Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic MY PC DIED... Next Topic  

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  9:00:37 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
A slow and painful death. So I am on my lovely new MacBook. Of course there is no telling what all I lost. All my business stuff. I could cry but what good would it do? I suppose I will be in the market for a new desktop...would love another Mac but I dont have time to learn all the label stuff...better stick with what I know. Tomorrow I suppose I will ring up Dell or Gateway and tell them to send me something new and pretty.

Just thought I would share. I know in the grand scheme of things its not biggie but to have to redo all my business stuff will be a pain.

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com

Sweet Harvest Homestead
True Blue Farmgirl

279 Posts

Lindy
Stanfield NC
USA
279 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  9:07:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh Susan,
I feel for you. I hope that you can somehow retrive it. If not, I know it will take awhile but things could be worse.
I saw that you were in Many, LA. I lived in Shreveport for about a month then moved to Waskom, TX for the remaining 5 years that we were there.
I am convinced that the nicest people on earth live in LA and TX. All of my babies were born in Shreveport and some of our best friends were made there.
I saw that you made soap. Do you know Jo Anne Cook from Minden? I met her at the Texas Soapmakers Convention in 2003. I make soap too. Not to sell anymore. We just use it and always have it on hand when we need a gift.
You take good care Susan.
Lindy

www.sweetharvesthomestead.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  9:40:38 PM  Show Profile
Susan - check with a computer tech person regarding your files on your old computer. Sometimes they can be retrieved and put in your new computer. I believe the term is called "slaving the old hard drive" into the new one. Worth asking about, anyway. (I don't know where that expression came from, but geez, you'd think there'd be a better way to label the process!)

Humor is the prelude to faith and Laughter is the beginning of prayer. -- Reinhold Niebuhr

http://farmstyle.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  09:22:02 AM  Show Profile
Susan- I had the same thing happen this past fall. It is very frustrating to think of all the things that were lost :( I hope there is a way for you to get your info back!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2007 :  05:56:20 AM  Show Profile
Susan, My husband is a computer geek and has recovered many people's files form crashed hard drives. He may be able to help you or give you some advice. Feel free to email me.
-Megan
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic MY PC DIED... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page