Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Floral Fabric 10" Square swap SIGNUPS CLOSED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Floral Fabric 10" Square swap SIGNUPS CLOSED Next Topic
Page: of 12

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  10:50:35 AM  Show Profile
More fabric today from Bev. Thank You! So far I have fabric from 15 ladies. All these fabrics will go so great together! Hope I can fit in time this summer to work on a new quilt.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7485 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7485 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  9:01:23 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I can't wait to see all the fabrics that came while I was gone. I will be picking up the Mail first thing Tuesday morning. LOL!

So happy everyone likes these swaps.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  9:09:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I am sorry you have to wait sooooo long. They are beautiful. Hadlee pressed mine. I can hardly wait to stitch them up.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

saram
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

Sara
Biggs CA
USA
521 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  06:19:45 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn, I'm guessing Hadlee is your granddaughter? I can't wait til my granddaughter is old enough to press fabric squares with me!

And Doris, I'm imagining you at the far end of a very long road in the middle of God's country!
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  07:09:42 AM  Show Profile
Yes Sara, Hadlee is my younger granddaughter. She is 15. She opens almost all of my farm girl mail. It has been a bright spot in her days, as well as mine. She was diagnosed with a craniopharyngioma brain tumor in 2013. She did not look sickly, just tiny. She was the size of a third grader. She threw up almost all foods she ate. Her mother would not take her to the doctor, until her left eye began to droop. Thank goodness God had all the right people in place to help Him do what had to be done to save her life and the good quality of her life. A ten hour surgery and six weeks of daily proton beam radiation treatments have allowed her to live a pretty normal life. She now takes thyroid meds and growth hormone. I think the doctors will add the harmones that will begin her monthly cycles, in June. She has been home schooling this year, and is set to enter beauty school in September, as a high school student. When she finishes beauty school she will also receive her high school diploma. So that is why she is here when the mail comes. We live on the same farm. So that is my Hadlee, bubbly, HAPPY, active kid. She waters horses and cows, scrubs out water troughs, and is raising a baby calf on a bottle. God is so good, awesome!!!!

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7485 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7485 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  09:44:07 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Brenda - Definitely another in the forecast. Now that I am back from vacation I will start another in a day or two. I have dentist appointment to get a new cap (YUCK! Hate that gunk in the mouth!) on Tuesday morning.

How would everyone feel about "farmgirl" fabrics? Could include fruits, veggies, farm-themed of some sort, animals, aprons, etc. Would make a nice farmgirl quilt.

Remember, when you make something with these 10" square swap fabrics, be sure to share it in the Stitching & Crafting room on the thread I set up for showing our 10" square projects. You could use our 10" squares to make a HUGE hidden 9-patch design quilt. LOL! Be quick, yet different. Hmmmmmmmm - may have to try that.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  10:42:16 AM  Show Profile
Linda,
I think thats a good idea.

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  10:59:12 AM  Show Profile
I like the farm girl fabric idea. I'm finding some of our swaps cross lines, so I'm rearranging fabric for a future quilt.

Looking forward to a Christmas fabric quilt some time.

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7485 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7485 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  12:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Mary-
Our very first 10" fabric swap was for 1 square patriotic and 1 square Christmas last July. We also did a Christmas squares swap last year. I can easily do another one closer to Christmas.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7485 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7485 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  12:56:22 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I have posted the new swap - please join in!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  4:23:05 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn, thank God Hadlee has been saved and is doing so well. What a blessing for you as well!

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Friends are sisters we choose with our heart.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  6:06:51 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Marti. That is true.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  9:26:04 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Marilyn,
God's hand was on sweet Hadlee. Beautiful name by the way. Praise God for healing your precious gd. He has a plan for her. Does Hadlee sew? She can come and iron my fabric if she wants!

Linda,
Great farmgirl theme. I love it. I was just thinking about the swaps today as I was cutting some squares from my stash pieces. So many ideas to choose.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  9:37:46 PM  Show Profile
Hadlee does sew a bit. When we were doing 4-H summer camps, I bought machines for both Hadlee andi her older sister Baylee. I am going to try my best to get Hadlee to sew some quilt squares together to get her interested once again. The first project they ever did was a rag, flannel throw, using up my flannel scrap stash. Boy was that a wild one. I had to sit beside each of them so the seams were not two inches wide everywhere. We had a lot of laughs and the seams did not show anyway.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  9:45:48 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
That's great. I can't believe how many women don't know how to sew a button on or hem something. Keep her interested and one day she will have a fabric stash like the rest of us!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

Liscuva
True Blue Farmgirl

289 Posts

Lisa
West Seneca NY
USA
289 Posts

Posted - May 30 2016 :  04:22:34 AM  Show Profile
I tried to teach my youngest who is now 28 how to sew when she was younger, talk about laughs. She seemed to think you put fabric in under needle and it came out the back a finished product...lol!
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 30 2016 :  04:32:32 AM  Show Profile
That stash thing is funny, she is already working on that with fat quarters, half yard cuts, and now ten inch squares. She also goes through my charm packs, choosing her favorites.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 30 2016 :  06:37:04 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Lisa,
That's hilarious. Would be nice though! All our quilts would be done in a flash. LOL!

Marilyn,
Move over gram, there's a new kid on the block! That's wonderful that she is involved on the farm. You will have your own stylist too!
Have a blessed Memorial Day everyone.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - May 30 2016 :  2:44:53 PM  Show Profile
I've been off the grid for awhile,but wanted to thank everyone for all the beautiful flower fabrics! Amazing and beautiful, it's like looking at a garden!

Hugs and Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - May 30 2016 :  7:08:10 PM  Show Profile
I have received some squares without a return address so I'm not sure who they are from, but the fabrics are all so lovely. I mailed mine on Firday so you should all be getting them soon.

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

Christy925
True Blue Farmgirl

476 Posts

Christy
Midland Michigan
USA
476 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  02:57:49 AM  Show Profile
Denise, If the envelope was postmarked Michigan they are mine. I forgot my return address. Sorry :)
quote:
Originally posted by Denise Ann

I have received some squares without a return address so I'm not sure who they are from, but the fabrics are all so lovely. I mailed mine on Firday so you should all be getting them soon.

Denise Ann

Farmgirl Sister #2315
http://www.etsy.com/shop/WildThymeCreations?ref=pr_shop
https://www.flickr.com/photos/marketwoman45/albums
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7485 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7485 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  08:54:42 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Grrrrrrrrrrr - I have typed this THREE TIMES and somehow deleted it before I sent it. Here I go again.

I hit the motherlode when I picked up my vacation mail. I got envelopes from 14 people - no names from NY and MI (Lisa and Christy?), Marilyn, Maryellen, Marti, Amy, Beverley, Doris, Bev, Brenda, Darlene, Mary, Rebecca, and Sara M. I will probably get a few more in today's mail. These are great florals. Thank you everyone.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7485 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7485 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  08:55:52 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Don't ya just love getting squishy envelopes in the mail?

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Liscuva
True Blue Farmgirl

289 Posts

Lisa
West Seneca NY
USA
289 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  10:02:58 AM  Show Profile
The NY ones are probably mine, noticed when I was at post office some of my return labels weren't sticking very well. Will def get rid of those now...lol.
Go to Top of Page

Liscuva
True Blue Farmgirl

289 Posts

Lisa
West Seneca NY
USA
289 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  11:15:49 AM  Show Profile
I rec'd envelopes from Denise, Bev and Judith today...beautiful girls!Only three more envelopes to go:)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Floral Fabric 10" Square swap SIGNUPS CLOSED Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page