Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  2:56:25 PM  Show Profile
As long as there are no covenents or rules limiting how much you can have on limited acreage (in the way of livestock) I don't see why not. It is kind of the same concept of a well organized closet, only you have to organize what animals go where, etc. As someone who is doing pigs for the first time this year (on borrowed land in a borrowed barn, since we live in a suburb), do put the pigs as far from your house as possibly. They are smelly little beasts! Best wishes! It sounds wonderfuL!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  3:38:23 PM  Show Profile
I couldn't get away with pigs here..wish I could!! I have raised them in the past. We do buy our pork from a farmer here locally. Beef too.
Brenda..great way to decribe my farmette...like organizing a closet!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Two Acres is it enough? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page