Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Floral Fabric 10" Square swap SIGNUPS CLOSED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Floral Fabric 10" Square swap SIGNUPS CLOSED Next Topic
Page: of 12

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  12:06:43 PM  Show Profile
My fabrics today came from Judith and Denise, so pretty. Thanks ladies.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  12:13:32 PM  Show Profile
It is raining, it is pouring, it was as dark as dusk at 1:30 pm. The park is closed, in preparation for the expected flooding. Gravel roads are coming apart more with each new rainy spell. This is supposed to continue all night long. (It is 2:10pm.) Oh well, I have a lot of beautiful flowers to cut and stitch and play with.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7485 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7485 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  2:20:15 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I got fabrics from Judith and Denise today. WOO HOO! I love squishies!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7485 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7485 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  2:21:37 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Me, too, Marilyn. We haven't gotten the rain - yet. But I think it is coming. The thunder and lightning are here and every once in a while we get huge rain drops.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  4:30:45 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I hope you are safe. We got three inches in the first 30-40 minutes. Then a couple more as the afternoon went on. Baylee and her mom could not come home, we could not leave. Water was over the gravel road, the five foot culvert could not take the water away fast enough. They got here about fifteen minutes ago. Town was cut off because roads went under water. Morgan Mill, 12 miles north had to have evacuations. It is crazy. New warnings just came through.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  4:57:33 PM  Show Profile
Oh, FarmGirls, I am so sorry to hear of your flooding! Scary times.

I received beautiful fabrics from Denise today! Thank you!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  6:01:59 PM  Show Profile
Judith, on my one trip up to Wisconsin about 18 years ago, as we drove through Iowa, I was amazed at how many farms were flooded, with the farm house and barns each sitting on a tiny island. Big rains had been through there. I guess it happens everywhere from time to time. They are calling this a 100 year flood. We get a new warning about every 15 minutes. We have a real flood warning and two river flood warnings until Thursday morning, at this time.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  7:32:28 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
My Texas sisters I am praying you will all be safe and no damage to your homes. Someone from church just posted on our prayer chain to pray for the floods in Texas. We got you covered.

Nice flowers came from Judith and Denise. Thank you.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

saram
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

Sara
Biggs CA
USA
521 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  8:11:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh my! I was feeling sorry for my out-of-doors having to deal with 100 degree heat. Now I see that is something that can be dealt with. My prayers go out to all in the path of the storms.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  8:19:52 PM  Show Profile
Sara this is unusual for us to be so cool and rainy. I thought your temps were more moderate.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

saram
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

Sara
Biggs CA
USA
521 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  8:21:51 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn, thank you so much for sharing that personal story about your granddaughter. I can't tell you the many ways in which it touched me, and gave me more of a feeling of knowing you.
My daughter is just finishing her first year employed at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, where she is a pediatric oncology RN. I hear so many stories from her of so many beautiful children, much like your Hadlee, but we never hear the after-story, the happy ending. It completely warms my heart to think of the loving, wholesome life you are able to provide for her on the farm, and the extended family helping to support her and her parents through trying times.
Yes, praise God, especially for doctors and advancements in these areas of medicine!
I would suggest that Hadlee had many people praying for her, and that those were prayers well-heard. Surely God hears you today as well, in the face of flooding storms.

Be well.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  8:38:27 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn, you are correct. I believe 1998 and 2008 were very bad flood years for Iowa. You probably came up to WI through Des Moines, IA. I believe it was around 1998 when we had a lot of flooding of Des Moines and farmlands. We had a lot of tornadoes that year preceded and followed by wet weather. The ground was so saturated before the tornadoes that the rain afterward had no where to go. DH and I both worked for the State and, I do remember our gov't offices in downtown Des Moines were flooded. 2008 was bad for Iowa too. My beloved old "Czeck Town" in Cedar Rapids, IA was under water. I'm praying for everyone down your way too!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  10:10:01 PM  Show Profile
Sara I am glad to hear about your daughters career choice. Those Oncology nurses are the best. Hadlee was so well cared for and loved. But I must tell you about my Oncology nurse...her name is Buffy. She loves Wonder Woman, always has since she was a child. At Halloween she dresses in her costume to the delight of all the patients. Of course she is younger, mid thirties, but we enjoy her. I only go once a year now in Dec. But I smile when I think of her.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2016 :  04:11:19 AM  Show Profile
I'm praying for everyone struggling with the floods in Texas. Stop the rain and bring on the rainbows!

Hugs and Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2016 :  05:52:46 AM  Show Profile
Sara, God Bless your daughter. It takes a special kind of strength to do what she does. Specialty care takes strength, soul and heart.

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Friends are sisters we choose with our heart.
Go to Top of Page

catotn
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Sara
Dover TN
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2016 :  08:39:06 AM  Show Profile
Ladies thank you for all the pretty fabric. I am seeing a Farmgirl quilt in my future. I am sorry to say I was late getting my fabric out. I have had a house of sick little ones and the biggest baby of all a sick husband. I got them out so they are on the way. Again I am sorry about being late.

Sara Bell

Farmgirl Sister #6881
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2016 :  08:45:19 AM  Show Profile
Sara Bell it is ok. We all have glitches now and again. I hope your family is all on the mend now. God bless you.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2016 :  1:42:07 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Marti, Judith, & Denise. Your squares are delightful and will go well with the rest of the fabrics received so far. If I done my homework, I think I have received all but three. That is AWESOME!!

Looking over our swap, I can see that one of my choices is going to stand out like a sore thumb! Actually, for that matter, my other square is not a pastel either so it will probably be one of darkest colors in this go-round. What fun it'll be to incorporate all these into a project. No matter how it turns out, its going to be one of my favorites because it was my first fabric swap.

Hope you all are doing well. Our household is about like everyone elses'. . . rains, flooding, sick folks, and just a little unsettled. But I will still count my blessings and not dwell on the hardships. Even though we have our struggles, I know without a doubt that we are lucky and there are people in far worse condition than ourselves. God bless us all!!

((HUGS to all!))

SouthForty, MJFG#3794

~*~ You can put your boots in the oven but that don't make 'em biscuits! ~*~
Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2016 :  2:27:14 PM  Show Profile
Hey, all! Catching up on reading all the posts. I am getting ready to mail out part of my swap. I had enough fabric for 12. Was not expecting the large number, but this one is going to be fun to piece. With all the flooding and rain, I haven't been able to get back to the "big" town to get more fabric. I will get the remaining fabric mailed as soon as I can. The highway [HWY 59] was shut down due to flooding in both directions with all the traffic rerouted down our road. Lots of flooding. I feel for all those who have water in their homes and those who have to evacuate. We had a goat show we had planned to go to and on the day of leaving it poured down. So we waited for it to slow down. It did, so we left after checking road conditions. We had to go through some water one time. Very little on the road. On the way back at a different location, water was over an intersection that was not before. We got through, got home and I am sure that that road was closed later. Had no more water on the way home on the roads. We saw a a truck overturned off the road that the flood had gotten. There have been some deaths from all the flooding. My heart hurts for the families. We have never seen flooding like this. The Lake Livingston Dam is full to the top. It is not far from us. Sorry for such a long post!

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589

Edited by - Dapple Grey Lady on Jun 01 2016 2:29:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2016 :  9:01:14 PM  Show Profile
I am glad you 're safe. It is best to be home if home is high. Nothing is dry. We saw Sun this afternoon. Then listened to the storms raging 30 miles away. I do not remember weather like this in my 72 years. May God hold us all close to Him.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2016 :  04:43:55 AM  Show Profile
Be safe all those dealing with the flooding, so scary. I think of you all often.
Thank you everyone for all the beautiful fabric squares. Doris don't worry about the fabric, they mostly blend together, and its fun to figure out how to combine them. I'm sure it will work.

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2016 :  7:55:50 PM  Show Profile
Sara, I received you floral fabric today! Very sweet prints!
Thank you!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2016 :  8:55:45 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Sara, received your pretty fabrics today. Thank you.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2016 :  05:54:22 AM  Show Profile
I also received your blocks yesterday. Thank you. They are pretty.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Christy925
True Blue Farmgirl

476 Posts

Christy
Midland Michigan
USA
476 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2016 :  06:55:49 AM  Show Profile
I think I got this Granny Square Quilt Pattern free on Craftsy. It used 10" and 5" squares. Thought it might come in handy for our swaps. I'm going to use this one for my floral fabrics I'm receiving. Will be so pretty :)

I'll gladly email the PDF to anyone who wants it :)

Farmgirl Sister #2315
http://www.etsy.com/shop/WildThymeCreations?ref=pr_shop
https://www.flickr.com/photos/marketwoman45/albums
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Floral Fabric 10" Square swap SIGNUPS CLOSED Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page