Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Cute Pattern Next Topic  

peapodjane
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

127 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  3:08:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi,
I was at the www.knitty.com site today, and saw a pattern for the cutest cap for a little girl. The pattern is called "Piggle" and is knit so that a girls little pigtails (should she be sporting them!) can come through the cap. Since so many of you seem to be accomplished knitters it is probably a pretty easy pattern for you if you like it.
peapodjane

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  3:16:37 PM  Show Profile
That's darling! It makes me not only want to become a better knitter, but also to wear pigtails!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  3:49:39 PM  Show Profile
I LOVE knitty.com! Did you see the knit napkin rings? They're knit with metal beading wire and glass beads...SO pretty and inspiring. This pattern inspired to try knitting "outside of the box" last night and so I whipped up a knit hemp necklace (2 stitch I-cord on US3 dpns) with a big clay bead in the middle for my 15yo brother-in-law, with a metal clasp, knit right into the first and last stitches. Don't get me wrong, I know I'm SO not cool, but this necklace is strikingly similar to the ones that sell for way too much money at all of his cologne-stinkin' clothing shops where none of the models wear any clothes!! Sorry, what were we talking about? :)

Catherine

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  6:24:46 PM  Show Profile
Genuis, Catherine - let us know how he liked it!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

peapodjane
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

127 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2006 :  03:03:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi,
Oh, Anne Elizabeth, I wanted pigtails immediately when I saw this! However, unless I used extensions, it's not happening, at least not now! Maybe artificial ones attached to the hat?!
Catherine, I loved the knitted bead and wire idea, I have seen similar instructions before, but these seem so doable, I want to make something, anything!,using this technique! I know what you mean about the items you can make that are so often much more attractive and constructed to be durable, I wonder how often some "regular" person comes up with something and then it gets ripped off and mass produced super cheap and sold for high prices? Anyway, I hope you post a picture, I enjoy your blog very much. I hope all goes well with Jackson's dedication, stretch (oops! block ) that sweater girl!
peapodjane

Edited by - peapodjane on Dec 15 2006 03:04:54 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Cute Pattern Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page