DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  12:17:38 AM  Show Profile
LOL Shirley...well what are you waiting for girl?? Spring is right around the corner...okay maybe not that close, but soon...real soon!!

Di - thinking of planting rice this season :)
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  11:00:27 AM  Show Profile
Diane, maybe if you DO plant rice the storms will stop I bought my tea olive from Logee's-- a small plant, but it just took off. I keep the plants as far as possible from the woodstove and have plastic saucers under several which have water for humidity. The tea olive gets NO pampering... although I do dilute leftover coffee and feed all the plants occasionally with that. I use "high-test" for the plants :>) They go outside in the spring except for the lemon if it has fruit--grasshoppers have always destroyed the fruit outside.

XO,
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

CountryGirl85
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Laura
Oswego IL
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  9:13:46 PM  Show Profile  Send CountryGirl85 an AOL message  Send CountryGirl85 a Yahoo! Message
Oh goodness, I can't wait for Spring! Even though it's been unseasonably warm so far this winter, I'm still ready for more sunshine, warmth, and green! Unfortunately, I don't have much room for gardening. My boyfriend's mom does most of the work, but I really want to help out more this year. And there's PLENTY to do at my parents' house! I was a girl scout camp counselor the past two summers at a resident camp and only had Friday night to Sunday morning off; and I spent most of the weekends with my boyfriend. With both my parents working full time over the summer (my mom usually works part time) and me gone, the garden turned into a jungle! I'm skipping camp this summer in hopes of finding a more permanent job A.S.A.P., so I'll have more time to garden! Yay! I just love your greenhouses Diane! I can't wait to get my own house and yard, or land if I'm lucky, so I can turn it into the garden of my dreams! I tried starting seeds in my kitchen last spring, but the cats walked all over my pots! I'd love to have a greenhouse! I can't wait to smell that tomato plant smell again! Tomatoes are my favorite vegetable, well, fruit really, but you know what I mean! Ooo, I'm so excited (just in case you couldn't tell by my excessive use of the exclamation point!!!) Sweet Spring dreams to all of you!

Much love,
Laura

http://thecraftycatgirl.blogspot.com
"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart." Anne Frank
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Garden Gate: Previous Topic Greenhouse? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page