Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Large pine tree fell on my house!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Large pine tree fell on my house! Next Topic  

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  8:03:04 PM  Show Profile
This is one way to get the office remodeled...two nights ago during one of those northwest winds storms we have been having a tree broke off and landed on the end of our house (my office). Nobody hurt...but only by God's grace. I guess He is not done with me yet. Read my blog to get the details.
I have stuff piled everywhere in my house as we had to clean out the office...no small feat!
My husband and a crew of friends worked like crazy yesterday afternoon to get the hole in the roof tarped and the snow began falling on him, but he got it done. Good thing...as we have about 6" of fresh snow and it is fridged out there. Burrr!
Anyhooo...read more and see pictures on blog...
Pamela

http://homesteadmercantile.blogspot.com/

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  8:13:05 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I am so sorry we had that happen when I was a kid wiped out 1/3 of my grandmother house. I am so glad to hear every one is well. We had the same blessing two cousins had been standing where the tree came through the house about 3 minutes prior to it coming in. They where so lucky. I pray all gets fixed soon and that is a drain financial to fix and to heat the out side in winter.

May happier days be a head.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
my web stores www.sunshines.etsy.com and http://vintagethreads.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  8:53:23 PM  Show Profile
So so sorry about the tree on the house and in the house. I saw your pictures on your blog. WOW! glad nobody was near the tree crash. I like your blog, very interesting. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  8:59:07 PM  Show Profile
Holy cow, Pamela! That tree was huge! So glad to hear that you are all safe. Best wishes for the rebuild of your dreams!

Catherine

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  9:36:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh!!! What a scary thing..I am so thankful you are all okay!!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

faithymom
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Faith
Sandpoint ID
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  10:34:45 PM  Show Profile
Pamela, I like your blog.
Sorry to hear about your house!
We were gone for Christmas and had a small fire in the boys' bedroom, so our family is a bit displaced right now, too (the boys are in my daughter's room and she is in with us)

We are in Sandpoint...not too far from you...
It HAS been so cold!

Sometime in early/mid November we were at our friends' house and they had a big branch from their apricot tree fall...it was smack-dab in between our car and another friend's car...it fell just perfectly to *barely* miss both of them...

I'm glad you are safe and here's to speedy handymen! ***Cheers***

Faith

"All television is educational television. The only question is, what is it teaching?"-Fmr. FCC Commissioner Nicholas Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  11:37:14 PM  Show Profile
Pamela! Yikes!!! I'm glad that you and yours are okay - how scary!!! I hope you get a wonderful "new" room...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  05:02:31 AM  Show Profile
Pamela, thank the Lord everybody is safe and sound. Boy, spring cleaning is coming a little early this year, huh? I hope your remodel is exactly what you dream of. Keep us posted! Nance
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  05:13:23 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh!! I am so glad no one was in there! I'm sorry you hsve to deal with that mess and all of that COLD coming into your house! Just keep thinking of that new and improved bedroom and office!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  05:22:04 AM  Show Profile
Pam,
That is NOT pretty good! What a big tree, and What a mess it must have made. Now if I was nearby I would come help you, however I'am not. We had a hole in out roof during the big storm here in October, but yours is MUCH bigger. Hope the repairs are done fast so you can get your life back to normal.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  05:58:03 AM  Show Profile
I saw the photos - that was one big tree! Thank God (really) you were not sitting there when it fell! Hope your repairs go smoothly - keep the photos on your blog so we can watch it come along and be rebuilt!

Ephesians 1:17
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  08:40:43 AM  Show Profile
Oh my!!! checked out your blog. That looks so scary. Thank God that no one was hurt. Now, why couldn't it have fallen the other way!
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  09:40:37 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh! Gives new meaning to the term "tree house"! Thank goodness you were NOT at your desk and that your husband was safely away from the garage. There definitely was a protective hand watching over you both! Sorry for all the relocation and clean up though, that can be a real pain! Stay safe and atleast enjoy the remodeling!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  09:47:32 AM  Show Profile
Pamela,

Is there anything you need? We're leaving for Seattle tomorrow morning, but if I can bring you anything at all, I will this evening. Just let me know and I'll be glad to help out.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

summerbreeze
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Laura
WA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  10:05:06 AM  Show Profile
Yikes! I looked at the pictures. I'm so glad you are all o.k.

Debbie I'm going to send you an email. The roads around Seattle are terrible. Please makes sure you have snow tires and or chains.

Laura

You only live once,if you do it right once is enough.
Go to Top of Page

Sweet Harvest Homestead
True Blue Farmgirl

279 Posts

Lindy
Stanfield NC
USA
279 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  1:38:46 PM  Show Profile
Oh Pamela!
I am so glad that you all are fine.
Lindy

www.sweetharvesthomestead.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

horse
True Blue Farmgirl

371 Posts

laura
pontotoc mississippi
USA
371 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  3:26:21 PM  Show Profile
Pamela, glad to hear you and your are safe and sound. Sorry to hear about the tree accident. Look on the bright side , atleast you are getting a new office.
Laura
www.2lmzfarms.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  4:00:51 PM  Show Profile
Laura,

Thanks. I'll check my email when I get home shortly. I have studded snow tires cuz I live in Idaho and we can still have them. Thanks for the heads up. I'm scared but I want to see my daughter.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  7:16:44 PM  Show Profile
Wow Pamela! So glad no one was hurt...but what a mess!

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2007 :  05:43:23 AM  Show Profile
thank God no one was hurt. Got ideas for that office??

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2007 :  09:49:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi Pamela,
Though you had told me on the phone of the damage, the photo is still shocking! Praise God you had moved from where you were sitting! Now, at least you can get your dream office!

Now, if I could just get our pine trees to take out of terrible deck so we could redo it! LOL!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

lamamama
True Blue Farmgirl

255 Posts

Melanie
CA
USA
255 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2007 :  09:54:27 AM  Show Profile
Good golly, Pamela!!
That was scary. So glad you & yours are OK!! And I really enjoyed your blog. Except I don't believe that those are your kids! You look WAY too young to have a 28 year old. You must have had your first when you were 14. :) And I was LOL at your description of the tree crashing through your house: "A late arrival of a Christmas Tree."
You are so fun-eeeeeee. Glad you could keep a sense of humor about it all.
Good luck with getting everything back together.
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2007 :  3:36:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh , I am so sorry for you.
I couldn't get the pictures.
We had a weeping willow tree to fall in our back yard when I was young . Good thing it missed our house by only a foot or so.
The lighting stuck it.
It was a huge old tree. pinkroses.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Large pine tree fell on my house! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page