westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 22 2005 :  06:38:49 AM  Show Profile
Hello girls, it's Sunday am, I couldnt sleep last night, not even spinning and 2 cups of chamomille could help. I found a web-site so full of info I had to share it right away. It has info on small farms, info on where to find more info. I spent almost 3 hrs. on it, I NEVER spend that kind of time online!! I felt hope and inspiration. The site is; journeytoforever.org/farm.html There is so much to read. It has a great book list including my favorite 5 acres & independence. So when you can spend time go visit it. Also, I have a bit of news, I decided to take some classes on herbs. I know I want to delve into this and make it the major part of my farm. As tired as I am right now, I feel so inspired, hope you will also. Michele

"she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands". prov. 31:13

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - May 22 2005 :  06:47:37 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for sharing this info, Michele. I shall definately check it out.

Just a thought for sleeplessness.... try rhythmic breathing... inhale to a count of 4 or 8 (some can breath in longer than others), hold for an equal count, and exhale for 6 or 10 counts (longer than you inhaled..... doing this is so relaxing and helps to quiet the body down. I have found that it works for me very well.

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - May 22 2005 :  10:59:24 AM  Show Profile
I added it to my favorites list!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 22 2005 :  7:08:18 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Clare, I'll try the breathing next time I need it, probably tonight!!!!!!!! I've got so much going on right now, I'm stretched and pulled in too many directions at the moment, it will quiet down in a couple of weeks but all I want right now is a quiet, soft place to fall. As a woman and like everyone else, I take on so much at one time. With the grace of God I get it done. Thanks again. Michele

"she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands". prov. 31:13
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic A WONDERFUL WEB_SITE Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page