Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 FarmGal in need of help....lunch box craft
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic FarmGal in need of help....lunch box craft Next Topic  

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  12:32:43 PM  Show Profile
Hea friends, I have 2 small tin lunch boxes and I need a pattern to somthing to know what to decorate the outside with. I think I want to make cute little purses for my nieces, got any ideas? Thanks!

Angi~wife, momma, 4H leader & Txfarmgal -Be Joyful Always 1 Thes. 5:18
http://www.etsy.com/your_shop.php MommaNMe Country store

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  2:08:54 PM  Show Profile
Angi, seems to me I have a pattern somewhere for decorating those rectangular mint tins, I will try to find it and you can decide if it is adaptable to your lunch boxes. Bug me if I forget!!!!

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Prov 31:10
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2006 :  06:36:44 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
how old are they and what do they like?
like if they are into dora the explorer or hello kitty for example you could make copies of those folks and decopauge on the front.
another idea, you could take a full size pic of them, and make a paper doll out of them on the front of the tin and then you could back it and the clothes with that magnetic sheet stuff you can get at the craft stores, i have even seen it at walmart.
or if your not into paper dolls you could decorate the outside of the box like a collage and put some words , from magazines on the magnetic sheets, cut around it and they could change up the lunchbox as they want.
i hope i am describing this okay?

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2006 :  07:52:04 AM  Show Profile
If you are doing decoupage just google free clip art and you will find tons of stuff to print out and adapt. Are you going to fill them with anything? Maybe that could be your theme. Candy wrapper art for candy, beauty stuff for bath and body products. I once got a tin filled with lipsmacker chapsticks and the tin was covered in lips! I have done matchbox cars for the boys and that was a big hit because they have a "car carrier" too! Good luck it's a fun project.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Grammy
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Troyce
Summerville GA
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2006 :  10:11:40 AM  Show Profile
I have never participated in a sock swap and I have a question How will I find out who to send my package to?
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic FarmGal in need of help....lunch box craft Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page