Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Christmas Tag Swap - received your tags??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Christmas Tag Swap - received your tags?? Next Topic
Page: of 14

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  8:09:33 PM  Show Profile
the tags should be in the mail by the end of the week. :) Thank you ladies for your patience!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  07:03:07 AM  Show Profile
Thank You so much Brenda :-) I've sent you an email.

KEEP A SMILE IN YOUR HEART...
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  10:38:41 AM  Show Profile
Patsy, thank you so much for the beautiful tags I received yesterday! You really put a lot of thought into them. I love them both but think the birdie is my fav! I love birds. They are too pretty to put on a gift, so I put them on my MJF Christmas Tree instead.

Hugs,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  1:27:29 PM  Show Profile
This tag thing was fun. It was my first "tag" experience. I thought I had not photographed my first attempts, and when I went back to make more, I forgot the snowman, and remembered the tree. Here are pictures of two of the first six.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals
Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  1:34:21 PM  Show Profile
Wow Marilyn, I just visited your shop. How talented and clever you are! I totally love the rag minks and the gingerbread banner is adorable. I'm thinking I might have to go shopping, but since it's for ME I have to wait a week or so at least. Amazing!

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Friends are sisters we choose with our heart.
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  1:42:38 PM  Show Profile
Patsy , Thank you so much for my tags, I love them!

1. It is a blue background, with a silver limb with a little red bird on it. And a red and white cord and a little clear tag on it. So pretty!
2. The 2nd , a tag with burlap and a little tree and red ribbon with a dance tag and a red ribbon cord. I just love them Patsy. And the cutest card. Wow!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls

Hugs: Heaven's Ultimate
Good Sign
Go to Top of Page

KristiW
Moderator/Farmgirl True

639 Posts

Kristine
MaryJanesFarm
USA
639 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  1:44:40 PM  Show Profile
I'm so glad you liked them CJ, I had so much fun making them! Thanks for being my partner and I hope we can meet face to face one day :)
quote:
Originally posted by ceejay48

Here are the WONDERFUL and BEAUTIFUL Tags I received from Kristi. They are about 3x6 inches and soooooo creative!
Thank you so much Kristi! I love them!

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Kristine
Farmgirl Sister #4314

Not all who wander are lost.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  2:35:09 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the compliment Marti.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  4:04:00 PM  Show Profile
Very very nice, Ladies!

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

Pokeyfire
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Kerry
Alamogordo New Mexico
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  8:09:22 PM  Show Profile
Good evening fellow tag swappers!

Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. I can't believe my dad is gone. I feel as though all of this is just a really bad joke and he is going to walk in any minute. True to thee wives tale I lost 3 people within 7 days. My dad, a friend and my great uncle. I am both psychically and emotionally exhausted.

While I was gone I received two sets of tags. Unfortunately, I was so excited to open them and hang the "pretty" in my living room that I allowed the packaging to be thrown away and I don't know who sent them. :0( I have taken pictures and will post them shortly minus the tea because, I already used them. Sorry. It was yummy though. :0)

Anyway. TexasGran and Marti732 your tags are in route. Hudsoninaf yours will go out tomorrow. (I had a packaging disaster.) I hope you like them. :0)

This is my first time making tags so I would appreciate any feedback.

Pokeyfire
Farmgirl #6712

Rain soothes the soul. Sunshine makes everything right.
Go to Top of Page

Pokeyfire
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Kerry
Alamogordo New Mexico
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  8:17:06 PM  Show Profile
TexasGran!!! Two of my tags were from you. :0) I just started looking back through the posts to see what I have missed and my tags are there. (The tree of pretty rolled paper and the fluffy snowman.)
Thank you so much. They are fun and beautiful and they made me smile.

Pokeyfire
Farmgirl #6712

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  8:26:43 PM  Show Profile
Well Kerry it was the first time for several of us. Mine would have been a tree made of rolled up Christmas
Papers and a snowman on red and white snow paper. Now about your loss. When my mother passed away I found myself going to the phone for weeks, and picking it up to call her. I had seen her six or seven days a week for almost five years. I had called multiple times each day to check on her. She was ill for five years before she died. A few days after her funeral I went with my d in l to take the four month old grand child to the doctor. While they were with him, I picked up a little booklet from a local funeral home. It talked about Brown outs after we lose loved ones. We don't feel right, tired sleepy, less joy, etc. It said we need to give ourselves at least a week, perhaps two to grieve and think, pray and remember. Then we will be able to better cope with our lives. I felt it was a God thing that the little book was there. It was the only one. I left it for another who would surely need it. Since I was teaching school, I only had a week, but it was sufficient. I did not have any guilt, because I had been there for her. I hope this will help as you go through your journey. Your three came very close together. My mother passed away first, then her husband six months later and my 52 year old brother six months later.God bless you.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  8:28:51 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Kerry.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

Pokeyfire
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Kerry
Alamogordo New Mexico
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  9:08:19 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Marilyn. This is really the first time I have had to deal with these feelings with the loss of a loved one. And, I feel as though I am doing it wrong. My grandmother passed 6 years after having a stroke. I had lunch with her 3 times a week, talked to her on the phone on the other days and visited with her hours before she passed. After the stroke, she was unable to do any of the things that made her happy. It was more of a blessing, for her, when it was time for her to go. My father lives two states away so we don't see each other as often. I feel blessed that we had 4 good visits this year. One of which, in July, we actually had EVERYONE together at one time and had family pictures done. I was also able to get to him, spend his last days with him and be with him when he passed. So, I also don't feel any guilt. I AM dealing with alternating extreme amounts of anger and sadness. It was so sudden. He was only 65 and had so many dreams left un-reached. Ditto with my friend. She was only 35. I may need an extra week or two. It is comforting to know that it will pass.

I have decided to take away the lesson that time is not promised. I need to get my priorities in order and get moving on reaching my dreams.

Sorry for the lengthy rant. Thank you for the ray of light. :0)

Pokeyfire
Farmgirl #6712

Go to Top of Page

Pokeyfire
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Kerry
Alamogordo New Mexico
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  9:11:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh! And one set of tags came with a pretty crocheted trivet. Okay, it could be a pot holder but, it is too pretty and I don't want to ruin it so, in my house it will be a trivet. :0)

Pokeyfire
Farmgirl #6712

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  02:44:22 AM  Show Profile
Kerry - so many hugs coming your way, my friend! That is a lot of loss in a week! Yes please give yourself the time to grieve and to heal! Sometimes it takes longer than a week for just one person, let alone three is such a short time frame! I tried to rush the grieving period once,and it was the worst thing I could have ever done.. I ended up breakin, months later, and it took a lot longer for me to "get back on my feet."

As for the tags - the other set you received would have been from Marti, if that is your other partner, as I still have not mailed mine. I am dealing with four sick children (Emi is the worst, with RSV), and an injured foot (probable torn Achilles tendon). Mine should go out tomorrow or Friday. I need to do the final touches :)

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  04:46:32 AM  Show Profile
Oh Shannon, I am so sorry that Emi has RSV. I know you will take good care of her and she will get well. God bless you.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

Pokeyfire
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Kerry
Alamogordo New Mexico
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  1:07:39 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Shannon. No worries or hurries on the tags. Spend the time on you and your babies. :0) They will be just as awesome whenever they get here.
I sent your's out today.
I'm not sure if chicken soup works for tendons but, I figure it wouldn't hurt. :0D
Feel better.

Pokeyfire
Farmgirl #6712

Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  02:08:16 AM  Show Profile
Kerry, you need to let your heart heal hon, that's a lot of loss in such a short time. You are probably still in a numbish state. I know I was in lala land for weeks after my parents and sister died.
I did send your tags with a crocheted trivet (that's what I use them for too :) . God Bless you sister, you're in my prayers.

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  02:15:33 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, don't worry about the tags right now, you have enough to deal with at this time. Just give your time to those babies (special hugs to Emi) and heal yourself. You and your little ones are in my prayers. Hope everyone is healthy and healed by Christmas. God Bless you Sister!

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7597 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7597 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  08:47:51 AM  Show Profile
Kerry I am so sorry to hear your losses, My prayers go out to you.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13627 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13627 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  12:14:54 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Kerry,
Losing loved ones, family or friend, is sooooo very difficult! We just have to process in our own way and time. And, you are correct, we are not promised another day. My daughter and I try to be sure to tell each other we love each other on a DAILY basis! She lives 400 miles from me so I don't see her as often as I'd like.
I'm also trying to be more consistent in communicating the same to my siblings, all of whom live far away!
Hang in there, my friend!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  12:58:52 PM  Show Profile
Kerry,
I know losing family and friends is so difficult. We had mom home while she was on hospice. It was very hard, but gave us all time to say good bye. She was 80. It's so much harder when loss is sudden and unexpected. So many of us have been where you are, and so we understand.
Just know your Farm Sisters are here to listen and encourage you.

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

VT Oma
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Sheila
Greensboro Vermont
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  5:20:31 PM  Show Profile
Callene, I hope your tags got to you by now if not than they should be there tomorrow or I would think Friday the latest.

VT Oma
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2015 :  7:14:06 PM  Show Profile
I received my package of Christmas tags and tucks from Kerry today. I took pictures with my phone and they would not upload. I will try a different device tomorrow. I want you to see how cute the tags are. There was also a Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus ornament ,a card and special peppermint chapstick. Thank you Kerry, I love it. You are quite creative.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Christmas Tag Swap - received your tags?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page