True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  11:42:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,

Now it's my turn to ask for some prayers.

My Uncle Dave survived throat cancer earlier last year and has now come up with cancer in his elbow and liver! The liver thing scares me more.

This uncle used to be a hog farmer and sadly went bust 25 years ago. He had 80 acres, and I can recall many fun summers spent here with my younger brother when we were kids. This uncle and my grandfaher involved w/ sheep is where I get my love for the out of doors and gift for the farm life.

I hope Uncle Dave can pull through this. He has an apointment at OSU to see another onocologist on January 23. Should for some reason he take a turn for the worst, I'll more than likely make a trip up North w/ my folks to pay our respects. BUT, that time is not here yet, so it isn't time for tears.

Thanks,,,,,and my prayers to all of you who are sick and need comfort.

So please remember my uncle Dave and his good, patient wife Sylvia.

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  1:25:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I will certainly keep your uncle and his wife and all of you who love them both in my thoughts and prayers, Anna. I am very sorry for this difficult time in all your lives.

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

shelle
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Shelle
oklahoma
USA
404 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  10:05:18 PM  Show Profile
Anna,

My thoughts are prayers are with you and your uncles family. My husband's family has really sufferd with it. Both his parents died with it within two years of each other so I really feel for your family so much.

God Bless you

Shelle
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  05:23:14 AM  Show Profile
Anna, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. You're right; cancer is frightening because we usually can't see it which makes it even more scary. Medicine has made great strides, so keep a positive outlook. We're here for you. Nance
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  05:48:22 AM  Show Profile
Anna,
Thoughts and prayers for your Uncle, his wife and you and your family. I am sorry you are all going through this.
Xo
Bonnie

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lamamama
True Blue Farmgirl

255 Posts

Melanie
CA
USA
255 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  08:54:32 AM  Show Profile
I am sorry to hear of your troubles. Prayers are on their way to heaven for your Uncle & his wife.
And may the Lord bless you & keep you, & make his face to shine upon you.
Melanie
Go to Top of Page

summerbreeze
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Laura
WA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  08:59:21 AM  Show Profile
So sorry to hear about your uncle. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Laura

You only live once,if you do it right once is enough.
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  09:24:12 AM  Show Profile
You'll all be in my thoughts and prayers!! We've had to deal with a lot of cancer in our family and I do understand.

Blessings,

Missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
http://18happyhens.blogspot.com
http://LamargueriteFarm.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2007 :  4:30:22 PM  Show Profile
thanks ladies! As soon as I hear something. I'll be sure to post an update.

Colon cancer runs on both side of the family, so I'm on the 5 year plan for screening. (I'm 37 and began my happy trip at age 33) Both my parents have had polyps removed. That's really scary!!! It's embarassing for some to talk about, and the stuff they make you drink keeps you running to the potty all day, but it's far better than being cut open and sectioned back together, the pain of possible chemo and the threat of having to wear a colostomy bag the rest of one's life!

My grandfather (mother's father) died from colon cancer...

scary scary stuff! Father also lost a friend to it, and this guy was an all natural twigs and berries kind of guy
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic cancer in the family Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page