Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  06:47:19 AM  Show Profile
I know we are known for our rain. I know Diane calls it the wet coast. But I am already tired of rain so far this year. I don't want to set records set. We have been having huge winds and pounding rain and out power has been out for (it seems) ever so long. It came back on about an hour ago. I missed my photo a day thing yesterday so now I will post two pics today. I will wait til its light out so I can take a picture of something. Thanks for listening to my rant, I am getting waterlogged. Splish-splash MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  09:06:50 AM  Show Profile
Marybeth -

I understand your pain, we have had a lot of rain this year. They said something about snow here in the valley maybe next week, that would be a nice change of pace. I keep telling myself that all this rain is good, my young trees are drinking it up so they will have nice growth through the spring and summer, all my perennials love this too, but I am already "itching" to go outside and do some winter clean up, trim up the flower beds etc, but I know it is way too soon. Just sitting here and looking out on the backyard I am making mental note, prune up a rose bush, get the jasmine under control, clean up all the dead plant stems, etc. Right now there is no rain, but the wind is picking up - I can see the tall fir trees of the near by church campgrounds/campus are doing the "hula".

Just remember when spring comes everything will be nice and green - hopefully not from mold.

Anne in Portland, OR

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh

Edited by - asnedecor on Jan 07 2007 09:07:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

horse
True Blue Farmgirl

371 Posts

laura
pontotoc mississippi
USA
371 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  09:14:23 AM  Show Profile
We are getting the rain that Lori had. Makes it a great adventure just to go out and feed.
Laura
www.2lmzfarms.blogspot.com

3 barrels,2 hearts,1 passion
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  09:54:59 AM  Show Profile
I wonder if there's a natural remedy for getting rid of moss on oneself!?! Marybeth and Anne, want to go to Hawaii or the Carribean to see what the sun looks like again?
How big is your waterfall this morning Marybeth? Niagara? Our little meandering creek is a raging river, over the banks and creating some lovely lakes and interesting sand bars! The wind has picked up here now and the rain is sheeting down.
Ho hum...good day to knit or quilt. Oh, and the forecast? Rain, rain and then snow by Wednesday and Thursday.

Di
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  09:57:47 AM  Show Profile
Ann, I know we are green and beautiful because of the rain and I do know spring is just around the corner and I do know everything looks sparkling and fresh because of the rain but.........
Laura, I was just outside and the horses looked up to the house and nickered to me "where's the food" so I guess it is time to brave the icy rain and go feed. I should of been out earlier. MB

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  10:14:50 AM  Show Profile
Mary Beth, I'm with you on this one. I was just telling a friend yesterday that I'm tired of the gray and rain. By January all I want to do is sit on the couch or curl up and sleep. It's come much earlier for me this year for some reason.

I just try to keep the blinds pulled up to let in natural light. I also get excited about my seed catalogs -- anything to take my mind off the dull weather.

I love living here because it's a gardener's paradise and the summer's are fabulous. When my youngest is out of school I'm out of here for a more sunny climate! Don't even care if it's a snowy one as long as there is sun in the winter.

The Rustic Cottage Etsy Shop http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
http://nwfarmerette.blogspot.com http://rcpicaday.blogspot.com

She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands -Proverbs 31:13
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  10:22:38 AM  Show Profile
Also raining in Ga! I ventured outside yesterday and oops! It was a mess...

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."
James Taylor
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  10:32:49 AM  Show Profile
Yes, Rebekah! That is exactly what Georgia looks like right now! And more rain and wind and maybe tornados this afternoon. Blecch!!! At least we are on the early schedule for church this year, so we are home now and can just hunker down. Sounds like a good time to grab a good book, make some hot chocolate and disappear into the day. :) Stay dry everyone!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  10:44:07 AM  Show Profile
So, Diane, when are you ready to leave? I got my bags packed. I bet your creek (river) is a raging torrent. I just came in from feeding the horses. I didn't want to but they are out there so I did and they were so happy. I saw some hot fence wire out in the pasture so I went and got it and walked the pasture and found another tree down at the corner of the fence and the back fence is wobbling in the wind. Wah..... Diane when are we going to the warm sun?????? MB

Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  11:16:59 AM  Show Profile
I'm typing as fast as I can, while I can! We just got our power back on...only an hour this time, but better than four days. The wind is howling here and we have horizontal rain!

I'm ready to go anytime...heck right now I'd even leave in my jammies!

My youngest just booked a last minute flight to Varadero, Cuba. She's been before and loved it and says she's out of here. Oh to be young and without responsibilities and commitments again!

Di

Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic RAIN,RAIN,RAIN Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page