Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Fall/Autumn 10" Sq Fabric Swap - SIGNUPS CLOSED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Fall/Autumn 10" Sq Fabric Swap - SIGNUPS CLOSED Next Topic
Page: of 8

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2016 :  3:11:03 PM  Show Profile
My squares went to the mail box this afternoon.
Marilyn thank you for the get well wishes, I am feeling better and much less tired than last week.

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2016 :  5:27:14 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I hope you are feeling better, Denise.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Christy925
True Blue Farmgirl

476 Posts

Christy
Midland Michigan
USA
476 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  03:06:23 AM  Show Profile
I have received lots of fall fabrics also. I'm in love with all the leaves :) It's my favorite time of year here in Michigan. We usually drive what is called The Tunnel of Trees in October. My hubby is not doing so well in the Cancer battle. I don't think we'll be going this year. Having all this lovely fall fabric to play with will be my escape. Happy week everyone!

Farmgirl Sister #2315
http://www.etsy.com/shop/WildThymeCreations?ref=pr_shop
https://www.flickr.com/photos/marketwoman45/albums
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  08:45:16 AM  Show Profile
Christy, prayers for your DH and for you. Yes, I will find the Fall fabrics soothing to work with also.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  10:59:17 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thinking of you and your husband with hugs and prayers, Christy. Fall is such a beautiful time of year, and these Fall fabrics definitely tell of all its beauty.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  10:59:58 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I have decided what to do with the fall fabrics you farm girls so graciously sent me. I have a fall panel that I will border with them, and I will also have enough left over to make a fall banner using the Missouri Star Quilt pattern for a banner from 10" squares. See tutorial here for the banner: https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=AwrTHQahnfJX1G4A.qtXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEybHZmMnM2BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjE4NzlfMQRzZWMDc2M-?p=MSQC+10%22+Square+Banner+Tutorial&fr=mcafee#id=59&vid=46f763b97262a40544001a8dee233a38&action=view

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Edited by - quiltee on Oct 03 2016 11:06:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  11:06:17 AM  Show Profile
yes Linda the squares everyone sent where to be a surprise for you, you are not to send any back!!! I am glad you like them too. It always amazes me how we never get doubles!! Just love it!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  11:08:10 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Beverley. I am so thankful for all of you. I hope you will all join in on the Christmas fabric 10" square swap. The signup list has started.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6583 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6583 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  11:24:46 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, I am still working on my squares, running behind. They will go in the mail within the next couple of days.
Than you all.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

FGOTM, Septembe, 2012

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that!

http://shopus.longaberger.com/mountainwingslongabergerbaskets
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  12:51:46 PM  Show Profile
Today I received beautiful scenery from Judith. This must be what Autumn looks like up north. Thanks Judith.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  12:54:51 PM  Show Profile
Linda, remember that talk about new refrigerators. My son and DIL had just bought a new Kitchen Aid. It went out Friday. A new one was just delivered. The man said theirs was the third one they have had go out. It was six weeks old or less.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  1:45:05 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, Marilyn. I will be sure not to get a Kitchen Aid.

I received fabrics from 2 more of you all today - Rebeca White and Judith. Your apples are great, Rebecca. And I love the scenic ones many of you have found. I love the old trucks. I am looking for one to use as a farm truck - I'd love one from the late 40s or the 50s. LOL! Ed has pieces of 5 Dodge 1968 Little Red Express trucks and he has SAID that I can have one. I'd need to get it fixed up, but it would be cheaper than buying an entire new truck. All I need is a good mechanic and car painter. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Edited by - quiltee on Oct 03 2016 1:49:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  2:33:17 PM  Show Profile
Linda are the pecan trees in east Texas beginning to drop pecans yet? The crazy weather this year has made for some rather strange pecans. Some are frozen in the darkened hulls, some green hulls are splitting open. A few pecans have truly fallen, but are not ready to shell yet. I just shelled one. It is light golden yellow, very moist and very little taste. It is really too early, not cold enough yet. I did send my son a text and suggested that he mow under the tree by the arena, and cleanup under it...meaning-move those make believe steers that are parked in the shade there. He loves pecans and is usually good to do the clean up when I say the time has come.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  5:59:52 PM  Show Profile
Denise, I hope you continue to feel better and better.
Christy, I am sorry your husband is struggling with cancer. It is a beast that seems to touch almost every family now days. My son and oldest grand daughter are the only ones in our family who have NOT had to deal with it.
God bless you and your families.
TexasGran

Edited by - TexasGran on Oct 03 2016 6:00:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  6:36:39 PM  Show Profile
Linda and Marilyn,
Thank you so much, getting better, but this cough will not quit, at least nyquil helps with the sleeping.
Christy, thinking of you and your husband, fall is the best season.
The weather has been so nice the last few days, I think its supposed to get cooler later this week....
I have not made it to my mailbox yet, but I plan to stop on my way to work tomorrow.

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2016 :  07:58:24 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Here is a picture of the Fall wall hanging I'm making. I framed a panel I got up in Oregon on our trip and used a coping strip around the panel and some of the wonderful 10" Fall squares from you farm girls for the border. It took 9 of the squares - 8 cut in half (making sure the pattern went horizontally or vertically), one cut in quarters for the corner blocks. The one thing about bordering panels: they are never good dimensions, divisible evenly by any number. And I had to measure at least 4 times (I think even more) to decide whether to leave the border they had on the panel or cut it off and add one myself. It worked out better to use my own - it came out mathematically better. It is amazing how much math is involved in quilting. And the 10" width of the blocks had to be cut down to a smidge over 9" finished on the sides to a smidge under 8-1/2" on the top. You may also notice that the coping strips are also different widths. I had to do this to make the blocks fit! LOL! Luckily that is not too too noticeable when you view the wall hanging. Now I need to iron it, back it and quilt it.

I'm working on the Fall banner with the other squares. Love them all! Thank you, thank you, thank you again.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2016 :  8:41:48 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Judith and Darlene, I received your fabrics and love them. Love the sayings,Judith!

Cristy, sorry your husband is not doing well. The battle is fierce. Many prayers for both of you.

Denise, hope you feel better. That cough is the pits and it seems to linger!

Linda, that is beautiful! You are a busy bee! LOL!

Off to sign up for the Christmas swap!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2016 :  01:18:03 AM  Show Profile
Linda, your wall hanging is beautiful.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Bluedog355
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Diana
Alstead New Hampshire
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2016 :  05:46:54 AM  Show Profile

Yesterday afternoon I got together with my quilter friend to take a walk and open envelopes! What a fun time! We spread them out on a blanket on the common - thank you all. The extra surprises were also fun, although with 2 of us opening, I lost track of just what came out of each envelope, lol. Linda, the hanging you made is lovely, I can't wait to see the banner project.

Diana
Farmgirl #6578
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2016 :  08:49:50 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Everyone has not yet signed up for the Christmas Swap! Are you going to let this one pass by?

Diana - you should get your quilter friend to sign up herself - she would first need to sign up on MJF. Then she can get ALL of the squares herself and not have to share them. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2016 :  09:17:25 AM  Show Profile
Denise C., I received your Fall fabrics! Thank you! Lovely, subtle colors. I really liked the leaf patterns on the one with words. I can remember finding a few of those leaves. (the last of Autumn).

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6583 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6583 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2016 :  11:13:04 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much Marilyn G, Christy M, Judith L, Beverley B, Brenda W, Darlene R, Rebecca W, Cristy M, Jana E, Rebecca R, Audra S, Daizy B, and Diana N. for all the beautiful fall fabulous pics and little extras you sent so very nice of all of you!
Thank you all so much for your patience, my squares will go out in Tuesday's mail which is my next day to go to town:-(
I will not be participating in November's or December's Swaps, have fun all.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

FGOTM, Septembe, 2012

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that!

http://shopus.longaberger.com/mountainwingslongabergerbaskets
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Oct 06 2016 11:23:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2016 :  1:49:53 PM  Show Profile
Today's mail was delightful. Four pretty and different autumn squares from Mary and Denise. Thank you ladies. I love your choices.

TexasGran

Edited by - TexasGran on Oct 06 2016 1:50:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2016 :  3:01:44 PM  Show Profile
Another wonderful envelope with pretties from Judith. Reminds me of childhood Ohio. Thanks, Judith.
Mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2016 :  9:10:00 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Denise, love your fabrics. Thank you.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Fall/Autumn 10" Sq Fabric Swap - SIGNUPS CLOSED Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page