Country girl in NE PA

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2005 :  06:29:08 AM  Show Profile
Hey Clare!
Great to see another gal from PA on these pages!! Glad you have joined us.You are just gonna love it here!!
Your property and life sound incredible. If you are up around the northern Delaware River,you can hardly go wrong on beauty up there. Its the one and only place Ive seen a bald eagle up close and personal.
See you around

Susan

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2005 :  07:25:26 AM  Show Profile
Welcome aboard Clare! You'll love this site!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

jefalody
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Melody
Bangor PA
1 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2005 :  7:18:42 PM  Show Profile  Send jefalody an AOL message
Hi, My name is Melody. I am also in Northeast PA. I, too, am a homebirthing, homeschooling mom of 2 girls with no TV and 9 chickens. We live on 5 acres with a creek and small woods... We keep 2 large vegetable and an herb garden and hope to start an organic flower farm. I am also a seamstress and make children's flower hats, fairy wings, costumes and clothes. I will be 36 in August. Dh is handy with everything and a wonderful guy. Nice to meet you. Melody
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2005 :  9:36:18 PM  Show Profile
Welcome girls!! You both sound so interesting. We are getting the best group here!!! Can't wait to hear more from you gals!!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2005 :  06:57:11 AM  Show Profile
Hello and welcome to both of you. Its nice to have a few more east coast girls, so many from this site are out in the west and midwest. I live in N.J. a small towm called Farmingdale. I dont have my acres yet but am saving for it. At 53 I do hope it comes soon!! We will probavly head up to Vermont. We love it there. I spin, weave and am teaching myself to hook rugs the OLD way with my yarn I dye myself. Glad to have you with us. You'll love this site! Michele

"she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands". Prov. 31:13
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2005 :  07:13:52 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for all the introductions. It's a busy time of year with the wrapping up of the portfolio for school, evaluation Wed to come, and the beginning of the gardening. We got our large garden in lastnight, and I almost forgot the gladioli. So, We left a little room from the end of the rows to the fence, and we just dug a row along the fence for them. They are just so cheerful to look at and cut for inside. I sure hope they do well. My daughter is a spinner, and we are i nthe spinners and weavers guild here. I envy her ease with the wheel. Looking forward to sharing tips for outdoor living and gardening. No animals this year other than our dog and cat. We couldn't find any pigs to raise for pork this eyar.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

fiddlegirl
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Deborah
Clymer PA
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2005 :  2:03:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I grew up in NE PA even though I now live in the Western part of the state. It sounds like you have a great set up. I homeschool my two youngest children (one is a Jake too:) We are considering getting bees but we aren't sure that we have enought room and what kind of equipment would be involved. Do you have any good resources for information? Thanks, Deb
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Located in rural NE PA-Hello, farmgirls! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page