Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Valentine Cookie Tea Party at ...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Valentine Cookie Tea Party at ... Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  8:57:14 PM  Show Profile
My friend, Kathy and I decided to have a fun Valentine Cookie Tea Party and Class at our shoppe in Bardstown in February ... i will just be back from Africa a few days when it happens .. so .. god love her .. she is going to do most of the work on this one! But i'll be there with the 'gift of gab' and to help with the class. (Kathy will do all the cookie baking!)

We've also put a March Class on our schedule ... we'll be making a wonderful CABIN FEVER pot pourii. And we'll make a big pot of home-made soup and home-baked bread for this one!

YOU TOO can do these in your home or shoppe .. a fun way to gather some friends (or strangers who will become friends) .. and actually make a few pennies at the same time!

Our schedule will go something like this: we'll have a 'festive theme' set table with 'theme foods' .. we'll only use antique china, linens, decorations. When the ladies arrive .. we'll tell them about our shoppe and future tea parties. Then we'll play a fun game in the way of 'introductions'. For our Valentine's Party .. I'll tell them the story of St. Valentine and how Valentine's Day came to be .. then I'll ask each woman to introduce herself and tell us about her 'first' (or last) or most memorable KISS. That always gets the girls to giggling and sharing stories .. which leads to friendships made! Then, we'll give them a little 'tour' of our shoppe .. talking about a few of our antiques (and oh my goodness .. if they wish to purchase something .. well .. be still my heart! that will be grande!)

After our tour (and educating them a little), they will each be presented with an 'attractively packaged' KIT to make their craft .. and Kathy and I will give them hands-on instructions as they create their craft. THEN .. we will have our 'tea party' before our 'fond farewells.

For our CABIN FEVER POT POURII .. we will have a big wooden antique bowl filled with scented pot pourii basics .. and other vintage pottery bowls holding more herbs and spices for the ladies to break up into the mixture. They will each get a lovely 'bag' in which to put a generous serving of this pot pourii in to take home. We will talk to them about various herbs and spices and different mixtures (they will also get a written 'hand-out' with pot pourii recipes to try on their own). We will show other 'herbal' crafts they can make .. like wreaths and such. ALWAYS there will be a 'tour' of the shoppe .. showing especially things that we have created or have for sale for the particular month, holiday, season of each tea party.

We will also be holding some of these at Kathy's early 1800's log cabin on her property in Flaherty, Kentucky .. and in mine here in Green County.

OH WHAT FUN! I used to do these tea parties a lot when I lived in Maryland .. t'will be fun to do some more with friend Kathy.

If you have any questions about doing these for you and your friends, i'll be happy to tell you of any expriences i have had to hopefully help you to hostess tea parties of your own. xo, frannie

p.s. (i'll be posting some pictures to my Kentucky Ramblers and a few here too as they occur!)

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  05:19:44 AM  Show Profile
Oh Frannie, I wish I were down there!

O, Come let us adore HIM! www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  06:27:54 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, that sounds like so much fun! I used to go to teas with my mother and grandmother years and years ago. All the ladies would wear furs and their Eisenberg glass jewelry. They'd get a big whoopee about who was asked to pour, and it'd be in the paper the next day. Lots of little sandwiches and LOTS of fun gossip!

These days many people think they're too busy for such things, but it really is a way to slow down and have some good social time. And I have absolutely no doubt that yours will be charming!
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  08:18:03 AM  Show Profile
Oh sounds like such fun! Wish I lived closer!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  5:20:12 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like fun. I wish we were all there to join you. Have fun. pinkroses
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2006 :  12:47:20 PM  Show Profile
Will be waiting to see lots of pictures Frannie.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2006 :  6:05:23 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, giving teas are alot of fun. I did it for kids for their B/day parties in my family, all my neices & then some friends. I like giving teas for kids mostly. My favorite thing to do was give Literature Teas, it is centered & themed by a favorite book or story of the child's choice & all decorations, games & cake is about that story. Kids, parents and/or myself read their favorite part of the book/story. its fun and educational. I think Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorites. I have a huge doll house that I'd put their favors in, I bring all the srtaw hats & decorations for the kids to decorate their own hats, I also bake a small round cake for each child to decorate, have a big cut out of the cheshire cat if they want to play pin the tail. I bring games and decorate the tea table w/ alot of whimsical tea pots, cups & saucers & every girl has a pair of white gloves at her seat. I of course, am the mad hatter! I love it & my sisters keep telling me to turn it into a real business. I've given so many themes like Madeline, fairies, horses, a midsummer night, mother goose & most of the holidays. I do love it. It was great reading about your teas also.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2006 :  10:23:45 PM  Show Profile
michele .. the 'book' tea parties are lots of fun. i had a 'children's book club' when living in maryland .. and each month .. the kids chose a book to read .. they would come back the following month for 'book club' .. and i always decorated the table in the 'theme' of the book .. then they would choose the 'next month's book club'. i mostly did these because of our sweet granddaughter.

i would love to find a women's book club in our area (but .. selfishly, i probably would want to only read books that interested ME!) i know .. not expanding my horizons that way .. but i once belonged to a club and had to WADE through books that i hated and felt were such a waste of my time .. and i really hated it so much i didn't learn much from it! (probably ME rather than the club though!)

it woud be grande if some of us had a Mary Jane's Forum Book Club .. and chose a book every couple months .. and reported on it as we read it! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  11:17:51 AM  Show Profile
I would love that Frannie. I also belonged to one a long time ago but hated most of the books they read. I know from the first couple of pages I read if its a book for me.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  11:37:57 AM  Show Profile
i do hope someone volunteers to 'momma' a book club here. no fancy roooools and regulations .. or 'must-do's' .. just a fun club where we choose a book from several suggestions and discuss it as we read it (such as Ceasar's Way)!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Valentine Cookie Tea Party at ... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page