Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  4:05:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Laura!

A great big, farmgirl welcome! You will love it here!

Where in/around NYC did you live? I am not far...I am in CT on the NY border. Got married in Brooklyn.

I have dogs, a cat, a rabbit, and chickens. I would love to add some goats to the mix sometime.

Looking forward to reading your posts!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

RabbitGirl
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Laura
St Augustine FL
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2015 :  04:27:59 AM  Show Profile
Hello Sharon and Nicole! Thank you for welcoming me!

Sharon - We used to raise good old Yorkshires and so I know hogs are fun to raise. As for rabbit meat, it is not a gamey tasting meat. It is a very lean white meat that's quite high in protein. Hopefully you will get to try it someday!

Nicole - I was born in the Bronx where I lived until I was 10 years old. Then we moved to the suburbs about 30 miles north to Rockland County. I left NY when I was 28. I have been to CT many times as I have cousins there. Some of those back roads of CT are so beautiful with the colonial era homes and farms. I hope you can get your goats some day but make sure you have good fencing - there's no quicker way to sour relations with a neighbor than to have one of your goats escape and eat their vegetable garden!

Laura
St Augustine, FL
Go to Top of Page

DoriTroutman
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Dori
Kelso TN
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2015 :  05:25:19 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by RabbitGirl

Hi Dori - Thank you for the warm welcome! It is most appreciated! I left NYC when I was 28 years old, which is almost half my life ago although it seems like yesterday. Wow. You are so right that it was culture shock for me. When you spend your whole childhood and young adulthood in New York City, you think the whole world is the same way and as all of you knew way before I did, the rest of the world is vastly different!

Lucky for me, my life has taken many twists and turns that have taken me to many different places in this wonderful country. I lived in several different cities after I left New York. I didn't actually become a farmgirl until my late 30s when I met and married my true blue farmboy from Arizona. Boy did my life change after that! I will never forget when we bought our first little 2 1/2 acre homestead in Arizona. He said he and I were going to connect our house to the septic tank one morning and I looked at him like he was nuts. PS...I've done lots of plumbing, building, fencing, birthing, butchering and growing since then and I love it!!!

Laura
St Augustine, FL

Dori
The Ranch Farmgirl for MaryJanes Farmgirl bloggers

http://www.farmgirlbloggers.com/category/ranch_farmgirl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from St Augustine FL Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page