Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Our latenight adventures in the ER
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Our latenight adventures in the ER Next Topic  

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  07:03:19 AM  Show Profile
so I was cleaning yesterday and around 3 my leg started to hurt something awful, so I stopped and sat with it up. my leg was all warm and tender to the touch....fast forward to 9pm, I call Rob in cause I'm dizzy and REAALLLLYY hurting and my side of my knee is red and purple. I was a little scared at this point because we have a family history of varicose veins clotting. We rush rush rush the 36 miles to the hospital and the DR pokes and prods me and I am IN PAIN (I would take childbirth over this-I swear it!) and he says, oh, it's nothing. Your calf is soft so you don't have a clot in a large vein, you just somehow burst a superficial vein in your leg. Oh boy.

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blogs: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
http://frugalwitch.wordpress.com

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  07:31:08 AM  Show Profile
How awful and scary! It sounds like you could have had a more caring DR. I am glad you didn't have a clot and I hope you are now out of pain. Take care, MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

peapodjane
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

127 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  07:50:50 AM  Show Profile
This is so weird, because I got out of the truck yesterday morning at about 5:45 a.m. and got a sharp pain in my calf, of course I thought of a clot also, well anyway, I had a lot of walking to do and I did and things hurt, but didn't get worse like yours did, I think I must have just gotten a strange little strain or something, better this morning! Maybe it was in sympathy with your leg! I am so glad you did not have a clot.
Take care of yourself.
peapodjane

Edited by - peapodjane on Jan 03 2007 07:52:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  07:56:09 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Tasha- what a scary night and painful too. I hope you are better today and can get up and around. Sending healing prayers to you!

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights

http://blissnblossomfarm.etsy.com
http://bethsblissnblossomfarm.blogspot.com

www.blissnblossomfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  08:31:14 AM  Show Profile
Tasha, How awful, I hope you're feeling better. Easy for the doctor to say it's nothing when he's on the other side of the pain. Take it easy.
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  08:34:44 AM  Show Profile
WOW, Tasha! So thankful for you that the doc was able to dismiss it so quickly. Hope this post finds you back to normal! Take care, Nance
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  09:05:38 AM  Show Profile
So glad to hear that it wasn't a clot. I'm sure it was very scary for you though. Best wishes

Blessings,

Missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
http://18happyhens.blogspot.com
http://LamargueriteFarm.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  09:58:59 AM  Show Profile
How scary! When doctors are so dismissive, it tends to make you feel like you overreacted. You made the smart choice. Your doc sounds like he needs some compassion training. :) Hope your better today.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  10:26:14 AM  Show Profile
Tasha- How scary for you. You know your body better than anyone so I am glad to hear it wasn't anything major. Don't hesitate if it starts to feel worse to seek help, it wouldn't be the first time an overworked ER doc made a wrong call. My son once had his arm cast three times because they kept reading the xrays wrong! Be careful and take it easy until you feel better. Only you can know when that is, rest easy and give yourself a break!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  10:30:34 AM  Show Profile
For heaven sakes Tasha, what are you going to think up next? Glad to hear it turned out ok, what a scare that must have been.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

momto6
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Valerie
Goltry OK
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  1:26:50 PM  Show Profile
Tasha, I'm glad you are o.k. But alot of pain, huh. Just a word from my area...dh is an EMT, so when we have an emergency, alot of times we just slip in and see whoever is on call when dh is working. The sad thing is, though, that on the occasion we have to use the ER, if dh is there (docs all know him) we get in and out within 15 minutes. If dh is not there (on a call or whatever), we get treated totally different. I know from experience that those nurses and doctors will sometimes make you wait until they are good and ready to see you, and then, unless you know someone who knows someone, you do get treated differently. Sad state of affairs, huh.

Val
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  1:36:02 PM  Show Profile
Feeling loads better aftert the day. I have sat the whole day away. good thing I got my cleaning done yesterday huh!?

Chicken to bake and veggies to grill though...OY! It just doesn't end.

I DO (thankfully) know what to be on the look out for-having been a runner for forever. A lot of people don't realize that when you have strong muscles, they work just like your heart does and if you mistreat them in the slightest way, you can have in you rmuscles sort of a heart attack....and then that leads straight to your actual heart. Muscles become organs when used how they are suppsoe to be used. I just cannot figure what caused it, since it is a superficial vein that burst. I didn't hit my leg on anything or do anything abnormal, so it must have just been stressed-like I said, family history and whatnot.

thanks for your well wishes....Nancy Jo you are right, what could POSSIBLY happen next!? LOL. I think I am just going to hole up at home for like a month?! LOL!

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blogs: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
http://frugalwitch.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

horse
True Blue Farmgirl

371 Posts

laura
pontotoc mississippi
USA
371 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  2:20:22 PM  Show Profile
I hope you are doing better and that goes for you to peapodjane.

Laura
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  4:37:22 PM  Show Profile
How scary for you. I am glad that it wasn't really serious. Do be careful.
It is a good thing you went and had it checked out as it could have been very serious. pinkroses
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  4:53:19 PM  Show Profile
Scary Tasha! So glad you are feeling better today!
Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

Sweet Harvest Homestead
True Blue Farmgirl

279 Posts

Lindy
Stanfield NC
USA
279 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  6:15:22 PM  Show Profile
Tasha,
I am so glad that you are okay girl!
Lindy

www.sweetharvesthomestead.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Our latenight adventures in the ER Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page