Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Knitting Next Topic
Page: of 4

lurban
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Vermont
61 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2005 :  08:16:48 AM  Show Profile
I'm so impressed with you sock makers. I love knitting sock. Singular. The second in the pair bores me to tears. Hence, I've been doing Christmas stockings. They're especially fun because the sizing doesn't need to be precise!

Now if only there was such a thing as a Christmas mitten.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2005 :  10:53:16 AM  Show Profile
You will have to start a new trend lurban...I think a Christmas mitten would be adorable!! With a special treat in the thumb, right?
The only way I can stay focused on doing the pair of socks is to start that second one immediatly after finishing the first. Some gals start both socks at the same time and alternate working on one and then the other so they finish up at the same time. I have never tried that trick.
I just started a new pair day before yesterday with some yarn I had bought on my last trip up to the big city (Provo) I am loving this yarn. It is self patterning and turning out to be really pretty. I like the size yarn too..more substantial than the last pair. All acrylic though, so I guess you can't have it all. The yarn is called Moda.Dea Sassy stripes and I got the colorway that has blues, greens and pinks...really attactive. I love how fast it is going..I am using size 3 1/2 needles. Last few pairs of socks I used size 1 and 1/2...big diference in how fast they go. I am ready for fast...haha

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

countrykat
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

kathy
paola kansas
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2005 :  7:34:29 PM  Show Profile
I knit the first sock to completion then wear it while I knit the second. Seems to help speed me along when I have one foot not being cuddled by a hand made sock.

I've used the sock yarns too Jenny, the ones that require a 0 or 1 pair of needles. I also knit with five dp's, four working and one to do the actual knitting.

Gotta run, started a shrug with some novelty yarns, for a friend. She was complaining of the cold at work, in the Summer they really turn up the airconditioners.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Knitting Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page