Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Traveling Craft Box #4 Sign ups
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Traveling Craft Box #4 Sign ups Next Topic
Page: of 8

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2247 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2247 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2016 :  10:27:07 AM  Show Profile
Please sign me up again, too. At my last chapter meeting I made an impromptu pocket letter, and proudly mentioned which of the tools and supplies and goodies I got from the Traveling Craft Box.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3932 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3932 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2016 :  1:19:25 PM  Show Profile
I am in also

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7593 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7593 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2016 :  1:36:31 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Vanessa and Marie, I am just waiting now to hear from Julie about when she will mail the box in my direction. I can hardly wait to see what is in it now.

hugs

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Jujube
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Julie
Cedar Rapids IA
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2016 :  09:25:52 AM  Show Profile
Hope to get it out to you tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7593 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7593 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  09:41:39 AM  Show Profile
Well I received the box home today, and sorry to say Julie sent it on without taking anything. It wasn't so fun a box this time plus probably not in the craft ideas she does. Thanks for being in the swap with Julie.
I went through it and I do agree it wasn't very exciting either and there were loose needles and tangled threads in it and some junk, and broken glass ornaments in it.

I would like to continue this but maybe there should be some rules to it. Any suggestions? It is too costly to send a box like this and be like what I received in it. I know that last box before this one was more fun and had some neat stuff in it.. I think I need input from you all who want to stay in, or not.

Please let me know

hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3932 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3932 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  2:24:48 PM  Show Profile
This is a sad state of affairs.

Perhaps an agreement not to send broken items and to package other items safely should be made.

Whenever I get the box, I sort the items into YES, MAYBE and NO piles. I then pack up what I don't take and do a little extra by putting similar items in separate zip lock bags and sometimes even label them. I also replace bags and containers which have worn out or broken. It takes a little longer and is probably very appreciated by the next recipient.

The issue of "junk" is tricky. What is junk and what it treasure? It depends, I guess, on who is looking at it. I would say that if a person putting something in cannot conceive a use for the item, it should not be included.

Marie, Sister #5142

Edited by - churunga on Feb 22 2016 2:27:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  5:23:51 PM  Show Profile
I really enjoyed the box when I got it.

Perhaps a 'no breakables' should be the number 1 rule.

I agree with Marie about using baggies for small treasures. (wish I'd have thought about that one)

I'm still in for the traveling crafts box, if you're going to keep it going. (hoping)

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9327 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9327 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  6:29:18 PM  Show Profile
I would like to be in the next one if you decide to continue.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7593 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7593 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  7:55:10 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I have on the yes list:

Denise Thompsen, Marie Listopad, Amy Cloud Chambers, Kathy Beachy, Judith Licktieg, Vanessa Ferrell, Rebecca White and me .
I will wait to hear from Stephanie and see if she wants to continue and then I will close it. There were some pages in there that were kind of dirty or very old stickers, I will take any bad out of it and any way start a new box. Are we in for it? :D

Hugs

We will make sure things are not loose in there and if something is too big to send and is breakable it shall be left out. How does that sound?

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3932 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3932 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  8:53:06 PM  Show Profile
Very good Darlene. Thank you for letting us know. Now time for me to get in the basement storage locker and dig for my unwanted treasures.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9327 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9327 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  07:32:23 AM  Show Profile
Looking forward to it! I have been going through my craft things so will have some things to add. I am emailing you Darlene.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  07:43:15 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, I think this is sweet of you to keep this going. I always try to think of what the next people will think after the box leaves me....and, always hope you will have something nice in the end. What a bummer to find broken and dirty stuff. I would also like to add..to the no thank you list..food items. They can become crumbled and squished. I use the small baggies also. Other than that the box has been a delight!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7593 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7593 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  12:58:02 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Judith for letting us know and great ideas. So far at the moment everything is now in baggies, already looks better. Won't break if the Post Office decides to squish it somewhere along the way, :D, I am looking for something different to put in there as well.

Thanks for staying with us everyone, I will email you a list soon.

hugs

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9327 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9327 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  5:29:44 PM  Show Profile
Just so I'm clear. This is craft box. When I read a couple of these posts I'm now wondering. I was thinking more along the lines of things for sewing, quilting, embroidery, paper crafting, knitting, crochet, etc. Can someone tell me if I'm on track or not? Or tell me other things that might be included that I haven't mentioned?

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3932 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3932 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  7:39:46 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Denise, all those things and possibly more for chandlery, small wood shapes and maybe some items which can be purposed. I especially like to look at untouched and started but abandoned kits.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  8:56:09 PM  Show Profile
Denise, I have always thought along your lines.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7593 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7593 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  9:56:27 PM  Show Profile
Yes Denise you are right in your thinking. Marie what is chandlery? Small wood shapes are great! and I do agree on kits that have been started or just not wanted to do after you get it. I have several of those I have gotten from Yard Sales and second hand stores, There are so many things to chose from.

Have fun with it.

hugs

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9327 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9327 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  04:22:40 AM  Show Profile
Darlene a chandlery is a room where candle making supplies are kept so any of those supplies would be included. So I am thinking anything that could be used for any type of crafting. Boy, I wish I had started this at the beginning because my craft closet is loaded! Lol

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  06:55:56 AM  Show Profile
I think it's great that we're talking about the things we should and shouldn't be thinking about for the new box.

It sure clears up my thoughts on what I plan on putting in the next box.

Thanks to all of you for all the great ideas.

This will be the best traveling crafts box ever!!

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7593 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7593 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  10:00:31 AM  Show Profile
I hope so. Denise if you want you can start the next one! Either way is good for me.

I am working on the box and still have more to put in.
hugs

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9327 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9327 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2016 :  10:59:50 AM  Show Profile
You mean the one after you send this one out Darlene? If you want me to I will but I'd like to wait till we finish if it's okay so I can get an idea of how this goes.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7593 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7593 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2016 :  1:17:02 PM  Show Profile
Oh no I didn't mean now Denise I was talking about the next round after this one.

I haven't got the list ready yet, I have been busy going through crafty things and haven't even started. I will be sending the extra large game box, which by the way is the same cost as the little large flat rate, but what I have to put in which is a whole lot will fit in the shirt shaped box. After the first person gets it they can change to the square large flat rate to fit what they are sending if they want to. I have so much to put in there. YAY! I am enjoying thinning things out. and organizing at the same time. So I will have the list by Monday. I will make my self stop looking.
Anyway I think you all will have a fun time searching through what I am sending, There is plenty for all in there. Whee!

hugs

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3932 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3932 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2016 :  1:36:01 PM  Show Profile
Are you going to start a new thread for the next box?

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9327 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9327 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2016 :  3:51:31 PM  Show Profile
Looking forward to this!

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7593 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7593 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2016 :  10:17:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi Marie,
Yes I will start a new thread for this new round, We go with Traveling Craft Box #5, I won't be taking any new sign ups, We have 9 with me so I think I will stop it there.
I am still going through stuff so will post Monday.
Please remind me if I don't.

Have a good night
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Traveling Craft Box #4 Sign ups Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page