Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Seed company??? Next Topic  

gregs_lil_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

219 Posts

birdi
hartford me
USA
219 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  4:12:37 PM  Show Profile  Send gregs_lil_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hi Girls, Anyone ever buy trees from Woodstock Nursery www.wallace-woodstock.com or Burnt Ridge Nursery or Miller Nurseries?
Was just wondering if anyone has had good luck with any of these. We are looking for some older varieties for our orchard and are preferably semi-dwarf trees. Any thoughts? Any of you have favorite companies that you are loyal to? Thanks for your thoughts.

Birdi

-Simple pleasures make my heart smile-

vintagechica
True Blue Farmgirl

438 Posts

Eren
Poolville TX
USA
438 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  6:50:48 PM  Show Profile
Baker's Heirloom Seeds...love, love them.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A sure way to avoid housework...live outdoors.

www.vintagechica.typepad.com

Edited by - vintagechica on Jan 04 2007 6:51:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  9:37:10 PM  Show Profile
We ordered our orchard trees, about 17 of them, from Stark Brothers. We've had pretty good luck with the trees, but not enough experience really to give a full-fledged recommendation. You might check them out, however...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2007 :  06:02:31 AM  Show Profile
I used Burnt Ridge Nurseries last year to order those plum trees MaryJane writes about in her book. MaryJane references that nursery in her book. I must say, they did provide excellent service. The trees were in great shape even though they had shipped so far and even though our delivery man has a habit of throwing packages over our fence. I later took the trees to our farm in NC and they weathered that ride as well. The plants took to their new home beautifully, even with less than ideal water conditions last year. I only ordered two trees because I wasn't exactly where to place the trees at the time of order. But, I'll definitely use Burnt Ridge again this year for more. You see, I dream of having a "Plum Pit" just like MaryJane's....(See page 179 of MaryJane's LifeBook.)

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."
James Taylor
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Seed company??? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page