Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  8:29:58 PM  Show Profile
I've loved reading these. My favorite is the daily morning coffee also. Mine comes after 45 min. of exercise, getting children ready for school and on the bus, feeding the horses, and then enjoying a latte from my espresso machine while reading the bible. Psalms and Proverbs are a must. Quiet, reflective moments of being thankful are probably the best thing that I can do for myself and my family - makes me a better mom.
Ann
http://annforrester.tohe.com
Go to Top of Page

ashcordes
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Ashley
Roann IN
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  12:26:43 PM  Show Profile
My "me" time is riding my horse...great quiet prayer time too! Love it!
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  2:15:12 PM  Show Profile
I do hope you all will understand what I am about to tell you here. I live in a household where life is not about me at all. Okay. In other words, life is about everyone else. I'm expected to do certain things....most of which are not for my peace of mind at all. At any rate, having three adult children, a husband, and a 2 year old grandson living here leaves me little time or opportunity to use my brain. I do clean houses for very wealthy people and am highly appreciated in those homes. But, I had to get out of this house once in a while in the evenings if I was going to keep my sanity. SOoooo, in October of 2005 I got myself a job at ACMoore in the yarn department. Why yarn? Because I actually know what I'm talking about and I feel good after sitting on the floor for 30 minutes teaching someone how to cast on and knit a scarf. Some of the customers look me up on the three nights I work to ask me questions or ask my opinion about something. My opinion counts there! That's a great thing for me to know.....I actually can have an opinion that someone can use! I'm not complaining here....there's no money to buy special teas or coffees or bathoil. But what is so valuable to me is that I'm making a difference in other peoples lives who really want me to. They don't expect anything else out of me. They just want my opinion and my honesty. Now if that's not something to praise the Lord for, what is????!!!!! Susan
Go to Top of Page

sweetproserpina
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

meg
Vinemount Ontario
Canada
535 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  2:58:08 PM  Show Profile
Bubble baths. I once turned down renting a beautiful little apartment in an old Victorian house because there was no tub! Call me crazy but that is the thing I could not do without.

Books - really fluffy, cheesy, harlequinn-type romances. Sometimes my brain needs a vacation and these are the perfect thing.

If I'm really treating myself, I'll go down to the antique mall and rifle through the piles of old magazines to find an issue of Victoria to buy

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world."
http://theprimroseway.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

homemakerkate
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

Kate
Ewen Michigan
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2007 :  07:53:23 AM  Show Profile
I have been napping durring the day lately..the last two weeks or so. I am not sure this qualifies as "me" time. I would rather be doing something fun, something that inspires me. However I need the sleep too I think.
I do need to make some changes in my daily life. I havent been able to motivate myself to find prayer and meditation time. I also need to define for myself and others what I will accept in terms of a commitment to them. All too often I will accept a sewing job or accept a class to teach and then something that was supposed to be simple becomes complicated and very time consuming. There must be some Law of Magnatism involved as then these small committments draw more small committments.
Teaching a quilting class, grew to working the shop on occassion to having samples made on a deadline, to typing my class descriptions to finding myself being asked to donate time to Quilt Pink and the annual quilt show commitee.
Attending church grew to volunteering for readings, cleaning, cooking, and stepping in to help with the food pantry.
I think to some extent this happens to all of us. Everywhere I look there is so much charitable work to "get done" and so few hands to do the work. Often if we agree to one thing we find an entire platter handed to us.
Then something you did for fun or enjoyment grows into this big needy monster.
If I ever learn to, saying "no" more often will be something I do for myself.
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2007 :  08:35:46 AM  Show Profile
Victoria magazines are the best. I had a subscription for years and have saved all of the issues. What a way to be creatively inspired. I just wish that they were still being published!
Ann
http://annforrester.tohe.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What Do You Do Just For You? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page