babs
True Blue Farmgirl

226 Posts

Babette
MN
USA
226 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2007 :  8:22:44 PM  Show Profile
Thought I'd share tonights dinner with you girls, I'd have taken pics but quite frankly it just didn't last that long! lol

Okay
Find a nice big pot for fettucine noodles ( or whatever pasta your honey likes, mine likes fettucine) :)
add a nice palm full of salt to the water and 1-2 tbls sized dabs of olive oil.
Set that to boil and when it does add your noodles.

Meanwhile:
add 2 tbls sized dabs of olive oil and 3 tbls of butter to a large saute pan
set to med low and mix your oils well. Add your deveined shrimp and stir to coat. Next add in 1 1/2 tbls of minced garlic. I buy a lb of minced garlic at a time, I use it in everything and it saves me tons of time. Okay mix in your garlic. Now you are only going to cook your shrimp about 5 minutes. How fast can you grate and squeeze a lemon?
I use 2. Slice one into nice thin rounds and set aside. The other one zest completely, cut in half and squeeze both halves. When your shrimp is done remove from heat (I turn my burner to low but leave it on) and add the juice, zest, rounds and a small pinch 1/8 of a tsp or so of red pepper flakes. Now it's OKAY if the shrimp sauce is a little spicy it needs to flavor the noodles.

When the pasta is done drain it very well and add it to your saute pan. If you have left your burner on like I do you can move back to the stove and stir it over a little heat.

And thats it - its soooooooo easy and just delicious. This recipe is on the permanent menu rotation and we have this maybe every 3 months or so. :)

Enjoy!
Babs

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2007 :  8:32:44 PM  Show Profile
That just sounds so yummy! Thanks!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2007 :  05:14:20 AM  Show Profile
Yum - Shrimp with Pasta is one of our favorites that cycles through the menu every few weeks, too. I never put lemon in it before, just use olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, parsley and a little salt, saute until nicely blended then I throw the shrimp in and let them cook quickly. My mom has adapted my recipe to use as an appetizer (no pasta) or she adds scallops with the shrimp, but we like our shrimp to stand alone!

Actually, this is planned for our dinner tonight, so I will try it your way this time!

Thanks for sharing!

Jo

"There are no strangers here, only friends you've yet to meet."
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Recipe - Shrimp Scampi Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page