Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Bath Salt Recipes for gifts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Bath Salt Recipes for gifts Next Topic  

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2006 :  08:28:29 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
Candy Cane
http://organizedchristmas.com/article69.html

Peaches and Cream bath salts
http://organizedchristmas.com/article68.html

I made the candy cane ones last year and they turned out great. Instead of jars I purchased disposable piping bags - they are clear and v shaped. Poured the salts at an angle and tied the tops with a pretty ribbon, candy cane and tag - very cute.

Julia
BlueApple Farm
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/BlueAppleFarm/

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2006 :  09:27:11 AM  Show Profile
Julia,

I just copied off the bath salt info and I'm sooo excited about making some! My 20 year old daughter and I always look for gifts we can make together and I was starting to wonder what we would do this year. Well, thanks to you, I think we will make it though another holiday season. Thanks!

I live in Nevada now but I grew up in Oregon...Monmouth. Ever hear of it? Outside of Salem. Just wondering. Cindy

If life gives you scraps, make quilts!
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2006 :  11:40:29 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
Yes, I sure have - it's not too far from me - probably 30 - 40 minutes or so! I have a lot of my daughters friends who are going to Western too.

I'm glad the recipes are coming in handy!

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  10:22:54 AM  Show Profile
Julia, That Candy Can Bath Salts looks like a fabulous gift! I wrote it down in my FarmGirl notebook (MaryJane's journal) and will try it right after Thanksgiving. In fact, I better try it out myself first, right?....just to make sure....mmmmmmmm...I love a bath salts bath!

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."
James Taylor
Go to Top of Page

Nicie
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Denise
Lincoln NE
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  6:13:45 PM  Show Profile
Where do you find the glycerin and oils? I live in a very small rural town and I'm going to the 'big city'on friday and need to know where to look.

Thanks for any help.

Denise
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  6:35:12 PM  Show Profile
I like the organizedchristmas.com website. I find lots of their charts useful for tracking gifts, craft making and cards.

I think I made these one year. The women loved them. You can buy glycerin at a drugstore like CVS. You get the essential oils at a health food store.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2006 :  07:00:17 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
I bought the glycerine and oils at Michaels..you can probably order online if you can't find it in town.

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

koolaidqueen
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Julie
Sherwood Michigan
25 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2006 :  09:34:47 AM  Show Profile
Just checked out the recipes...look real nice!! I am looking for "jar" gifts for my sister. You know, the person who has everything!!! Thanks for the heads-up!!

Julie...Official Farmgirl, Gardener, Stitcher, County Fair girl, and lots of other stuff!!
"I love the way libraries smell." -That Wild Berries Should Grow by Gloris Whelan
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2006 :  08:22:41 AM  Show Profile
I just finished making the peppermint bathsalts and had a blast! It took less than an hour to do! Now I'm thinking about what other scents I can come up with. Maybe lavender?

You can find glycerin in with cake decorating supplies and I got the essential oil at the health food store (which had a huge variety of them and made me want to make more!) I also used the left overs in my bath last night, very nice!

Thanks for sharing! Cindy

If life gives you scraps, make quilts!
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2006 :  12:35:05 PM  Show Profile
Here's a photo (hopefully) of our Candy Cane Bath Salts. It's the very last jar left. This is a simple project with beautiful results. The jars are from the dollar store. We cut off new kitchen spoons for the scoops. Everybody loved them (including me!). Thanks for this great project, Julia. Cindy Lee, I've been thinking lavender as well. I picked up the essential oil when I got the peppermint and I also have some dried buds from my lavender plants. I think that would be a great mixture. I love bath salts myself!

By the way, that's Robin's wreath from Maine ("Thyme for Ewe") that the jar is in. It is a gorgeous wreath!

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."
James Taylor
Go to Top of Page

LauraH
True Blue Farmgirl

305 Posts

Laura
North Creek New York
USA
305 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2006 :  1:42:31 PM  Show Profile
Looks so great! I will try this for teacher gifts for my daughters this week.. I was looking for something inexpensive but really nice.
LauraH
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2006 :  2:37:51 PM  Show Profile
We are doing a "Chinese auction" with my husband's family this year. :( ( I do not like that scenario when it comes to family- too impersonal.) I think I will make bath salts as a small gift for the girls. The boys will get chili makin's! Thanks for the idea.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  06:42:43 AM  Show Profile
Looks really nice. You did a wonderful job packaging it. It looks so pretty and festive. What a great gift.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Bath Salt Recipes for gifts Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page