asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  06:54:21 AM  Show Profile
Right now it is about 48 degrees, but by the end of today and into tonight we are to drop down in the low 30's, then the 20's then the teens, brrrr. They are saying an Arctic Blast is on it's way for the Northwest and we could see snow all the way down to the valley floor here in Oregon. We'll see. I know you girls in Washington are probably going to get the brunt of it before we do, try to stay warm and hopefully the electricity will stay on. I would love some snow and clear cold weather for a few days - not too long We have been overcast, rainy and dark for many days now so a change would be good, but I not sure about the teen temperatures - that might not be too good.

Anne

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh

Edited by - asnedecor on Jan 12 2007 06:48:27 AM

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  07:03:40 AM  Show Profile
I agree with you, Anne. These dull gray days can get a person down. I think I always like January because it would get real cold (in the 20s) but would be clear and sunny. My favorite. Makes me feel snappy. A little snow wouldn't hurt but not 2 feet like last time. Stay warm and keep the power on. But please no more wind. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Edited by - Marybeth on Jan 09 2007 07:04:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  07:03:55 AM  Show Profile
we are 12 right now with a high expected around 21 with gusts of wind up to 25 MPH. We have flurries right now that are expected to stop around lunchtime.

Minnesota January temps have arrived!!!!

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blogs: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
http://frugalwitch.wordpress.com
http://tasharose365.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  08:58:05 AM  Show Profile
I'm not going to believe it until I see the first flake fall from the sky. The weather people get everyone all excited (both good and bad excited) about snow talking about it for days. Then it usually fizzles out. This morning I saw 1 to 4 inches predicted -- I'm at least hoping we get that much!

The Rustic Cottage Etsy Shop http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
Picture A Day Blog http://rcpicaday.blogspot.com
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/therusticcottage/

Edited by - therusticcottage on Jan 09 2007 08:58:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

summerbreeze
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Laura
WA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  09:48:46 AM  Show Profile
I'm filling up the gas cans today just in case I have to fire up the generator AGAIN! The grey skies usually don't bother me but this year it has really been tough. I can't remember a winter like this. Last night on the news, they said since October we have had 30 inches of rain, that is what we usually have in a year. But the best news of all 5 DAYS OF SUNSHINE IN THE FORCAST!!!! It is going to be could but at least we will have sun. I'm so excited. I don't even care if we have power as long as we have sun.

Stay warm girls.

Laura

You only live once,if you do it right once is enough.
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  10:30:40 AM  Show Profile
I think if the sun broke through here right now I'd go run around outside naked! Okay maybe not as it would quickly hide behind the clouds, but you get my drift.
It's nice out now, but the forecast is for the temp to drop this afternoon and high winds to pick up from Puget Sound across the Juan de Fuca Strait...and snow. Actually a foot of snow would be nice right now to hide all the mess from the flooding!
I'm off to shovel out (read "harvest") the chicken coop before I need all me woolies.
Di
Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  11:00:11 AM  Show Profile
We have had more snow than usual here this year. I love it until it starts to melt. Then it is so messy. There is a forecast for more snow here this week. So we will see. Im sure it will come, and usually more than what they forecast. I will be bringing some more wood in today. Thankfully that usually after the snow has fallen, the next day is sunshine and blue skies.
Keep us posted on how all of everyone's weather turns out.

lilpunkin

Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away.
Go to Top of Page

wovenheart
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Dona
Washington State
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  3:10:28 PM  Show Profile
We are getting stong winds and as the hours go by it is getting darker and darker and the rain is coming down harder and harder. Turning to snow after midnight. Time make a pot of coffee and knit the afternoon away!

"It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder...It's the stillness that fill me with peace."
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  6:35:58 PM  Show Profile
How are you Washington gals making out now? We lost power yet again about noon, just came back on about 20 minutes ago. We've had some huge, scary gusts and folks have trees down all over the place. It is just starting to snow here now which always makes for an interesting time as people have no clue how to drive in it here. My daughter is already out at her first mva of the night and the snow just started.
Be safe and warm everybuddy!
Di
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  6:46:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi Di! We lost power at noon for about an hour and then at 3:00 it went out again and just came on at 6:15. Man the wind blew and the rain blew sideways. And it was mixed with snow and hail. Now is the lull between storms I'm afraid. As for snow I know what you mean Kay. When it is forecast we don't get any. Mother Nature likes to surprise us. Haha. Oh Di, yes, yes yes, SUNSHINE for maybe 4 days. I love it when it is in the 20s and sunny and cold.
Di, if you have snow maybe I'd better look outside....................MB

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  8:42:48 PM  Show Profile
We've had some wind and strong rain. It is really getting colder outside but not cold enough to snow yet. But along with the cold comes sun -- YEAH! Supposed to get out snow starting at 4 am.

Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  06:56:30 AM  Show Profile
Well I saw a few flakes this morning, still a bit too warm to really snow but they say the temperature will drop more. We'll see.

Anne in Portland

Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  07:34:57 AM  Show Profile
Anne, the snow arrived here at around 5:00. It is 30 degrees so it may stay for a while. We have only a couple inches but it is still snowing, just lazily falling. MB

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  07:50:51 AM  Show Profile
Our snow arrived about 6:30. I woke up at 6 and stood on the front porch waiting!!! It's so pretty!

Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  08:21:03 AM  Show Profile
Yay for Kay. MB

Go to Top of Page

summerbreeze
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Laura
WA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  08:24:42 AM  Show Profile
I love mornings with snow on the ground. We started snowing around 10:00pm for about an hour then it stopped. No more snow today...yet. The powere keeps flickering but so far it has stayed on.
My dog loves it. It is such great fun to watch him romp in the snow.
Laura

You only live once,if you do it right once is enough.
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  08:33:19 AM  Show Profile
It was 72 on Monday here and for 15 minutes this morning the baby and I ran around in a snow squall! He was fascinated and kept jumping
up and down, and clapping his hands yelling "MOW!"(aka SNOW) I am glad I got some winter even if it only lasted 15 minutes!
Hope the rest of you that have been getting pounded with wind, snow , ice and frigid temps get a break soon. The rest of the country will be happy to take their share (as long as it doesn't last too long!) be well and safe everyone!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

wovenheart
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Dona
Washington State
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  09:07:30 AM  Show Profile
Just cold here, no snow to speak of---we will se what happens in the next couple of hours. Pretty teeny tiny 'blizzard' at least in my neck of the woods, if you ask me:)

"It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder...It's the stillness that fill me with peace."
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  09:14:43 AM  Show Profile
We have about 6-8" here with more forecasted. Looking out my window here everything is very monochromatic, but breathtakingly beautiful. I love how the snow makes looking into the forest more 3D. All the little birds including my little lone quail are scrambling about under the feeders looking for seed. As long as we keep our power it can do what it wants.
Go to Top of Page

sweetproserpina
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

meg
Vinemount Ontario
Canada
535 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  1:26:45 PM  Show Profile
Lots of snow here in the Valley too. The weatherman said it would stop around noon but it's still coming down. I bought all my groceries yesterday and stopped at the library for some good books so, let it snow!

What I love about the snow here - it's as if someone turned on a lightswitch. It's been so dark, and dull and rainy the past while, but the snow makes everything so light and pretty. So far the power has stayed on, but I bought some new candles yesterday just in case...

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world."
http://theprimroseway.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  3:42:35 PM  Show Profile
Well no snow, just some hail and rain. But it is getting colder so there maybe ice in the morning which will be really fun for the morning commute, ugh!

Anne

Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  4:02:46 PM  Show Profile
Well, we got snow this morning but down in the valley there was none. I t has been snowing now for about 2 hrs and we have 2 new inches. Dona do you have snow now? My daughter lives in Burlington and I just talked with her and she said it had been snowing for a couple of hrs. I wanted some snow and now I am questioning my wants. I figured we live just at the snow line because there is seldom any snow below us. Hmmmmm..... MB

Go to Top of Page

wovenheart
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Dona
Washington State
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  5:28:02 PM  Show Profile
It's definitely a winter wonderland in our neighborhood*<:) We live in South Mount Vernon/Conway and it has been snowing steady now since around 2ish! I can enjoy the beauty of it now because my dh & boys are off the roads! Burlington is slightly north of me, where are you located Mary Beth?

Go to Top of Page

wovenheart
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Dona
Washington State
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  5:33:55 PM  Show Profile
Okay, just answered my own question Mary Beth!!! Pretty easy since you provide your location in your little signature box thingy:) Yea! We're neighbors!!! Actually, I rent a little antique space with a friend of mine at an antique store in your little town!

Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  9:22:13 PM  Show Profile
Well, I was beginning to get a little frustrated with our weather guy. We were supposed to have snow this morning and all day it would flurry for 5 min. and then the sun would come out and melt it. My 8yr old had a snow day with no snow and he was pretty dissappointed. He said, "I just want to feel the snow falling on my head". So, about 3:30(The snow was to end completely by 4:00)it started snowing again. Christien and I were still in our pj's so I told him to hurry and get dressed before the snow stopped again and we would go feel the snow on our heads. By the time we got outside it was snowing so hard we could hardly keep our eyes open while we walked because of all the snow blowing into them. We had a ball walking down to the mailbox and laughed at each other because our eyelashes were full of snow flakes. When we have snow like that it's like a treasure here to have enough to go play in. We've had winters with no snow at all. It turned out to be a snow day after all!!

Love and Blessings,

Missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
http://18happyhens.blogspot.com
http://LamargueriteFarm.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  06:50:19 AM  Show Profile
We have a "powder sugar" dusting at home and here at work it is a light snow fall. Not as cold as they said it would be, in the 30's and no wind so not too bad. Tonight they say it will get down in the teens, again we will see.

I just wanted to see some big flakes, guess it really is not going to happen.

Dona - I just love the Mt. Vernon town and that whole Skagit Valley area - we always go through there on our way to the San Juans.

Anne in Portland

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Weather Report: Previous Topic Snow? Pictures Posted Now Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page