Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  06:52:20 AM  Show Profile
I have long ago reserved my website, which will be PastBlessings.com. I have my degree in graphic design and can easily create PDFs for each page, but I am clueless as to how to do links, etc. and then actually load it to a server. And, how do I find a good server and decide to use them. I guess I don't need website design, but just the how-tos of getting it from something I design on my computer to something for the world to see. I really need to get this up and running, for the sake of my show. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. You girls are so great!

Brenda
Past Blessings Antique Show

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.

faithymom
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Faith
Sandpoint ID
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  09:17:14 AM  Show Profile
You should get a book on HTML, I'd check the library.
I saw one that was called "HTML for Dummies".
This should help you with setting up your site.
I'm no help as far as servers go...

Faith

"All television is educational television. The only question is, what is it teaching?"-Fmr. FCC Commissioner Nicholas Johnson
Go to Top of Page

vintagechica
True Blue Farmgirl

438 Posts

Eren
Poolville TX
USA
438 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  12:46:12 PM  Show Profile
I can help you Brenda. I have a small website designs business and can send you the code you need. Email me at ssanedro@wi.rr.com and we can chat.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A sure way to avoid housework...live outdoors.

www.vintagechica.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  5:46:14 PM  Show Profile
Brenda,
There are many companies that will host your site as well as provide other services (such as submitting your site to the seach engines). They provide a choice of templates for you to build your online store. You can bring your own graphics or they will design a package for you. Sounds like for you all you would need is to plug in your graphics and you will be all set. Hosting costs from $8-$20 a month depending on the perks offered. These online stores come with your shopping cart & the ability to accept payment through paypal and/or credit cards. It's all set up for you. Oh, and no html knowledge is needed. There are several sites that cater to artist/crafter types. The one I use is http://u-maintain-it.com/ and the other is http://www.diyestores.com/ I believe the WAHM site also offers this service. There was a discussion of this in the entrepreneur section of these forums too. I'm sure others can tell us about services they use.
Hope that helps!
Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2007 :  09:50:44 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the advice. Eren, I will be emailing you. God bless!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Help with a website? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page