Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 One thing I love about where I live...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic One thing I love about where I live... Next Topic  

brianna.e
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Brianna
Gladstone Michigan
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2016 :  06:46:39 AM  Show Profile
I am currently writing an article about loving where you live (something that was really hard for me to do) and I thought, "Hey! Lets see what the Farmgirls love about their area!"

It is hard to think of ANYTHING you like about where you live when you aren't partial to the area, but if you think hard enough, you will find something!

Here is mine: I love that I live in small town where I can leave my house with the main door open and screen door shut and not have to worry about what may happen. I love that even though we have minor issues, this place is safe and our neighbors still look out for one another.

Your turn!

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7490 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7490 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2016 :  07:16:52 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I love living in a small town in the country, where I can see the stars at night, watch the horses in my pasture, and hear the frogs croaking in the pond. I don't think I would leave my door open when I leave the house, but my neighbors really do look out for one another.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2016 :  07:30:13 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I am in Texas....

Go to Top of Page

brianna.e
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Brianna
Gladstone Michigan
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2016 :  08:18:26 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by quiltee

I love living in a small town in the country, where I can see the stars at night, watch the horses in my pasture, and hear the frogs croaking in the pond. I don't think I would leave my door open when I leave the house, but my neighbors really do look out for one another.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

That sounds LOVELY!! I bet you live in a beautiful area :)

I should mention that I don't normally leave my door open like that. It was an accident (oops!) but it was nice to know that nothing happened and my neighbors look out for us :)
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2016 :  08:39:00 AM  Show Profile
I love that where I live we can turn in any direction and find farmlands, woodlands, mountains, rivers, lakes, cities, rural communities, country living, and each with all it's amenities! We're even less than half a day's drive to the ocean! We're never at a loss for something fun to see or do or places to be - winter, spring, summer OR fall! :) And don't even get me started on all the history that surrounds us! I love living here! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Jul 29 2016 08:39:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13625 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13625 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2016 :  11:56:24 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I live on three acres that my dad deeded to us from the farm I grew up on. I love that I'm still "connected" to the farm and the roots of being raised on the farm. We no longer own the farm but it's here for me to see, even thought it's been sold in parcels and there are homes on those parcels.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

rachelbee
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Rachel
Carmel IN
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2016 :  09:53:06 AM  Show Profile
I live in a developed suburban area, but my neighborhood was built in the 60s and we still have these beautiful tall trees. All the newer neighborhoods around us used to be farmland so all their trees are like sticks in the ground.

Rachel, #6992
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3932 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3932 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2016 :  11:12:52 AM  Show Profile
I live in an urban setting here in Minneapolis. This city is divided into neighborhoods that have their own character and charm. I live in the Whittier International neighborhood. The main feature we have is a street loaded with restaurants. It is called Eat Street. The cuisines available are organic/local, Mexican, Chinese, Vietnamese, German, Malaysian, Greek, Caribbean as well as stone-baked pizza, diner-comfort food and fermented. I can walk to a clinic, pharmacy, grocery store, theatre and drinking establishments. I am on the board of the neighborhood organization along with 14 other neighborhood members who all care deeply the neighborhood. As in any large city, we have our problems with crime. Because we work together, crime has come down significantly. There are four bus lines crossing our neighborhood which can get a person anywhere they wish to go in the city. Our neighborhood has a mix of single family and rental housing and includes some historic mansions. The streets are shaded by many large trees. I am particularly lucky to live in an apartment building which has a substantial backyard with a garden. Most apartment buildings in the city do not have this. Our population consists of European-Americans, African-Americans, Hispanics, Hmong and Somalis. It is truly an international neighborhood.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  05:29:54 AM  Show Profile
This is a great post! I love where I live. So many people after 12/14 ask us why we still live here, but Sandy Hook is my home and it is a great place to be. It's a small town with farms and rural charm, but surrounded by big cities. We are close to the coast, close to NYC, and there's plenty of historical and little towns to poke around all over as well. There's local places run by families like two great ice cream shops that make homemade ice cream, small cafes and pizza places that greet you and call you by name when you walk in, and movies at the Edmond Town Hall are a fabulous $2 treat! I love that even though I don't have family here, I have super close friends that treat me like family and would do anything for me. Our schools are great, and it's been a storybook place to live and raise a family.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger

Edited by - texdane on Aug 05 2016 05:56:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6921 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6921 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  07:14:41 AM  Show Profile
I live in Paris, TX population 25,000. Big enough to have everything I want or need, and small enough to get around in easily. My favorite thing about where I live is where my house is located. It's on a short block with only three other houses between two streets. The houses behind me have very large back yards with old trees. When I look across my back fence it's like being in a forest. I can only see into a couple of the back yards because of the trees. Paris is a town of old trees and some of the oldest and biggest are in my neighbor.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Edited by - YellowRose on Aug 04 2016 07:15:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  07:40:33 AM  Show Profile
I love that the area I live in is rural, yet I can be in a major metropolitan city in 40 minutes. the best of both worlds!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #93
My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

My Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  08:27:58 AM  Show Profile
I love that there is so much wonderful history where I live, and so much of it is so readily accessible. I also love that we have Amish neighbors. Not only do they grow and sell wonderful produce and do very careful work when we hire them to do roofing or building or whatever, encountering an Amish buggy or wagon on the road reminds me to slow down a little and just enjoy the ride!

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic One thing I love about where I live... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page