Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Traveling Craft Box #4 Sign ups
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Traveling Craft Box #4 Sign ups Next Topic
Page: of 8

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7593 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7593 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2015 :  9:55:57 PM  Show Profile
Well here we go again with a fun swap, The Traveling Craft Box #4.

It has been fun and there was lots of new stuff and old stuff so I will take out some of the old stuff and put new stuff in.

Names list will be posted on October 19
I will send the box out on October 21 when I get paid.

It will be in a large flat rate box, and that runs about $18.00 to mail, so you know how much it will be to send it out when you are ready to mail it.
As before the list will be in the box with the stuff and who ever gets it crosses their name off the list when they get it and send it to the next one on the list.

Please be sure you want to follow through before you join, unfortunately I had to drop one off the list last time because of lack of communication.

When you sign up please email me your name and address separately so I can write it down on the list. The box will go out in the order of sign ups.

Thank you so much and have fun with it

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3932 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3932 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2015 :  06:25:02 AM  Show Profile
I am in. This is so great. I can't wait. You have my address.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7593 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7593 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2015 :  1:57:15 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Marie, I have you down and I have your address, I am glad you like it.

hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  05:49:04 AM  Show Profile
Oh boy, Darlene, I'm ready for another surprise box of goodies! Count me in!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  11:19:32 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, I have a couple of questions. What type craft things are good and what is not so good to add. Also, how long does a person keep the box, looking and choosing then refilling, before sending it on.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  11:35:52 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, please add me to the list. I want to participate but also please answer my questions above. Thanks.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7593 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7593 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  4:45:17 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn you are number 3 on the list.

Ok Marie or Amy do you have any input on what should not go in the box, I think things that are not reusable, but as long as it fits in the box, I have had kits in it and parts of kits that can be used for other things, nothing that is not allowed by the post office otherwise I have sent and received paint, card stock, lace, stickers needles scissors, needle point, fabric. anything you think is crafty and if you are doubtful about something, email me and we can figure it out. It has been pretty fun getting a box like that in the mail.

I think a week is fair to be able to go through the box but if you are caught before a payday or on a vacation or an illness, just let us know then we can be prepared for the delay.

The hardest part is when we all aren't sure where the box is so let us know when you receive the box too. It excites us all knowing that the box is still moving toward one of us.

I put a list of names in the box as well so you will know who it goes out to next. If you have anymore questions email me. I will be happy to answer you. Anything pretty much works. If someone doesn't want something they can just leave it and send it on to the next person.

Just enjoy it and let me know if something doesn't feel right about it so I know and maybe find out why.

Enjoy and have fun.....

hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  5:01:58 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Darlene, I am excited to try this. I went back through the past year of posts, and it seems that everyone was excited about the box of treasures. Thanks for answering my questions and your suggestions too.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7593 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7593 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  10:08:02 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the Traveling craft box # 4.

hugs

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7593 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7593 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2015 :  7:32:30 PM  Show Profile
I have the box stuffed and ready to mail, It is in a large flat rate game box and is fulllll. :D

Hugs everyone.

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

MnMotherMary
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Mary
Jordan MN
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2015 :  10:32:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi all, I subscribe to the magazine & have read all these posts for years! I seen this craft box idea and finally got the courage to sign up & join in. I love a box of goodies and trying to figure out something creative with the new surprises and have a lot I could pass on.
I love to quilt, sew, craft & organize. We also have chickens & gardens & have put up over 200 jars in our pressure canner this year!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7593 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7593 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2015 :  7:58:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi Mary welcome to the farm, good to have you here, Are you interested in joining the traveling craft box swap?
Was everything I wrote above clear for you? If you have any questions let me know and please email me your address so I can put you on the list.
It sounds like you are a busy lady.

Well let me know.

hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

MnMotherMary
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Mary
Jordan MN
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2015 :  10:20:34 AM  Show Profile
Yes, I am very interested in joining the traveling craft box swap!
Everything is crystal clear on how it works!
Idle hands are the devil's workshop ;-)
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7593 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7593 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2015 :  2:41:59 PM  Show Profile
Ok Mary I got your email. and address
your on the list.

Thank you!

darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3932 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3932 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2015 :  3:26:15 PM  Show Profile
When I get the box, I pull stuff out one at a time and sort it into 3 piles: YES, MAYBE, NO. There are some things I always want from the box if there and some things I will never take. I then start repacking the box starting with the NO pile. I consider the items in the MAYBE pile and pack anything I do not want. I will then carefully assess the YES pile to make absolutely certain I want the items. Then I got through my stuff to see what I can fit into the box in the space available.

I okay with small kits or parts of kits. These are really nice to see especially if they are partially done. I carefully wrap anything that can be broken during shipping. Tools are especially good things to put in the box. If you get something you didn't use, just put it back in the next box.

I put a bag of small balls of yarn in once because I needed to clean them out. Then when I asked for small balls of yarn for a project, I got them all back.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7593 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7593 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2015 :  9:12:09 PM  Show Profile
That is funny Marie, you got your yarn balls back. Thanks for letting us know how you do it when you receive the box. Alot more organized than me when I get it.

Also I will be sending a large game size box which is the same cost as the flat rate large but I was able to put more in this box than the square one. The box can be changed according to the shape of what is put into it. I was just able to get everthing in this one.

So Have fun and sign up if you are interested.

hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2015 :  01:35:09 AM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
Sign me up.My daughter talked me into it and she is going to help me with it.I hope there is Pocket Letter stuff in it.This should be very fun.

Callene C
Farmgirl 6216 and the doxies
Create the life you love
Love the life you create

Edited by - callene on Oct 03 2015 08:01:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2015 :  2:11:49 PM  Show Profile
Sign me up too.

How do you get my address?

And can I add ANY craft items, or are some things not accepted?

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3932 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3932 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2015 :  08:37:33 AM  Show Profile
I don't think anything will not be accepted. I once put in a small bundle of 2" X 2" pictures of quilts. I had wanted to do something with them and didn't. I figured someone could use them for paper crafts and they were taken out. You really never know. What I like about this is the anonymity so there is no judgment about what we have and why we have it and never used it. It is a win for the person who no longer wants the item, a win for the person who needs the item and a win for everyone to see what is out there.

Some of the things I will routinely snatch from the box are yarn, beads, stickers and hand sewing items. If there is a pattern book, I copy the patterns I like and put the book back in the box.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2015 :  1:41:04 PM  Show Profile
Okay, please sign me up! I wasn't going to. All this chatter about the box has psyched me again!
Marie, you totally crack me up!
Thanks for doing this again, Darlene!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7593 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7593 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2015 :  2:53:31 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Callene, Kathy' and Judith ! I am glad to have you join in and hope you enjoy it with us.

You will have to forgive my spelling for awhile I am on my tablet, my computer crashed.

Anyway I have you all down and so far there are 8 of us and the box is full and I found more stuff, whooee!

So gla your with us..

Hugs

Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2247 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2247 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2015 :  3:26:27 PM  Show Profile
Please sign me up. Let me know if you need my address.

Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7593 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7593 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2015 :  08:33:57 AM  Show Profile
Your on the list at number 8, and yes please send me your address, and I did send you an email.

Thanks for joining in.

hugs

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Smyers154
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

stephanie
Bartlett Texas
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2015 :  10:10:49 AM  Show Profile
I would like to join on the list. I will send address

Sister number 6672
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7593 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7593 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2015 :  1:49:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi Stephanie
Welcome to the swap.
Please send me your address.
I am back on my tablet but IT will get it
thanks

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

ladypony76
True Blue Farmgirl

313 Posts

Angela
Louisville MS
USA
313 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2015 :  08:41:57 AM  Show Profile
Hi there Darlene,
Could you sign me up for this as well? This sounds like fun. I enjoy these swaps so much!!
Hugs,
Angela#6681

Farmgirl Farming on Faith!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Traveling Craft Box #4 Sign ups Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page