Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  2:17:15 PM  Show Profile
Well, DH decides to take another load of wood and stone down to the farm and Brindi, the dog, is of course eager to go along. She really did enjoy her trip yesterday - all sunny and invigorating. Visions of weird bovine smells and exploring those woods, plus the joy of accompanying "daddy" alone on a special bonding trip - these things have Brindi panting with anticipation. She can't wait!!!

The only problem??? Today is cold and rainy. The truck is bouncy. The trip long and cold, and "mom" is not there to comfort her. So Brindi gets sick in the BRAND NEW truck. Then she gets sick again. Then she's slobbering like she did yesterday, but today the slobber is not one of joy, but of misery. It's cold. It's wet. She slips getting out of the truck and the ground is all muddy. Disgusted and covered in slime, she just wants to go HOME. Then DH tells her that they have to wait til late this afternoon to meet the road gravel guy at the farm, so they can't leave quite yet. So they can either explore the farm IN THE POURING COLD RAIN or they can sit in the truck which now smells like new car smell + dog barf + plus whatever it was that Brindi landed in when she fell out of the truck. Now by this time, Brindi's great adventure is a total failure. She's still tired from yesterday (she's an old dog who's been sleeping on the couch a bit too much lately...)She's unhappy and probably hungry by now... And she's probably thinking that perhaps she'll just stay on the couch next time.

(Needless to say, DH is NOT having a great time either! LOL It's not helped much by the muffled laughter coming from me, while DH is trying to explain why he'll be late home for dinner.)

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Edited by - Bluewrenn on Dec 19 2006 2:23:30 PM

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  2:40:13 PM  Show Profile
I guess I should explain to everyone that my DH has a great sense of humor and the way he told me how his day has gone is why this is so funny...

Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  3:33:36 PM  Show Profile
Too funny! A great story. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  5:05:43 PM  Show Profile
Erin, I love it - I can picture the whole thing in my mind and your husbands voice as he's telling you. I have a really funny one, too. My dad used to take my St. Bernard with him out to our cottage in the woods (bout 30 miles from home). She loved going in the back of the pickup truck for the ride. Heidi Ho (dog's name) loved being out at the cottage and playing in the water and exploring the surrounding wooded area. At night, my Dad, with dog in tow, goes into town to the local tap for refreshment and comradiery with the locals. Its now 2 AM and he goes out to leave to go back to the cottage and the dog is not in the back of the truck! So, its two in the morning and my Dad, standing on the sidewalk in the middle of town, starts yelling, "Heidi Ho, Heidi Ho!" He waits a little bit and then he yells again, "Heidi Ho, Heidi Ho!" Few minutes later, a cop pulls up, gets out of the car and asks whats all the racket and goes to take my Dad by the arm. My Dad said, "leave me alone, I'm looking for my dog." The cop gives him a, 'yeah, right, sure you are' look. Just then, the dog comes up from the side of the bridge by the river. My dad hollers at the dog to get in the truck, and she happily jumps up right over the side of the truck into the back. Then my dad gets in the truck and drives off while the cop stands there in wide-eyed amazement. A few weeks later, my dad is telling us this story and after we all stopped laughing, he said to me, "you know that other dog you have, the one you named Kimosabe? I'm never taking him with me. Screaming Heidi Ho was bad enough, I'd get arrested for sure yelling, 'Kimosabe' at two in the morning!" It was too funny. Oh dear.
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  5:12:37 PM  Show Profile
I really enjoyed the funny story. Poor doggie. I bet she was glad to get back home.
Bet , hubby was too.
I bet the doggie liked to get a warm bath after a cold rainy day. pinkroses
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2006 :  03:25:16 AM  Show Profile
My 10 year old pampered couch dog would be exactly the same! Thanks for sharing your cute story!

O, Come let us adore HIM! www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2006 :  06:22:56 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
awwww :( poor brindi funny for us. :) It reminds me of the time that my auntie's collie went for a ride in my uncle's truck. He's a sweet big guy and just doesn't get along with riding in the vehicles. I guess he got very woosy and leaned over and vomited in the lil pocket to put your maps etc. He is very considerate and this is typical of him to try to at least throw up in a secluded area. LOL!

"... to thine ownself be true."
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2006 :  07:07:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for these funny dog stories! :) It makes me want to leave work and go home and kiss and hug my own dogs for all the laughter and love they bring to my life!

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2006 :  10:35:15 AM  Show Profile
Poor Brindi, I bet she won't be jumping in that truck again anytime soon.
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  07:44:00 AM  Show Profile
What a coincidence, Bridget... Brindi was considerate enough to barf in the little pocket too!

Actually hubby cleaned it up and then the two of them went and explored the property in the rain. When it came time to come home, the dog wasn't having any of it. Not sure if she just didn't want to leave, or if she was afraid of getting sick again. Either way, she was fine on the way home and yes, has NOT left the couch since!

Naturally, she stayed home the next day instead of coming back with us.

Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  08:08:31 AM  Show Profile
got another chuckler...

We used to have a puppy named Grandma. Now Grandma was older than dirt. She also had every old dog malady that an old dog could have, including incontinence. But we got her some meds and she did okay - no more accidents. The only problem was that she still had to "go" every hour or so. Even during the dead of night. Being a light sleeper, I usually got to take her out, but occassionally hubby would step in to do the job. One year, during an especially cold spell, he took Grandma out (on the front lawn) during the night and she was taking her time... a long time... so he started calling for her softly.... trying to get her to hurry up!

What we didn't know was that his calling had woken the neighbors and they were all peaking out their windows - the next day, they told me what they had heard...

"Grandma, Hurry up and finish taking a s*&%# on the lawn! Come on, it's cold out here and if you don't hurry, you may get left out here all night...."

"Grandma, you have to do it outside. I'm not taking you back inside until you do your business on the lawn!"

Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  11:09:47 AM  Show Profile
Oh Erin, the Grandma tale is too hilarious! Thanks for sharing it with us....HO HO HO everybody. Nance
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  11:12:26 AM  Show Profile
Oh Erin! I've got tears coming out of my eyes! That grandma story is too much! Thanks for the laugh...keep em coming!
Bonnie

O, Come let us adore HIM! www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Anyone for good laugh? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page