owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  08:41:26 AM  Show Profile
My very favorite show was "The Mickey Mouse Club". I would sit in front of the tv with my mouse ears on a watch it faithfully. Still remember some of the songs. Those mouse ears would bring some money in now if I still had them. The other favorite was "Superman" on every Sat. I waited all week for that.
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  11:46:56 AM  Show Profile
Yes, That Girl was a mod show and I think Marlo Thomas is beautiful. Here Come the Brides - hunky Bobby Sherman and wasn't David Soul in that show also. Does anyone remember when Gary Busey played in a show called The Texas Wheelers? And remember Family with Kristy McNichol and Meredith Baxter Birney? That was one of my very favorites. And The Wonder Years still makes me nostalgic and has been known to make me cry. I loved Kevin Arnold and my one mini horse is called Winnie after Winnie Cooper LOL

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  11:49:33 AM  Show Profile

My sister and I loved "Here comes the brides" Jeremy Bolt was my favorite bolt brother. I still watch Little House on the Prairie, it is one of the only shows I feel good letting my kids watch! As for mini-series, some of my favorites were The thorn birds, North and South, and V. LOved The Brady Bunch and as I got older I loved Wonder Years, the young Riders, and Northern exposure. (ok, that list one was a lot older)
-Megan
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  12:09:49 PM  Show Profile
Ahh, the mini series - Rich Man Poor Man - was risque for the time....gosh what good shows there used to be on TV - I don't watch much now- I really dislike reality.

Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  1:25:32 PM  Show Profile
Gotta go with the Partridge Family. David Cassidy was definitely my first love. In fact, I think I still love him...

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."
James Taylor
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  2:01:41 PM  Show Profile
David Cassidy is coming to concert in NJ in Feb and I am debating if I want to go - I love the song - I Think I Love You and would really love to see him in person, I wonder how much tickets will be??? Hehehe, I liked my comment, I dislike reality - what a Freudian slip that was when I really meant reality TV.

Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  2:15:38 PM  Show Profile
Okay, Kathy, here goes, confession time! David Cassidy came to concert here several years ago! I didn't debate the issue at all! I bought a ticket for me and one for my husband. I had so much fun at the concert. He sang all the old Partridge Family songs that I grew up with and knew every word to. It was a blast. And, the tickets were not expensive. He was at a kinda "off" venue. My husband still laughs about the evening. I really should have taken a girlfriend who could appreciate the whole David Cassidy craze. You will have so much fun at the concert if you go. It was really pretty funny...middle aged gals, acting like we're 15 again. I even bought a t-shirt!

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."
James Taylor
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Favorite Childhood TV Shows Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page