Page: of 3

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  02:52:24 AM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
I think it comes down to personal decision whether you want it or not. There is alot of info to wade thru to make that decision. My problem lies with the government making laws that we HAVE to take that vaccine or any other.

Blessings....
Sarah

Something I borrowed...
"In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations." -From The Great Law Of The Iroquois Confederacy.

Go to Top of Page

Carolinagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

486 Posts

Kim
Rutherfordton NC
USA
486 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  04:32:19 AM  Show Profile
Bowing out also. The only reason I was in this discussion was the original post asking THOSE WITH HPV to share their stories. I got tangled up in the discussion about personal reasons to get or not get the vaccine related to HPV. I'm sure everyone here can research on the internet and find out what they want to know, or better yet, talk with a physician and draw some conclusion of their own.

Kim in NC
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  08:07:59 AM  Show Profile
Girls, girls, let’s be farmgirls--patient, considerate, polite, caring, big-hearted, broad-minded, and open to the opinions of others but mostly, let’s not get testy. Beliefs are beliefs, and we're not likely to change anyone else's - only our own. What’s more important than digging in our heels is figuring out how to honor every shape, and every size of belief, big and small. We all have the right to our own beliefs. And since beliefs are formed from a million different life experiences, experienced by a billion (or more!) different individuals, the likelihood of disagreement is enormous. Positive change is all about finding commonality instead.

I love our discussions. But only you can choose to let another person’s opinion be a threat. I like to think of them instead as an opportunity to experience the wonderful diversity that life on earth offers us farmgirls of every stripe and every color!

I am posting this on two different threads that are especially heated, so if you read it twice, you're not "seeing things!"

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

primjillie
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Jill
Antelope CA
USA
138 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  09:30:31 AM  Show Profile
I don't have HPV, but I am very glad everyone has posted on this thread, since I have learned a lot. I am in favor of some vax, but not all. I just don't think this one has been out long enough to judge it yet. I am also not in favor of making it manditory. I worry with all the vaxes coming out, it creates a false sense of security and many people won't take of themselves, thinking a vax will prevent bad health. I think people need to focus on their health more and what they can do to prevent some of these health problems without resorting to a vax. I hope everyone continues to offer their knowledge on HPV so we can all learn more.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  10:56:11 AM  Show Profile
I think what Libbie said is very wise. I have sure been reluctant to post on this thread...for fear of others being testy. Sort of ruins my mood to read some of the posts on this one. There has been good info on both sides but gosh..

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

KarenP
True Blue Farmgirl

666 Posts

Karen
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
USA
666 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  5:59:46 PM  Show Profile
Girls,
I feel it's great we in this great country can agree to disagree about anything!
Everyone has their opinion, on this, But I must agree with Sarah (MustangSuzie)"My problem lies with the government making laws that we HAVE to take that vaccine or any other.",this is what I don't like.
I worry about things like Thalidomide...
"Thalidomide (tha-lid-o-mide) was first marketed in Europe in the late 1950's. It was used as a sleeping pill and to treat morning sickness during pregnancy. At that time no one knew thalidomide caused birth defects."
What could come up down the road for these girls?
We don't know.
Just my 2 cents
KarenP

"Purest Spring Water in the World"
Go to Top of Page

jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
the mountainside of the Chugach in Alaska
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2007 :  08:39:57 AM  Show Profile
Girls, my sister almost died from cervical cancer when she was 28 and married to only ONE man, she got HPV from him. Sorry, I have to disagree with you all, if she'd had the vaccine, she wouldn't have probably had a hysterectomy by the age of thirty with no possibility of children. We probably should keep an open mind about this. Isn't protecting the health and well being of our children worth being open minded and knowing as much as we can before passing judgement..... An open mind allows extra information to pass in, a closed mind is just that, closed. jo

"life is drab without a lab"
http://homepage.mac.com/thomja/Anchorage/PhotoAlbum15.html
Go to Top of Page

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2007 :  10:09:47 AM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
That brings up something I have been thinking about. It seems like men are passing this around as well. What is being done for them?

Blessings....
Sarah

Something I borrowed...
"In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations." -From The Great Law Of The Iroquois Confederacy.

Go to Top of Page

primjillie
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Jill
Antelope CA
USA
138 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2007 :  11:43:29 AM  Show Profile
I'm sorry for your sister, Jo. I think what most people who disagree with the vax are saying is that they wouldn't get it or have their daughters get it, but they are leaving it open to other people. I disagree with the vax until I see more info, but if someone else wants to get it, that is their right and I would support that. We each have to make our own decision when it comes to our bodies. My main objection is to making it manditory.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic HPV Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page