westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2007 :  07:20:33 AM  Show Profile
I posted something on this subject as a reply from Libbie's "have you ever been told" but wanted to post here because I think its important for all of us "FARMERS @ HEART". In the dictionary the word CULTIVATE has many meanings. I always just think of myself as a farmer at heart only BUT I am a gardner. One of "cultivate" meanings is to "nurture" to "improve" or "develope" something. To loosen the soil to grow plants. I do that, we all do that. I grow about 60 different plants, flowers & herbs in my very small yard. I cultivate. I love gardening, it brings me so much joy and somehow this word CULTIVATE makes me feel a bit more of a farmer then just in my heart. So for all of you Farmers @ heart, go cultivate!!

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2007 :  07:46:35 AM  Show Profile
Michele- I love your perspective. It applies to so many aspects of a farmgirl's life. What a wonderful thought.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2007 :  10:56:35 AM  Show Profile
So very, very true! There are many areas where we can CULTIVATE in our lives!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  09:35:31 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Michele! I LOVE it! We farmgirls DO cultivate life wherever we go - be it our own lives, lives of plants, friends, loved ones, strangers, children, animals.... What a wonderful definition of what farmgirls "do!" THANK YOU!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  09:57:54 AM  Show Profile
Amen, Michele. I have a gardening angel plaque in my kitchen with the saying "Sow some seeds of kindness today", very fitting for all of us farm girls, whether on the farm, in the suburbs or a city high rise! Farmgirls flourish! Nance
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  10:34:25 AM  Show Profile
Michelle- That's a great way to look at it, no matter what we are tending be it large or small. Also goes along with the "Bloom where you are planted " philosophy which I sometimes need to be reminded of
as well. As long as we strive for the most that we can do and be we will surely reap a bountiful harvest. Blessings to all of us for that which we already have.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  9:28:58 PM  Show Profile
A long time ago a friend told me of a saying..."The momma sets the pace for the day." So if you are a momma you are in the business of 'cultivating'...whether it be moods, love, kindness, cookies, crafting, etc. It never ends! But what a wonderful thing to 'cultivate.' You don't even need to be diggin' in the dirt!

http://homesteadmercantile.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic we all cultivate Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page