Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Have you ever told anyone you were a...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Have you ever told anyone you were a... Next Topic
Page: of 3

Peg Graham
True Blue Farmgirl

281 Posts

Peg
Chesapeake Virginia
USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  11:44:14 AM  Show Profile
Hey...how about this: 'FarmGirl in Training'?

miles of smiles~
Peg
Go to Top of Page

Runbikegrrl
True Blue Farmgirl

250 Posts

MaryAnn
Waterbury Ctr VT
USA
250 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  2:03:44 PM  Show Profile
It so funny we are all so proud to be "farmgirls"...I can remember getting ready to do out on Friday...hummm ..or was it Sat nights when I was a teen and my mom saying with discust "Only farmers go out/into town on Fri (Sat) night" Se how good I listened I can't even remember what nite it was??? LOL. Also my first hubby's (I am widowed from him) sisters use to downplay their country roots totally...dressed like city girls etc, etc despite the fact their Dad made a living working in a mine and riding the rodeo!!! Imagine!!

"So many interests so little time!"

http://lovelifelivegrrl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  9:59:38 PM  Show Profile
It really IS interesting how we can look at "farmgirl-ness," isn't it? I know that for some people it might conjure up a vision of something...well..less than desirable, but for me - and it seems like for a lot of us! - it brings to mind something REAL, something dig-in-the-dirt GOOD, and something so SIMPLE, it's beautiful. And since being a farmgirl is a condition of the heart, anyone can join in the fun! I just love it. MaryAnn - it's pretty neat to be proud of it, isn't it?!?!?!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

MzzBee
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Rebecca
VA
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2007 :  05:07:55 AM  Show Profile  Click to see MzzBee's MSN Messenger address
This is my 1st time on this site and I never knew there were so many people that feel the way I do about being a Farm Girl. I have felt that way since I was a kid and yet have never lived on a real farm (my fantasy), but have been an avid gardener for many years. My grandmother's family were farmers, though, and I know I have those family genes. It's such a pleasure knowing I have so many soulmates out there.

"Don't wear perfume in the garden... unless you want to be pollinated by bees." (Anne Raver)
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2007 :  07:56:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Rebecca! Welcome to the forums!

Isn't the forum such a great place! The ladies here have such a wealth of knowledge, enthusiasm, and love! I spend a bit of time here everyday, but when life really gets me down I _have_ to have some time here online with my farmgirl friends!

Also if you want, you should stop by the Welcome Wagon thread. It's a great place to introduce yourself and let people get to know you a bit!

Hugs!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2007 :  1:30:09 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Rebecca!! It IS fun to find someplace where you truly belong..that is one of the things that makes HERE so special!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2007 :  07:17:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I have been telling everyone that I am a farmgirl on this trip! It is so much fun to be able to tell people about MaryJane and her farm. I even met a fellow farmgirl here in town that just didn't know about the forum! Peggy has been a family friend for a long time. She is an amazing gormet cook and I even remember going to her daycare when I was younger. She has an amazing garden and grows MaryJanesFarm Garlic! I guess she had an amazing crop last year and her garden is doing great this year too. She says she orders from the Farm all the time, but just hasn't ever seen the forum.

My dad works for a company that is run by a husband and a wife. I got to meet them yesterday and they are really sweet. Guess what- they live on a farm too! So we got to chat about the farm again. I also got to tell a family friend who doesn't live on a farm, but loves to garden and her mom lives on a ranch.

It has been a great trip so far and I can't wait to share MaryJanesFarm with more people!

Hugs

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2007 :  5:42:15 PM  Show Profile
I love how we are all farmgirls at heart, no matter where we live, or where we are on our journies in life. I have a very small yard but love playing in the dirt. For this season of my life, it is where my dh and I are at. I am going to figure out how to have 3 chickens. Have wood for coup and will be working on it with dh in a few days. How fun will that be. You build it and they will come, isn't that the phrase.....
Carol Sue

Life is short, enjoy every moment.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2007 :  9:29:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Carol Sue- If nothing else, you could order them mail order from a hatchery!

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Have you ever told anyone you were a... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page