Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  11:11:03 AM  Show Profile
Wow! What a mail day! Happy Dance time!! Hehe!
I received beautiful cards from: Bramble(yum), Anne(Snedecor), Sheryl-lyn, and Jennifer Juniper. They are just all so precious!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  11:36:18 AM  Show Profile
By the ways girls, for those of you making card garlands; how do you do it?

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  11:46:16 AM  Show Profile
I'd like to know that too!! Thanks go out to Julie today for the sweet valentine, it was the best of the mail!!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
www.photo-per-day.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  11:47:08 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I have a garland that is a Valentine theme ( it is actually Christmas red and white O shapes and silver looking beads between but it looks more Valentine's to me. When I get a new card a pass a string through one of the O shapes and loop it around the card. This garland hangs in a long door way so it swags a few times. I have no idea how other people are doing it.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
my web stores www.sunshines.etsy.com and http://vintagethreads.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  12:20:03 PM  Show Profile
Sue I am glad you got it. I was starting to wonder as no one has mentioned getting one of mine. I wonder where they all are!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  12:37:50 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I got four today One from Marybeth made another lovely attack of my husbands office and a cute surprise inside.. One from sewgirlie, summerbreese arrived, and I also got one from willowtreecreek. Starting to fill in the garland. I also got one from my baby bug she felt left out not having anything on the garland. So she went through her cards that she received at the barter party and found one in the right colors. She can't read but he colors where right so that was good to her and me. It actually reads happy mothers day on it all the same to me It was a happy mother's day when she gave it to me. Just made me smile from ear to ear.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  1:00:14 PM  Show Profile
sure hope you all are getting the one's I sent out.if not they've been floating around in mail land for about a week now.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  2:10:44 PM  Show Profile
Sunshine that is too cute!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  2:11:54 PM  Show Profile
Tina Michelle, I got your Valentine today! It is so cute! I am going to do a Valentine garland too, over my kitchen entryway Yours is the first one up!

Edited by - JenniferJuniper on Jan 31 2007 2:12:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  2:58:47 PM  Show Profile
I am so overwhelmed.. I got 11 Valentines today...I was having a bad day health wise and they really made me feel better. I have been making mine and hoping to get them out asap... You all may get them for July 4th, but my heart is really trying to get them together...

Thank you all for them, Its wonderful to get mail when you are not up to par,..

NewHeart

Love of friends and family makes the world go round..and always a little Chocolate.

margie

Edited by - newheart on Jan 31 2007 3:06:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  5:22:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi! I got mail from Bramble (Sweets too!) and a lovely card from Willowtreecreek! Thank you. Worked a 13 1/2 hour day today, so how nice to get the happy mail!

Sheryl-lyn
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  06:38:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the valentines Sunshine, Tina Michelle, Nancy Jo and Sandy! The mean machines at the post office tried in vain to eat Sunshine and Nancy Jo's, but both of those beautiful cards are intact and cheering up my office space as I write! And thanks to everybody for this fun experience! I've never made my own valentines(haven't sent any since the dark ages) - my mom always bought the boxed ones in the dime store for me to exchange in school. This has been REALLY fun! :) Oh, and you're all going to laugh when you see my envelopes(I mailed them all out this morning) - after seeing how badly the post office mauled stuff, I went to an office supply store and bought little bubble envelopes....lol

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

momto6
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Valerie
Goltry OK
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  06:41:05 AM  Show Profile
Hello everyone, and thank each of you for the valentines. They are all so pretty and unique; I feel like I'm getting to know each one of you a little better! They are hanging on the wall over my sewing table in a little collage. Val
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  11:02:23 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Lindy and Summerbreeze for beautiful Farmgirl wishes today!

Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  11:18:52 AM  Show Profile
got some more pretties today! thanks to Sheryl-lyn, Laura, and Erin. I'm doing the happy dance! Real mail and pretty mail at that!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  12:21:16 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
i go three today from luzy, bramble, and sweetharvesthomested. All very different and all beautiful one had candy mmmmmm

Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  3:00:14 PM  Show Profile
I started out with a red bead garland , then had a "brainstorm" ! I just twisted some jute together and tied knots every so often. Over the knots I tied little scraps of purple or red or pink fabric like I was tying a ribbon on a braid. The valentines are hanging inbetween and it looks cute ! I just am loving what the mail is bringing, makes me go to the post office more often. Tomorrow's the day, we shall see what treasure's await! Thanks everyone!

with a happy heart

Edited by - bramble on Feb 05 2007 9:36:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  3:04:36 PM  Show Profile
Got Valentines today from Laura, Luanne, Mary Beth and Sharon & Amanda. The cards are just so pretty, I love seeing all the creativity the farmgirls have. I've sent out my first 24 and hopefully I'll get the rest in the mail tomorrow. I've sent an extra card along with each that only a true farmgirl will appreciate. You'll know what I mean when you see it.
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  3:09:40 PM  Show Profile
Yesterday I got 10 cards in the mail. It was great, all so cute. It is amazing to see that some of us have the same materials, but we each use them in a unique and creative way to make the cards. They are all so nice.

Thanks again.

Anne in Portland

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  3:12:41 PM  Show Profile
I got cards from Laura, Lindy, Luzy,MaryBeth today. Great cards and happy smiles.

Love,
Sheryl-lyn
Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  3:30:49 PM  Show Profile
What a bonanza in the mailbox today - six valentines! They are all colorful, creative, and true gifts of the heart. Thank you girls, for the time spent making these little treasures!

I'm heading south for the winter. Some parts of my body already have a head start!
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  04:31:51 AM  Show Profile
I got 7 yesterday, much thanks go out to Lindy, Laura, MaryBeth,Sheryl-lyn,Erin, Luzy, and B.Schultz!!! I'm so impressed with the creative ideas you girls have come up with! This is better than Christmas!! Bramble, love your idea, gotta see a picture!!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
www.photo-per-day.blogspot.com

Edited by - junebug on Feb 02 2007 04:32:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  04:48:03 AM  Show Profile
I sent half earlier in the week, and all the rest will go out today! Girls this is so much fun!

Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  06:49:56 AM  Show Profile
It is so much fun to head out to the mail box these days. So much more than bills and advertising. Thanks all. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  12:33:56 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful mail day! Beautiful cards from beautiful women! today was mail day from Jan P (owwlady)
, Julie (willowtreecreek), Suzyhomemaker, Bluewren and Luzy!
gosh they are just all so sweet girls!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Holidays: Previous Topic Old fashioned Valentine exchange Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page