Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Fall/Autumn 10" Sq Fabric Swap - SIGNUPS CLOSED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Fall/Autumn 10" Sq Fabric Swap - SIGNUPS CLOSED Next Topic
Page: of 8

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2016 :  05:57:06 AM  Show Profile
Hay there,

FINALLY made it to the post office and got stamps and put every ones pillows in the mail. I am still trying to figure out this phone to take photos of all my beautiful fabrics that I have received. What a wonderfully fun time this has been.

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2016 :  06:41:22 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Judith, so sad for that farmer. Many people don't understand the fact that our farmers is what sustains us and in many instances their profits are marginal. My uncle and cousin ran a dairy farm my entire life. 24/7 no days off. When I was growing up there was a FFA club,future farmers of America. None of the schools have it anymore. I guess it's not cool and farmers are dying off with no one to take over. When the food supply ends, will that be cool?

Marilyn, cute pennant. How sweet the kids keep their areas pretty. You teach them well!

Brenda, prayers for you and your family.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2016 :  3:21:27 PM  Show Profile
A friend shared this web site with me: www.lonestarlaserco.com
It is a site that makes quilt kits with pieces cut with laser, fused and ready for us to assemble. Sounds like a fun idea.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  04:58:50 AM  Show Profile
I will be putting my squares in the mail today or tomorrow. I have been trying to kick a nasty bronchitis and have been pretty tired. All my envelopes are addressed and ready to go.

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  05:29:08 AM  Show Profile
Oh my Denise, bronchitis is not fun. I understand, as I have had it many times. Take it easy so you can get well. Hugs.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  08:37:06 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I have received several sets of Fall fabrics, some with small add-ins: from Beverley, Brenda, Cristy, Darlene R, and Diana. Thank you all SO much. I love all the Fall fabrics. I was not in this swap, but will try to get some squares mailed off to you ASAP.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  11:54:39 AM  Show Profile
Linda...you do not need to mail us squares. This was a surprise for you. A gift of sorts.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  12:01:12 PM  Show Profile
I knew you would clarify this for us! Thank you, Marilyn!!

And, thank you, Linda, for all the planning you do for us!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  12:31:22 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thank you all for the squares. I love the surprise. And I enjoy setting up the swaps for fabric. Thank you all for joining in on them.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  2:31:15 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn, thanks for sharing that laser cut fabric/quilt kit site! Makes applique look easier.

Denise, take good care of yourself! Bronchitis is noooo fun! Hugs!

Jana I received your fabric today..Wow! they are so pretty together! I have to think of something very special for those. And thanks for the extra tuck!

Audra I love your fabric! Those birds make it look so elegant! And again, they go together so well! Thank you.

Christy Martin, very cool squares...again, a great match! Something so different in every envelope!!I just love Autumn! Thanks! Today, I am cutting out my second fabric, so the envelopes should be stuffed and ready to mail tomorrow.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  4:28:46 PM  Show Profile
Christy and Audra, thank you for the beautiful Autumn squares I received today. I can hardly wait for time to sew and use them.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  8:28:21 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Received Jana, Audra and Christy Martins fabric today and love them. Tucks too!

Marilyn, I received the envelope I sent for you on the 17th. It says insufficient address, undeliverable. It's the same address I always use. I will resend tomorrow. It took 12 days to get it back to me from a local po!
This is why it's important that everyone keeps track of and posts who sent them the fabric. Everyone should have received my fabric by now. I won't know until you post. Hope it got to everyone.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2016 :  2:56:14 PM  Show Profile
All of my Autumn envelopes went out in today's mail. Yay!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2016 :  7:13:16 PM  Show Profile
"A day late and dollar short" ----a favorite saying of my dad.
Well, I finally got the material I ordered in the mail, cut all my squares, and found out I was 4 squares short. So back to a local store for a bit more fabric. I think I'm going to be short some stamps too.. so, I'll send out what I can tomorrow and make a trip to the old PO on Monday for the rest of my swaps too.

I've been getting such pretty fabric every day. I have 1/2 of them now. I'd better start cutting my pattern too.. or my new table cloth will be just a lovely dream!
Have a great day..
M

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2016 :  7:23:18 PM  Show Profile
Today's fabric was from Daizy. Two very pretty squares. Thank you.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2016 :  7:48:16 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Daizy, I received your nice fabric today. Thank you.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2016 :  2:33:14 PM  Show Profile
Today I received two pretty squares from Rebecca Ricio. Hadlee loves them too. Then the next envolope contained two more pieces of autumn beauty from Darlene Mossman. Next we went to the post office to mail my October cards and pick up more squares from Jana Emhardt. She sent three and some leaves too. All of today's squares are so pretty. Thank you ladies.
What ever will I make.....????? Oh, I know.
TexasGran

Edited by - TexasGran on Oct 01 2016 2:36:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2016 :  3:09:16 PM  Show Profile
Wow, today I "made out like a bandit"!

I received fabric squares in the mail from Darlene Mossman, Rebecca Riccio, Daizy. All are so beautiful and colorful! Thank you for making my day!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

Bluedog355
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Diana
Alstead New Hampshire
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2016 :  3:49:48 PM  Show Profile
It has been a busy time, thinking of you Farmgirls who are currently facing difficult times.

I have a growing stack of thick envelopes, but I have not yet opened any! My good friend, Ann, is a quilter so we paired up for this project. We each bought one fabric & we got together to send them out. We thought it would be fun to meet up again and open them together!! She is going to coach me, and help me tackle the threading mess I have made between my needle & bobbin. For some strange reason she thinks I should use some fabric I have stashed, haha! (each summer we take a day to explore distant fabric shops, and some of the fabrics, I just adore...) Haha I had one exception, I did open one envelope that felt as if there was only paper inside - I thought it was perhaps Farmgirl Mail Art, but I cracked up, knowing the steps we took to process, address, stamp etc envelopes -- Daizy I got a sweet note from you, but the fabric didn't make it inside LOL! Thanks so much for all the fun, I will let you all know how our little opening party goes!

Diana #6578
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2016 :  4:16:59 PM  Show Profile
That sounds like fun, Diana.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2016 :  4:51:33 PM  Show Profile
More treats in my mail box this morning:
2 lovelies from Daizy, fall leaves and accent color from Christy, and sweet lodge fabric and a wonderful pumpkin- squash fabric.
Since I'm planning on a table cloth-- the pumpkin-squash will make a great hot pad for casseroles.
My pile is growing. What fun!!
Mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)

Edited by - Madelena on Oct 01 2016 4:52:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2016 :  07:24:21 AM  Show Profile
Hay there,

WHAT??? Mz Diana, you mean to tell me that my fabric was removed? That's just soooooo bad!!! Grrrrr! I will be posting you some more first of the week. I am sooo mad......I was going to tape down the envelopes but decided to trust the peel off sticky envelop. I won't make that mistake again.

I am so glad that everyone that DID receive fabrics like the choices I made. Happy stitching!!!

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2016 :  10:37:22 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
You farm girls are so special. Thank you SO SO much for sending me squares as a surprise. Friday and Saturday I received more squares from Marilyn, Jana (with added leaves), Darlene M, Daizy, and Audra. So many beautiful fabrics and so many different fabrics with leaves - and no duplicates. Thanks again.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Bluedog355
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Diana
Alstead New Hampshire
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2016 :  12:48:07 PM  Show Profile
Daizy that is so kind of you, it was odd, and it was taped shut! I bet the fabric slid out and someone in the postal trail taped it up but did not know where the fabric came from! One time we got a plastic envelope containing our address & my in-laws return address, and a note saying the envelope had been damaged...
Diana

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2016 :  1:08:49 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I just posted the new swap for Christmas fabrics - with October mailout date so we have time to complete projects. I hope you will all sign up. You can never have too many Christmas fabrics or Christmas quilts. (I plan to make some Christmas bed runner quilts this year as gifts.)

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Fall/Autumn 10" Sq Fabric Swap - SIGNUPS CLOSED Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page