Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  9:45:37 PM  Show Profile
The winds have returned and personally I am getting tired of the wind. 4 huge Sycamores are at the SE corner of the house, right by my bedroom, and the wind ROARS right through them, being very noisy in the middle of the night. At the same time the rain is beating on the windows. At least the snow was quiet. whine whine..I guess there is a reason we are called the Evergreen state and I do have webs between my toes................I used to love the wind but enough already...... MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  12:45:52 PM  Show Profile
The weather channel says that winds today here in our valley are gusting to 60 mph. I feel like it's higher than that. Watching the trees in my yard is scary and a few minutes ago my big wind chimes were flying sideways. Maybe I'll retreat to the basement. Jeepers.

Humor is the prelude to faith and Laughter is the beginning of prayer. -- Reinhold Niebuhr

http://farmstyle.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

summerbreeze
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Laura
WA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2007 :  09:49:20 AM  Show Profile
I'm with you tired of the wind. We were hit very hard in my area. I'm off Woodinville Duvall Road, I'm sure you saw it on the news. We had to be literally cut out of our neighborhood.
Did you lose power? We were aout about 15 days from the storm. We lost power this last weekend but only for 6 hours. This is just the middle of January.....I'm sop tired of the rain. Looks like we will have snow this week.

Laura

You only live once,if you do it right once is enough.
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2007 :  10:17:26 AM  Show Profile
We were hit too, Laura. And i did see the Woodinville area on the news. We were not out of power as long as you were, only 5 days but also 6 hrs this last weekend. Today is fairly nice but only the lull before the next storm. January to me was always cild but sunny, maybe a little snow and then it froze and was clear out. Take care, MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic WIND Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page