Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2005 :  5:54:54 PM  Show Profile
My sister has a neck problem from an old car accident injury (20 years ago!!) that she goes regularly to a chiropractor for (I have never gone to one either) and now found out that she has bone spurs and stuff too and that is causing her alot of pain..she has been tested for Carpal tunnel and didn't have it! She was shocked..thought sure that was it. So your neck could be the possible problem too.

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2005 :  08:32:49 AM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
I've been tested for carpal tunnel was was told I do have it - but ever since I started going to a chriopractor for my back problems - my wrists have been fine! My hands haven't been falling asleep at night and I am nearly painless all day.
I've struggled with wrist pain since I was a child and fell hard forward, catching myself with my hands. With all the hard physical work I do, they just kept getting worse but this is the best they have been in years.
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  07:48:56 AM  Show Profile
I have carpal tunnel in both wrists. I had surgery a couple of years ago on my right and havent had much of a problem since. I held off on the left and just wear the brace at night~~ but still have to keep it on a pillow and even then it falls asleep and wakes me up a couple times a night.
I have heard of some people that have had surgery on both wrist at the same time~! I cant imagine how one would function after surgery. Even with one at a time~~ you are so limited on what you can do till it heals.
Jan
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  11:01:00 AM  Show Profile
I am glad to know that since my doctor has said that it is up to me whether I did both or just one at a time...IF I do it...so I am glad to hear someone who has had it done. MY left is worse than the right (waitressing you hold more plates longer with your left hand and I did that for many years) and so I guess I would have it done first. IF...

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  12:49:19 PM  Show Profile
Yes Jenny, I really would advise one at a time~~ I mean , even getting dressed with one hand especially pullng up pants etc is quite a task (..bathroom...)~~Be sure to follow doctors orders for healing-I came back to work too soon and had some problems....But besides that~~it worked pretty good. My left hand is getting a little worse, but I will probably put off the surgery as long as I can~~
Jan
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic carpal tunnel Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page