6917 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  04:51:32 AM  Show Profile
Give thanks for the morning.
Water plants.
Let the chickens out.
Catch grasshopper for chickens.
Wash chicken poop off deck.
Put out trash.
Feed chickens a handful of popped popcorn.
Start potato/leek soup.
Cup of tea on front porch as I watch my street wake up.
Pick up twigs in back yard.
Read the Farm Connection.
Clean 4 leeks.
Wash dishes.

That's been my morning so far. How is your morning going?

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

morganewilson
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Morgan
Knoxville TN
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  05:25:47 AM  Show Profile
Dang. I woke up. Showered. Made coffee and some eggs and sausage, packed my lunch...and went to work. You win. ;)
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  05:38:33 AM  Show Profile
Golly Geeze Sara, you are ahead of me big time! Sounds like an awesome start to a Summer's day when the coolest part is in the early morning and you can enjoy being outside. I need to take a lesson from you because my start pales in comparison!! LOL!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16373 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16373 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  05:56:20 AM  Show Profile
Sara,
I can't wait to make my list (total fun--loved yours) but right now I'm heading out to feed (cows) and then milk at 7. Sometimes I have 10-15 minutes before I milk to check in here. I love that you catch grasshoppers for your chickens and then wash chicken poop off your deck. Big big smile.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  06:03:52 AM  Show Profile
ummm.... sleep ;)

no I actually did get up before 7 this morning... and cleaned out and scrubbed the inside of my fridge :) and got my hubby ready for work with breakfast, coffee, and lunch in hand :)

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CindyG
True Blue Farmgirl

293 Posts

Cindy
Fairfax VA
USA
293 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  06:33:42 AM  Show Profile
I'm adopting a new habit after getting some pretty cool info at a women's wellness retreat I recently attended. Bottom line: the "no pain no gain" approach so many of us have regarding exercise was essentially flushed down the toilet - yippee!! I am one of the people - and apparently there are a bunch of us - who figure if I can't do the full workout that is too long plus the warm up plus the cool down, etc then why bother? You know - the get your heart rate up to a certain level and keep it there for x amount of time or you don't get much benefit from exercise.

Turns out the benefits from even just a bit of exercise reaps pretty big benefits to our bodies and our moods - even breaking up your 30 minutes 3-5 times a week into tiny little 10 minute chunks is really really good. I will look up the link, but search a video called "23 1/2 hours" and watch the captivatingly presented results of a pretty big study about the benefits of walking even just 30 minutes 3-5 times a week.

So walking 10-30 minutes (or more) will be happening for me before 7 am on several mornings a week.

Cindy
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7487 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7487 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  07:22:09 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I woke up, took "1 hr before eating" meds, filled in form to mail back a defective fan, copied paperwork for me, looked for packing tape, packed fan with the provided UPS label, wrapped a package for a farmgirl (tee hee), turned on iron (going to make an apron), fixed breakfast, let the cats out, washed dishes, let one of the cats back in, and sat down at my computer.

I'm trying to clean the house today and getting stuff ready for a camping trip. My boyfriend is borrowing an a-line pop-up trailer and taking me camping for my birthday. We are leaving Thursday night or Friday in the wee hours of the morning. He won't say where we are going, but said there would be hiking involved?? Doesn't he know I'm not a die-hard hiker? LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  10:39:31 AM  Show Profile
Sara...I'm Retired! Is there really still a 7:00 am on the clock? LOL
I usually wake up about Noon O'Clock!! Of coarse that is because I have
stayed up until 2 or 3 in the Morning. Isn't it funny how we ALL have our
own Life Style Patterns and very few match.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7487 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7487 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  10:44:29 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
LOL! I guess I have to say that I am not always up before 7 either, but sometimes it is nice to get up early and get a few things done when it is cooler.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  10:49:00 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
My disclaimer is that this all didn't happen before 7 AM. I have spent my entire life getting up, going and doing before 7 AM. I'm retired too!
Well, I woke up . . . thankful I had a good night's sleep. (Been struggling with insomnia for a while . . UGH!)
Gave my kitty and doggie good neck scratching, which they both loved!
Changed the sheets on the bed.
Went on a hunt for all my old journals and tried to put them in chronological order
Made oatmeal for breakfast
Took off for my power walk which always includes helping my hubby move our Longhorn cows back to their pasture after being put in another "breakfast grazing" area.

After my walk, cutting out aprons for an order.
Putting homemade yogurt in crockpot to start "making"
Cooking a collection of apples into applesauce.
Pulling weeds from the rock walkway to the deck . . spraying with organic spray some others.

It's kinda cloudy and cooler today . . perhaps I'll go out after lunch for more weed control! We've had a great year of rain, which has helped our severe drought situation immensely. With that comes weeds, weeds and more weeds!

Happy Tuesday, Farmgirls!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7487 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7487 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  10:55:54 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I'd love your recipe for homemade yogurt, CeeJay. Is it a family secret? Or would you let me try it?

I am envious of how much so many of you farmgirls here get done each day. Canning (I want to learn), cooking and baking, animals, and all. I love mowing the lawn on my riding lawnmower, but with our high 100s temps now I can't do it except early morning and after the sun goes down when it is cooler.

Right now I need a maid. I'm having a new bathroom put in and the house is full of dust. Plus they had to remove a large cabinet where all my cleaning and laundry supplies were kept and until it is put back up, I have cleaning supplies all over the house. I can lose things on my own, but now it is a treasure hunt to find the toilet bowl cleaner. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  11:14:24 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Linda,
I'll email you the recipe. It's not a family secret and it's easy!
Keep an eye peeled for it!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7487 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7487 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  11:21:04 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Will do - thank you, CeeJay!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  11:52:09 AM  Show Profile
Every weekday I wake up at 5, slip on my gym clothes, take the dogs outside, drive to gym (or do yoga at home), workout a half hour, drive back, let dogs out again, feed dogs, give dogs meds (I have one that needs it, and the others get a bit of cheese), pack lunch, clean up any dishes if I have time, shower, get dressed, and leave about 6:35 when hubby drives me to work and we stop for a bagel breakfast.

Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  12:12:55 PM  Show Profile
Hehe, I am with CeeJay on the retired part! After so many years of getting up about 5:30 am to get to work by 6:30 0r 7am, I officially now sleep to about 7am!! It took me awhile to learn to sleep that long because of years of poor sleep since my head was always racing with work and stuff to do. As a morning person, I can easily get up early and many times I still wake up at the old time. Old habits die hard, I guess. Sometimes I miss that quiet early time and this conversation has me thinking I might want to revisit the idea of getting up early again. I should give it a try again and see how my day goes.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6917 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6917 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  12:29:58 PM  Show Profile
Ladies I have enjoyed reading about your mornings.

My mornings are the best part of my day. Love the peaceful feeling of that time of day. By 10a.m. I was back in bed for an 1 1/2 nap. Since then I have looked after the chickens, watched TV, had lunch, and made pickled eggs. Rest of the day will be divided between TV, a wee bit of piddling, and resting.

I do pickled eggs the easy way so they were no trouble. Hard boil eggs, shell, put in store bought pickled beet juice. I have tried making the brine but I like the pickled beet juice better. Will use the beets in salads and with sour cream.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  2:38:03 PM  Show Profile
Well! I have enjoyed reading what y'all have done this morning. I won't even put what I've done. My days and morning and evenings are all out of order.
Sara! I would certainly have to take a much longer nap if I would have done all you did!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  8:17:58 PM  Show Profile
Sara: What a great post. It depends when I get to bed the night before what time I wake up in the morning. We feed cats and koi, eat breakfast and then tackle the day. We're retired too.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2015 :  11:13:28 AM  Show Profile
I'm supposed to be retired, but 4 days a week I'm at daughters to babysit by 6:00 am. Not quite what I envisioned, but what the heck! Try to practice Tai Chi, read a little and set some positive intentions every morning, usually by 7:00. I said "try" because I also goof off whenever possible!:)

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2015 :  1:05:40 PM  Show Profile
woke up,,, crawled outta bed at 6:45... poured a cup of coffee (hubby was up and made the coffee)... then made a batch of scones for my cousin who came over at 9am for coffee and family gossip time... lol!
Now my question is.... where did the morning go? it's now 1pm... yikes!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic What to do Before 7a.m. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page