Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  5:23:01 PM  Show Profile
I'm headed to the doctor tomorrow to see what's going on, possibly something with my digestive track but I really don't know. I've got a great deal of anxiety with doctors so even the idea of going has my nerves amped up without even knowing what's going on. I'd appreciate your thoughts and prayers as I'm getting things figured out.
Thanks!
Liz

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  5:45:35 PM  Show Profile
Liz- good thoughts, wishes ( and especially prayers ) for you. Don't be intimidated by the doctors, if it helps write down your questions concerns ahead of time and be direct. I hope that you have a good outcome and no need to go back. Do you have someone who can go with you? Sometimes that helps too. Encouragement and hugs from me to you.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  6:18:55 PM  Show Profile
Liz - best wishes and safe, good thoughts!!! I get really nervous going to doctors, too - and bramble's right - writing down questions and concerns is a MUST for me or I forget half of the things I was going to ask about. Glad you're getting yourself checked out! I'll be thinking of you!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  6:25:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Liz:

You will be on my mind and in my prayers as you go to the doctor. I think we all get worked-up about visiting the doctor, so don't worry.

XXOO Sheryl-lyn
Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  6:46:34 PM  Show Profile
My mental capacity seems to drop by half as soon as I hop up onto that examine table. If it requires putting on that lovely little gown, well, I'm toast. ;-[

Writing questions ahead of time, AND writing notes during your visit will help you process all the information when you get home. Of course, it's easy to remember the words, "It's nothing serious, don't worry." And that's what we are all wishing for you!

Sandy

I'd get a face lift - but then it wouldn't match my body!
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  05:52:25 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your postive words, thoughts and prayers! It will be good to know that I've got great people like you ladies in my corner as I'm going through this today. I really appreciate it more than I could ever say!

Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  05:56:01 AM  Show Profile
Liz, Just wanted you to now that I'll be thinking of you as well. It really is comforting to know this group of FarmGirls is behind you, lifting you up. With my recent surgery, it made all the difference in the world for me to know they were there for me. (thanks, y'all!) It provides strength. So, make sure to let us know how your appointment goes and feel comforted in the knowledge that we are lifting you up in thought and prayer.

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."
James Taylor
www.ragstoroses.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  09:59:57 AM  Show Profile
So, it appears my worrying may have been for nothing as the np that I saw didn't seem to think what was going on was out of the ordinary. I'm trying to let it sink in and ease my mind but that medical stuff just gives me the willies. If things continue for another two weeks she said to make an appointment with the dr so I guess I just get to wait and see.
Thank you all again!

Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  10:53:57 AM  Show Profile
Liz- I'm glad to hear that things look good for you. Medical mystery stuff can be very frightening. Hopefully the next 2 weeks will see your system returning to normal.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  12:16:31 PM  Show Profile
Lizz. I hope things will continue to improve.
I know all about those kind of test . I have Severee Refluxe disease along with everything else that is wrong with me.
I hope you will find out what is wrong and will soon get the help you need.
If you don't ; keep bugging the doctor until he or she does something to help you; sometimes that is what you have to do to get better. hugs , prayers. / and or good thoughts be with you pinkroses.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  3:28:57 PM  Show Profile
Liz, prayers going out as I type. Hang in there and keep us posted.
Kel
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Prayers and thoughts... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page