Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  07:06:59 AM  Show Profile
We got a bunch more snow overnight. It is still dark out. Sunrise isn't until 7:45 but there is a lot of white stuff out there.
Dona, what is the name of the store in Stanwood?
We live between Stanwood and Conway about 12 miles east up by Pilchuck tree farm and Pilchuck Glass. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  08:34:00 AM  Show Profile
WooHoo - it is finally snowing here, if I was home I would take a photo and post it. Big flakes, not sure how long it is going to last but it sure it pretty.

Anne in Portland.

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

primjillie
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Jill
Antelope CA
USA
138 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  09:27:00 AM  Show Profile
Missy ~ how long have you lived in Battleground and do you like it? My bestest friend lives there ~ if you go straight up the hill from downtown, she is up at the top and down a few streets (by the camel if you know where he is). We vist up there every summer and I love it! The weather is so much cooler than our Sacrament summers and everyone's gardens are so beautiful. We talk about moving up there when we retire so we can afford some property. Land is so much cheaper up there.
Go to Top of Page

wovenheart
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Dona
Washington State
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  09:37:33 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by asnedecor

We have a "powder sugar" dusting at home and here at work it is a light snow fall. Not as cold as they said it would be, in the 30's and no wind so not too bad. Tonight they say it will get down in the teens, again we will see.

I just wanted to see some big flakes, guess it really is not going to happen.

Dona - I just love the Mt. Vernon town and that whole Skagit Valley area - we always go through there on our way to the San Juans.

Morning Anne!
It is a pretty valley! Progress for lack of a better word is slowly changing the pristine beauty around here, at least in my opinion. I think all of us here in the NW are fortunate to have the beautiful San Juan Islands so close!

Anne in Portland

"It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder...It's the stillness that fill me with peace."
Go to Top of Page

wovenheart
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Dona
Washington State
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  09:46:37 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Marybeth

We got a bunch more snow overnight. It is still dark out. Sunrise isn't until 7:45 but there is a lot of white stuff out there.
Dona, what is the name of the store in Stanwood?
We live between Stanwood and Conway about 12 miles east up by Pilchuck tree farm and Pilchuck Glass. MB

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Morning Mary Beth!

I love your area, seems 'unspoiled', which is hard to come by around here anymore! I bet you're looking a winter wonderland right now! Enjoy!!!

I share a little spot in an antique store called Blessings To You -- it is downtown on the cobblestone end of town. Stay warm!

"It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder...It's the stillness that fill me with peace."
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  7:24:35 PM  Show Profile
Okay, got some good snow photos to share. DH took them around the house while I was at work so I could see how much we got compared to where my office is. Most of the snow is gone now.

Our cat George looking at the backyard from my office window

Our birdfeeder on the tool shed

Our bird pyramid trellis in the veggie garden

Looking at our house from the neighbor's boxwood hedge

Anne in Portland

Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  06:57:09 AM  Show Profile
Anne, what a neat house you have. So your snow is gone, huh. Ours is still here and not going anywhere. Temp is in the teens. I'd love to post a picture. I could try I guess. MB

Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  2:26:36 PM  Show Profile
MB -

Most of the snow is gone except in the shady areas. It snowed only for a couple of hours and then the sky cleared completely out and the sun came out and melted it quickly and then the temp dropped. It is about 30 out right now, it will get down in the low 20's upper teens tonight. Suppose to stay this way for the next few days.

Anne

Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2007 :  06:45:32 AM  Show Profile
Again we are having snow, suppose to last till around 11 am and then suppose to warm up. We have been in the low 20's upper teens at night for the last several days and the low 30's during the day. Today it says it suppose to get to 40. We'll see, right now it is 28 out and it is pretty, too bad it won't last.

Anne in Portland

Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2007 :  08:08:29 AM  Show Profile
We have so much snow here on the hill that I ALMOST am going to say "GO AWAY". We don't have snow like Colorado but it is a bit much for Western Washington. I guess we won't be getting out today. Our road is pure D ice and probably will remain that way for quite awhile. It is pouring snow right now and yesterday was sunny but quite cold and we went sledding down our hill and played out in it. Fun times.

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2007 :  10:30:55 AM  Show Profile
Woke up to snow this AM! It was a wonderful surprise. So far we have 4" and it's still snowing pretty hard. Here are some pictures.

The Rustic Cottage Etsy Shop http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
Picture A Day Blog http://rcpicaday.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

vintagechica
True Blue Farmgirl

438 Posts

Eren
Poolville TX
USA
438 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2007 :  11:50:18 AM  Show Profile
Oh I love all of the snow pics! And there must be something with kitties and windows, mine's been doing the same thing. Looking out the window trying to decide if he really wants to go out in it, LOL!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A sure way to avoid housework...live outdoors.

www.vintagechica.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2007 :  11:17:06 PM  Show Profile
We ended up with 6 inches of snow! It's really pretty but the roads are a mess. Looks like it's going to be slick for a while as we're having freezing temps at night for the next few days. Just glad I don't have to go out in it unless I choose to. Steph and I went outside and made snow angels this afternoon.

The Rustic Cottage Etsy Shop http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
Picture A Day Blog http://rcpicaday.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2007 :  07:01:12 AM  Show Profile
Here at work we had about 3" and at my house (a bit higher elevation) around 4+. Still all here, still cold, but will warm some and melt and then probably freeze. There might be some rain tonight and that could cause problems for tomorrow.

Anne in Portland

Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2007 :  07:18:38 AM  Show Profile
The snow pictures are great. Love seeing the kitties enjoying their new white view. Anyone have any more snow pictures to share?

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."
James Taylor

www.ragstoroses.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Weather Report: Previous Topic Snow? Pictures Posted Now Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page