Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  5:08:42 PM  Show Profile
It was down to 24 below..the lowest here in 16 years! Jeesh! When it is below 0 it is cold cold cold cold ..no matter how much further..haha
Okay..now to go out and milk Mona. It is about 0 again now at 6pm..brrrr.
I did feel better when I talked to my Uncle in Craig, Colorado today..it is even colder there.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  5:17:19 PM  Show Profile
Jenny - it was similar down here - so darn cold that I can hardly even stand the thought of going outside - I just want to ignore that I have to do it... (but, of course, I bundle up and "farmgirl-up" to it!) I hope your hands didn't freeze milking Mona dearest!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  6:37:26 PM  Show Profile
Just came in and sure appreciated the fire in the woodstove. My bucket of cold water that I use while milking to rinse the milking equipment before bringing the stuff back in the house was getting ice around the edges during the 1/2 hour in the barn!!! Jeesh!! I actually borrowed one of the kid's knit caps tonight. I NEVER wear caps!! So I am thinking if I knit a nice wool one with ear flaps for me..it will warm up about the time I get it done. Usually I just wrap my knitted scarf (which I always use in winter (thanks Clare!!) around my head to keep my ears warm. I am off to look for some wool yarn in my stash to knit a cap for ME. Brrrrrrrrrrr. Mona dosn't seem to notice the cold at all. I know she is laying in the barn more than usual though..her udder has been really clean..proof she is laying on the straw instead of the mud and much...which is sure easier for me!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  7:27:16 PM  Show Profile
It has finally stopped raining in Ohio tonight!! Yeah ; ) My Schnauzers were starting to look like "walking sponges" and I just groomed them right before Christmas. The ground is so soggy and the creeks are way over their banks. It's supposed to be in the 30-40's for the next few days and maybe a little snow. I don't care about snow anymore since I didn't get any for Christmas. Someone might as well just throw the switch and bring on SPRING!!

Tina

The dogs own the house but the people pay the mortgage!
www.kennelcreations.com
Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  8:31:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh my Gosh! it is so cold here. It is 9pm and it is already way below ZERO! ARGH! They say that this area hasnt had weather like this in about 20 years. I love the snow and think is is beautiful, but I am already ready for spring. I guess the good thing about where I am though is that the sun shines on most days. So at least its not cold and gray!
lilpunkin

Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  10:41:26 PM  Show Profile
OMG! Guess I won't complain about our 15 degrees for the last two mornings. That was cold enough. Haven't felt below zero weather since I left IL.

The Rustic Cottage Etsy Shop http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
Picture A Day Blog http://rcpicaday.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knewslady
True Blue Farmgirl

555 Posts

Kathy
Russellville KY
USA
555 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2007 :  04:08:06 AM  Show Profile
I cannot even begin to imagine those kind of temperatures. I admire you ladies, I don't know if I would have the gumption to even venture out the door.
Kathy

Will always be a farmgirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2007 :  05:21:07 AM  Show Profile
Jenny- You are the intrepid farmgirl! And thank goodness Mona has been accomodating you with clean udders to milk by staying in the barn. If she ventured outside too much, you might be milking ice cream!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2007 :  07:10:11 AM  Show Profile
I have had a problem with the milk in jars freezing in the fridge in the garage!! I think at this point it is mainly trying to keep the milk WARMER than the outside air..haha Last night I brought our milk for morning into the house instead of the milk fridge so I could use it right away!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic record lows here last night Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page