Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Perfect Letter Writing Day.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Perfect Letter Writing Day. Next Topic  

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  2:05:39 PM  Show Profile
Today is a perfect letter writing day.... cooler weather, no yard work,,, and even thou I have sewing projects to attend to, I have decided to pop in a lovely Celtic CD, make myself a mug of hot Chai Tea and get caught up on my letter writing...

I forget how I do so love receiving hand written notes... and hopefully my far away friends are delighted to receive (thou far and few between) them from me...
So,,, isn't it time for you to send a sweet friendship note to a far away friend and brighten their day

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  2:48:43 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Ya' gonna write me a letter too . . huh, huh . . are ya'?
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Sep 27 2015 2:49:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  3:03:57 PM  Show Profile
"the checks in the mail".. lol! wink wink!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6932 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6932 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2016 :  1:19:24 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I was thinking about this yesterday. I have some free time on this coming Friday and was planning to sit down and get some letters written. It will be nice to send some love to others!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2016 :  2:46:51 PM  Show Profile
Grace, CJ and Krista...I have no Free time at the moment and yet I have six letters I need to
get to. I love writing Letters and sending cards and making them look Beautiful and Special...
my only problem now is how do I walk and write letters??? LOL My Fitbit has me doing so much
walking I'm having to squeeze correspondence into Holiday Cards. Like, I just sent out Valentine
Cards and wrote "Letter to Come Later". LOL I have 3 pen pals; one from MJF, one from Susan Branch
and one from a FB Friend. Then I have 4 Prison Ministry People I write to also. I should develop
a single hand-written letter...that I can just photo copy and send to all...but it seems rather
impersonal. I don't know...I need to think seriously about working that out some how.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2016 :  3:47:54 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Peggy,
I totally understand what you're saying. I'm keeping my Fitbit "calculationg" for me too, but so much of the extra time has been taken with outside stuff. While we were getting pummeled with snow it was shovel and sweep for hours. Now that it's melting down we had to tackle the berm along the north side of our house where the snow came off the roof. Well, it turned into hundreds and hundreds of pounds of ice. The ground slopes upward a bit on that side and we don't want all of that melting down towards the house. So I've been working on that, and today my hubby helped me finish it. "Ice mining" . . . bone jarring work! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GLAD it's done! HALLELUJAH!

I have a couple letters to write to . . . maybe I can get to them soon!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2016 :  4:32:26 PM  Show Profile
Hay there,

I totally understand......about the time constraints. I use to write thank yous immediately but find that I very much behind the eight ball these days. I do believe that I will "schedule" a letter writing day on Saturday morning. Coffee, fire, music and pen and paper. Who knows who will receive a quick note from me !?!?

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2016 :  06:42:59 AM  Show Profile
I get so far behind on letter writing that I am surprised my penpals don't give me up for good. But every once in awhile I gather things together and have a letter writing day. It feels good when I get caught up with everyone and send them all off. Plus it is nice to have some down time to do it too.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Feb 18 2016 06:43:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2016 :  11:13:10 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Okay girls, you've inspired me to get on the stick. So, after my power walk this morning I sat down and finished TWO letters! One to my long-lost but recently reconnected high school best friend and one to my long-neglected MJF penpal!

We can do it!
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on Feb 18 2016 11:13:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2016 :  12:15:45 PM  Show Profile
I'm with you CJ...I don't know if it was Inspiration or Guilt but I have my little Straw bag
packed and ready to go to Barnes and Noble...while my husband is at his Dr. Apptmnt. I have my
favorite purple ink pen, beautiful stationery, Colorful Spring Cards, Envelopes and Stamps
ready to get at least 2 letters done today! Both Prison Ministry Letters! But those people need
someone on the outside who cares enough to cheer them up!

OK...I'm off to check FB and hopefully take my dog out if it ever quits raining long enough to
get that walk in. I love walking at least 20-30 minutes outside everyday and then the rest I do
at the Fitness Center.

Happy Writing Lovely Letters Girls,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6932 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6932 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2016 :  6:19:42 PM  Show Profile
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one behind on letters. With all of us working to get those letters out this week, there will be many happy recipients.

Peggy, to bad there isn’t a way to write while you walk! Can’t say my handwriting would actually look legible after writing while walking though.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2016 :  7:31:41 PM  Show Profile
Well Girls I got 2 Letters done today! I feel like I accomplished much. Now just 4 more to go!
I can do this...and yes Krista there will be some Happy Recipients!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 18 2016 7:32:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2016 :  5:17:42 PM  Show Profile
I will be writing 2 Thank you notes (over due) hopefully tomorrow...
Sometimes,, I sort of cheat and 'write' on my computer, then change the script into a lovely font and then print it up on pretty printer paper... not pen and ink exactly,,, but at least a typed letter.. and Thank goodness for Spell Check! lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

DeVaudrey18
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2016 :  10:27:28 AM  Show Profile
Writing letters (and finding them in my mailbox) is one of my favorite things. When I was away at school (ages ago) they were the things keeping me going. Anything little note or card or whatnot was a treasure to keep my already wandering thoughts close to home. It is such a beautiful waning art. I have a couple of girls that I write and I find that I adore the many differences we find in one another and of course, the like antics too. What a beautiful way to share lives with each other. <3
Your stationary is just gorgeous, Grace, btw. ;)
Happy Writing!

J'ai valu,vaux et Vaudrai
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  12:40:08 AM  Show Profile
Jessica...it really is becoming a "Lost Art" communicating through the Written Word. But we need to
keep it from dying out all together. I got another letter written today...so 4 in one week...I'm feeling
pretty good about it. Two more to do for this week and then I'm caught up for awhile.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6584 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6584 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  05:47:52 AM  Show Profile
I too enjoy writing letters, using pretty paper, special ink, stamps, but finding the time like everyone has become a problem at times. But, I try so hard to make time as I do not want my 4 farmgirl pen pals or my old high school pal or my friend from the old neighborhood to think I have forgotten them!

I find the best time to write my special pen pals is in the early morning when I am having my tea, that is my special time with an old friend! I sit in front of my fire and go over all the things that have happened in my life since I last wrote. And, most important I think, is to always have her last letter in front of me to reference any questions or thoughts she may have had and to let her know I did take the time to read her last letter and truly enjoyed it. Also to make sure I remembered anything important she may have written to me. So, I hope I will be able to write letters to my friends old and new for a long time to come as I enjoy it and it is fun!

I still have 2 farmgirl friends who sends me pictures of their families, farm and animals I love that! Real live photographs, that they have taken. I save each and every one!

So, thank you to each of them who take the time to write to me.

Well, farmgirls I had better go, I have letters to write!

Have beautiful and blessed day!

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that.

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
www.Amazon.com/Blessed in Colorado
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Feb 22 2016 05:52:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6932 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6932 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  2:30:47 PM  Show Profile
Look how many letters have been written! Way to go everyone. I was able to complete 3 letters on Friday, but I have many more to go! Hopefully I can get some more done this week and get caught up!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

DeVaudrey18
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  4:15:34 PM  Show Profile
Wow! You ladies are inspiring! I go in spurts. I have 3 penpals that we write back regularly and then a couple where the letters are few and far between. One sweet lady that we sent and receive every other week. I love hearing how other people see life. It is so much fun and the quiet time is an added beautiful bonus! I need more penpals lol!! <3

J'ai valu,vaux et Vaudrai
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  12:01:54 PM  Show Profile
I recently drove down to the Palm Springs area where my mom & papa Bob live... I had a fabulous time, brought bag a shopping bag of the most fabulous [pink grapefruit (off their tree).
When I got home,,, it occurred to me that how is it we send sweet thoughtful notes of Thanks to friends... but not our parents... so I sat down and wrote a lovely little note of how much I enjoyed my time with them... Words are often forgotten in the hustle and bustle of daily life,,, but a hand written note gets tucked away to be re-read another day...
My mom called the day she received my note and was nearly in tears of this simple little loving gesture... I need to write her more often.
I think this weekend will be a good time to send some more little 'notes' to other family members.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  3:07:38 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Gracie, I try to ALWAYS write thank you notes to family members for time spent with them or things done for us. Robin and I ALWAYS write thanks you to each other after our adventures together! I, too, think it has great value!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  6:20:07 PM  Show Profile
So true Cj,,, a hand written note is so delightful to send and receive.
:>)

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6932 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6932 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  6:23:22 PM  Show Profile
How sweet, Grace! I agree with you. We do tend to forget to send notes to our parents and family members. It’s wonderful to hear how your note made your mother feel. I love how much of an impact small gestures can have on someone.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2016 :  10:10:37 AM  Show Profile
A simple Thank you note is like sending a smile wrapped up in a hug, for the mere cost of a postage stamp and a few minutes of one's time... Luv it!

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Mar 05 2016 10:11:45 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Perfect Letter Writing Day. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page