Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 What kind of stove/range do you have?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What kind of stove/range do you have? Next Topic
Page: of 2

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  07:56:29 AM  Show Profile
I love reading about your stoves. I'm going to ask about your sink next. Let me start a new thread.

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."
James Taylor
www.ragstoroses.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Patsy
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Illinois
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  08:20:01 AM  Show Profile
Jonni,

It sounds like your stove is like mine. My grates are cast iron really heavy and I just put them on one of the oven racks. I don't know if you are supposed to, but I have done it a hundred times with no bad effects.

If you have never used the self clean before, just remember. If you have something stuck on, (we usually have cheese from pizzas) it will smoke at first while it is burning off all the crud. And I usually put a light coating of vegetable oil on the sides of my racks afterwards to make them slide easier.

Blessed are those who love the soil,

Patsy

Go to Top of Page

farmer miller
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

dennis
ST.JOSEPH MO.
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2007 :  6:50:37 PM  Show Profile
MT FIRST COOKING STOVE WAS A GREEN/CREAM 1932 DETROIT JEWEL WITH CONTOURED LEGS.NOW I HAVE A 1910 WOOD COOK STOVE,BLACK AND WHITE. I THINK I HAVE MOVE BACK A STEP IN MODERN PROGRESS.
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2007 :  8:36:53 PM  Show Profile
Right now I have a 2yr Amana electric flat top. Never again. We're burnt out the self-cleaning unit because we bake homemade pizza at 500' a few times a month.
Can't can on it. We use a heavy duty propane 2 burner camp stove outside.

Before I had a regular electric & a wonderful Monarch enameled yellow stove that I used to take the chill off, cook a turkey in the winter, but we didn't move it with us.

One day I hope to have a gas/propane commercial range 60", 2 ovens, 6 burners, 24" raised grill w/broiler under it. Of course I want to find it used, at a good price.
Dreaming of my ideal home.

Great topic.

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many & Herbalist
www.herbalmomma.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What kind of stove/range do you have? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page