callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2015 :  8:49:34 PM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
Hello Ladies I have been a member for a little while now and have even joined in some swaps.I did not know you could send out a BIG hello to the members.Ya learn something new everyday.LOL.I moved to Atlanta from Alabama.I am here helping to spoil my 9 month old grandson Jordon(my first).He is a mess.So funny and LOVES music.Will dance to anything.He even busted a movie to an oldie in the thrift store today.One from when my mom was a teen.I am 43.It is a thrill to watch him grow.I have two daughters 23 and 16.I live with my oldest due to black mold in my home.My youngest ran away has chose to live with an X friend of mine.Painful long story.At least she loves me again and we talk some now.She is happy,but I miss her deeply.I have three dachshunds Cassie Marie,Penny Sue and MeeShee Lenn.They are my sunshine on the darkest of days.And for the past few months I have had a few.Not to be a Dolly downer,as my great granny would say.LOL.Life throws you lemons make lemonade.I enjoy writing stories and poems.I tried once to get published in 99 but they sent them back.Big red letters NO UNSOLICITED WORKS.So I tucked tail and stopped writing.I have all kinds started but not finished.Adult,teen and even some children's stories.I love the Pocket Letter craze!I love cocoa and cuddling up on winter days with a great Christmas movie.But my girls would tell you I will do Christmas movie marathon in July.LOL.I love collecting teapots,Christmas stuff and snow globes.I try my best to be positive,in light of things.I am some days and some not.But I do LOVE being on here and getting encouragement.Thank yall very much.

Callene C
Farmgirl 6216
Create the life you love
Love the life you create

Edited by - callene on Sep 22 2015 9:41:37 PM

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  03:55:11 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Callene! So glad to have you join us. As a bit of encouragement, one of my children, a daughter, also left home as a teen and her life took some very bad turns. Like you, a painful, long story. But, God is amazing. My daughter is 41 now and we have been very close for a number of years. It still amazes me.

As for your writing, please don't give up. I don't know if you sent them to and agent, editor, or what, but most don't accept unsolicited submissions. You can do a search on the internet and learn how to go about submitting and also which ones are looking for your kind of writing. You may also want to take a look at publishing on your own with Amazon. I know people who do that and have good results. I chose an independent publisher, myself; it just takes so long going the traditional route. Good luck!

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
'The Simply Lived Life' blog http://www.wandasturrock.com/website/blog/
Go to Top of Page

guineahen
True Blue Farmgirl

86 Posts

Andrea
Hawley Pa
USA
86 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  04:25:45 AM  Show Profile
Glad you are here! Yes, don't give up! Happy you can be with your Grandbaby. Our first is due in December. My son actually put a little shelf up on the nursery wall with sanitizer to use before anybody touches the baby! I reminded him that I would have his son barnyard....
Go to Top of Page

guineahen
True Blue Farmgirl

86 Posts

Andrea
Hawley Pa
USA
86 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  04:26:33 AM  Show Profile
whoops! meant have his son out playing in the barnyard!
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  06:47:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi Callene! I'm so glad you've joined us! Your grandson sounds ADORABLE!!! Your description of him bustin' a move made me giggle - my son used to do the same! I'm so glad things have come full circle with you and your youngest, and what a blessing that you get to spend time with your eldest daughter during this difficult time! Hold fast to your dream of being published one day - surely it will happen! And your doggies - oh! They really are precious, aren't they? Well... Just wanted to Welcome you properly and let you know how happy I am you're here! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

www.papercraftingwithnini.ctmh.com

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  06:59:45 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Callene and I am so glad you finally joined in the conversation here! I do hope that someday you will find a way to publish some of your works too. It must be terribly frustrating! Your grandson sounds adorable and I bet he can keep you very busy. Thanks for stopping in and introducing yourself!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  07:48:05 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the farm Callene! Your grandson sounds adorable! I love that age!!! Looking forward to getting to know you better!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  07:54:18 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to Farmgirls!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

My Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  08:07:39 AM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
Wanda thank you for the bit about your daughter.I hope we have not come full circle yet Nini.It seems she just texts me when something is going on that she can push the blame to me.This last time it was"Oh school is good,but now I have to go to therapy for PTSD."She stopped texting when I pointed out that her attacks started before she left home.Is that wrong of me?I just do not want them putting in her head that it is ALL my fault.They already got her to lie to a judge to get emergency custody.She never went hungry,ever.If there was only enough for her,only she ate.I lost one baby,to save my oldest.So,how could I starve her.And if the judge really paid attention he would have noticed with those hips and other areas filled out she was not missing meals.My child is very well built.Kinda chunky before she left,like her mom.But Nini I guess in a way we have come full circle.She had at one point told me she hated me,because I again pointed out truth to her.And she NEVER wants to talk to me again!Blocked me and anyone who knew the truth(family and family friends)on Facebook.And would not talk to me or her sister.She calls that back stabber her NEW mom.But she has said she loves and misses me in low tones so they will not hear her.Go figure.But the grandbaby is keeping me very busy.He is like a sour patch kid.Sweet then sour.LOL.He will hit and then he wants to kiss you.I taught him to give Eskimo kisses.Do yall know what those are?He tries to wink,but of course does it with both eyes.LOL.And about my writing I still kinda write.But that piece I sent to Random House and another major publisher.WEEEEElll I threw it away.I was so upset and discouraged,was far from home.I just threw it away.I was in Oak Harbour Washington then.I may post a poem I wrote a few years back.I have learned a self copy write trick.Send a copy to yourself thru the mail that you have to sign for,wax sealed.BUT do NOT ever open it.If your work shows up somewhere it should not with Jane Does name on it.You have proof of a date.Smart huh?And Winnie it WAS about time I came to properly say hello.SOOOOOOO,a big hug and Hellooooo from me and the doxies.

Callene C
Farmgirl 6216
Create the life you love
Love the life you create
Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  09:15:56 AM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Shannon and Sherone.I got permission to post a pic of Jordon on here.So I will do that soon.His mom is funny about posting pics.But it is understandable.Well yall have a great and blessed day.From me,Callene and the doxies

Callene C
Farmgirl 6216
Create the life you love
Love the life you create
Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  09:47:47 AM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
Hope all are having a wonderful day.

Callene C
Farmgirl 6216 and the doxies
Create the life you love
Love the life you create
Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  10:16:34 AM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
Bless and keep us all Oh Lord In thy mercy and grace

Edited by - callene on Sep 28 2015 1:14:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  10:17:16 AM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
LOL,well that did not work.

Callene C
Create the life you love
Love the life you create
Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  10:31:25 AM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
Cassie and MeeShee,Cassie(momma)and Penny

Callene C
Create the life you love
Love the life you create

Edited by - callene on Sep 23 2015 10:32:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  10:35:44 AM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
Those are my girls.

Callene C
Create the life you love
Love the life you create
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16373 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16373 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  8:29:50 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Callene! And Cassie, MeeShee and Penny. Very nice tag line:
Create the life you love
Love the life you create

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

ladypony76
True Blue Farmgirl

313 Posts

Angela
Louisville MS
USA
313 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2015 :  04:20:13 AM  Show Profile
Callene, welcome and all your doxies are adorable. My school that I am getting my bachelors through is online in Atlanta (Ashworth) and please dont give up your writing. Maybe we could start a Poems and Pals project. Hope your day is an awesome day

Oh and I am not to far I am in Mississippi!
Hugs,
Angela#6681

Farmgirl Farming on Faith!
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  06:09:36 AM  Show Profile
Hi Callene! We've met already on the card swaps. You are such a good artist, and now I see you're a writer too! I'm a doting granny, also, to a two year old dynamo named Lily. Love your Doxie Doggie photos, and so glad you're here! Hugs!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  12:19:18 PM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
Why thank you much Mary Jane. I am still creating that life.Lol.It might help if I planted roots.But have a bit of a tumble weed spirit in me.But even on the go you have to create a life that fits YOU,that YOU love.Have a great evening.God bless you and your's.

Callene C
Create the life you love
Love the life you create
Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  12:27:18 PM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
Angela and Amy thank you both.Amy I bet Lily is a cracker jack.Jordon is a cutie.A bit spoiled but a sweetie. Getting bigger everyday. I actually do not write much anymore. Lately just the silly poems in my cards.Lol.

Callene C
Create the life you love
Love the life you create
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  2:53:51 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Callene!
Love your doggies! Have a great time here on the Connection!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2015 :  01:04:07 AM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
Thank you CeeJay.Have a great day.

Callene C
Create the life you love
Love the life you create
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2015 :  09:32:23 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Callene! Love your sweet little pups!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2015 :  09:46:13 AM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Nicole.Is it getting cold up your way yet?

Callene C
Create the life you love
Love the life you create
Go to Top of Page

DoriTroutman
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Dori
Kelso TN
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2015 :  7:15:37 PM  Show Profile
Hello Callene,

Welcome!!! Honestly, is there anything more amazing than living near your grand-child? I have two little grand-girls that we live near and they always, always, always make my day!

Dori
The Ranch Farmgirl for MaryJanes Farmgirl bloggers

http://www.farmgirlbloggers.com/category/ranch_farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2015 :  9:16:52 PM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
Dori it is great being able to watch him grow everyday.He is a joy.BUT being RIGHT downstairs,is just a bit to easy for mom to hand him off.LOL.And he is still nursing,but mostly pacifying.He is almost 10 months old,on the 10th.He is his Nauny's little monster.

Callene C
Create the life you love
Love the life you create
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Atlanta Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page