CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2006 :  9:35:38 PM  Show Profile
honey hunk and i went to see BOBBY tonight. Not an academy award winning film .. but we did enjoy it .. made me so sad since i used to work for him when he was the Attorney General. I don't even remember about all the other people being shot that evening .. so .. that was an interesting twist to the story .. would love to know where all these people are to day and what has happened in their lives since that tragic night.

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2006 :  10:17:56 PM  Show Profile
How interesting, Frannie, that you worked for Bobby Kennedy. I haven't seen the film or really heard any reviews of it yet, but I'm glad you enjoyed it, and oh, what a sad thing... it sure WOULD be interesting to get some of the others' accounts of that night, wouldn't it?

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2006 :  11:00:51 PM  Show Profile
i so admired and respected him .. he was truly kind to everyone .. from visiting dignataries .. to the service crews at the Deparment of Justice treating both with the same respect. We used to always have a large Christmas party each year for the 'employees' .. while he was Attorney General .. he changed the parties to parties for underprivileged children and brought in hundreds of children .. and enteratinment and football stars and movie stars for them to meet. He and i both left Justice the same day ... to go to Capitol Hill .. he as a Senator .. me to work for a Congresswoman .. and sadly, he was shot on my birthday and died early the next day.

oh .. and someday, i shall tell how i 'bounced upon his bed'!!!!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2006 :  04:54:03 AM  Show Profile
"Bounced upon his bed?!?!?!?" You've piqued my curiosity now, Frannie - what on earth could you mean?

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2006 :  7:27:26 PM  Show Profile
o.k. .. here's the 'story of it'. when kennedy was the attorney general .. i was a young, cute little thang .. and needless to say .. had a ferocious crush on the man! his personal secretary was a friend of mine .. soooo .. after hours, she took me up to his little 'bedroom hideaway' above his office .. where he would go in times of crisis if he had to spend the night ata work .. .and needed to catch a little sleep. his bed up there was just a little modest single bed .. and overlooked tenth and constitution avenue. well, i couldn't resist rolling around in his sheets and bouncing upon his bed! then i jokingly told her that i was going to pitch myself down the little staircase so that when i was discovered on the landing in the morning .. the washington post would declare: "beautiful young woman found at the bottom of bobby's stairs". she laughed in reply .. and said: "oh no .. that is NOT what the headlines will say ... but rather: "deranged woman with two broken legs found at the corner of Tenth and Constitution" .. cuz' she was gonna' hit me on the head .. make sure both legs were broken (if not in the fall) and drag my sorry butt to the curb!

(i opted NOT to toss me down the steps!)

oh my goodness, he had such a winning smile and twinkly eyes .. not 'movie-star handsome' .. but, like his brother, Jack, he had a charisma that just charmed! OF COURSE, if you believe what you read today .. what i didn't know at the time was that my competition for his attention was none other than Marilyn Monroe! he was a 'fond father' and his children would sometimes come to the office and you could tell he adored them. (never saw ethel in person .. but i do believe they loved each other dearly). he would have movie stars, football players and all manor of politicians visit him quite often and we gurlz would all line up to get a peek at them! oh my, sometimes i so wish i'd had the forethought to 'journal' this time in my life .. so many historical events happened that i witnessed. city life can truly be grande!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  10:56:20 PM  Show Profile
That is an amazing story, Frannie - and I think I can almost picture the scene in my mind... did they have security cameras back then? If so, you may just be able to dig up some great footage! I just love hearing about your adventures... Thanks!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

beachbuminthecountry
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Effort PA
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  05:37:47 AM  Show Profile
Wow you know Bobby. Great story, that is so cool you grew up around him. That must have been hard.

Who else do you all know. Do you all know people in the music field. Hubby writes songs, but he needs to send more out. I have to type the titles onto the copywrite form once I get more ink. Him and my girlfriends hubby co write together on most of them. They haven't gotten any published, but they only sent out 3 songs. Yes me and my girlfriend have to do all the work, sound familiar ladies Anyway, if anyone has connections. Most of there stuff is country. I do wish some day very soon they can have a couple hits on the charts.

Thank you and God Bless
BB

If Satan comes knocking at your door, just say " Jesus can you get that for me"
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  7:27:28 PM  Show Profile
Frannie -

You are just full of surprises. You should sit down and write it all out or do a audio tape of it all for the grandkids. I always loved hearing stories from my grandmother about when she was a girl with 8 other siblings and how they always chased off all her mother's boyfriends. If you think of more things, like stories from when you worked for NASA - those would be great to hear.

Thanks for sharing

Anne in Portland

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  8:04:55 PM  Show Profile
oh chile! i have some x-rated stories from my time at nasa! you'll have to come in person to hear those! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  8:08:47 PM  Show Profile
oh .. here's a NOT x-rated NASA story! i tell it .. because it was an AMAZING turning point in my life!

i worked in the Director's office at the Goddard Space Flight Center .. there were two extremely brilliant scientists that worked in our office .. one was in charge of 'the mysteries of what was on the dark side of the moon .. the other (and oh yes, nasa does indeed get involved in things her on earth and in the oceans too!) .. well, the other scientist was in charge of the mysteries of what 'lies beneath'!

i respected both of them .. their minds .. their zeal for their quests. They argued (in a friendly manner) all the time about the importance of both of their missions. They had a poster made that read:

WHICH IS MORE IMPORTANT:

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  8:12:28 PM  Show Profile
well shoot .. that just shot off into cyberspace before i could finish! well, ANYHOO .. the poster read:

WHICH IS MORE IMPORTANT:

THE OCEAN'S "BOTTOM"
OR
THE MOON'S "BEHIND"

the 'great change in my thinking' that has remained to this day .. is that there is indeed more than ONE side to beliefs.

I could go on and on and on about this subject .. but basically, the important thing for me was that I learned to be more 'open' to other ideas and opinons due to working at NASA and especially with these two scientists.

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2006 :  06:51:04 AM  Show Profile
Frannie -

You just "crack" me up. What a funny poster.

Anne in Portland

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

lamamama
True Blue Farmgirl

255 Posts

Melanie
CA
USA
255 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  09:26:34 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, I just love reading your posts - what an interesting life you are living! And your stories are always so funny, too. You really should write all of these memories down...... there is a book in there, I am sure of it.
I'm planning to move back to Ky this summer, so who knows, we could end up neighbors! You can visit me & my 2 boys anytime. :)
Melanie
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic BOBBY Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page