CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  08:03:36 AM  Show Profile
gotta' love these country roads!!! i was winding my way to the bardstown shoppe over the weekend .. and was 'starva-vatin' .. so when i came across a little country store .. i stopped in to see if i could order me up a home-made sandwich! the sweet girl did me up a good'un! she wrapped it up and put it in a bag for me .. i paid for it and out the door i went! got back in the car and to save time i decided to just 'eat and drive'. well, with those twists and turns .. you do NOT take your eyes off'en the road or you're gonna' be shakin' hands with St. Peter! So i reached down into the bag .. took my sammie out and started chompin' down. AND I SWEAR .. THAT WAS THE BEST SANDWICH I EVER ATE! I'm driving and exclaiming out loud (and loudly) to myself .. about the deliciousness of this here sandwich ... i mentioned to me that the 'cajun' turkey the girl suggested was just devine and the hot pepper cheese had just the right amount of 'kick' and subtlety of cheese taste. I was expounding on the virtues of the 'vine-ripe' taste of the lettuce tomatoes since it was December .. and just enough 'tang' in the thinly sliced onion slices! and how that chile' knew the PERFECT amount of mayonnaise to bread ratio just impressed me a dickens of a lot! oh lordy! and the BREAD .. now i usually prefer a thick bread with grains, nuts and seeds that get stuck in my teeth .. but this one was made on bread that was devinely tender and light and airy.

Well, i'd eaten my way down to where my fingers were barely holding onto the sandwich when i came to a back-roads train track .. and there was a train a-goin' through that i had to stop for. Well, i figgered that gave me just enough time to look down at my sandwich and congraulate it in person on the su-per-bity of it's size, weight and taste!

Lo and Behold .. 3/4 of my sandwich was eaten .. AS WAS 3/4 of the paper wrapper it came in! I'm still scratching my head and wonderin' if the paper was the 'magic ingredient'! (gonna' go get me a roll of that there paper!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  08:08:16 AM  Show Profile
Ha! Frannie you are so funny! There is a place about 3 hours from here that makes the BEST sammie I have ever had. They smoke thier own ham and turkey and it is sooooooooo good. Richie and I have been known to make the 6 hour round trip just to get a sandwich for lunch on a saturday afternoon!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  08:10:08 AM  Show Profile
That's kinda like biting into an apple and seeing half a worm.......thank the Lord for our wonderfully and mysteriously made digestive systems! I'm salivating, reading about your lunch! Nance
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  08:13:08 AM  Show Profile
julie .. i thought i had eaten the best at a little local mennonite grocery store .. first time i ever got a sandwich there .. i am not lying .. that sucker was about 8 inches thick with cheese .. and it only cost $2.00!!!!

now that has GOT to be a good sammie worth a six hour drive! i do hope you do some stoppin' along the way to do other fun things too! i might have to meet you at that sandwich shoppe someday!

nance .. i think i'll go with the paper rather than the worm!

xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  08:23:23 AM  Show Profile
Me, too, Frannie! I have french bread dough rising right now and boy oh boy would I love to be able to recreate your sandwich today! If the sandwich was THAT good, the paper was probably 'top drawer' quality anyway, so not to worry!! Nance
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  08:48:05 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message

UUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMM A Sandwich-wrap!

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights

http://blissnblossomfarm.etsy.com
http://bethsblissnblossomfarm.blogspot.com

www.blissnblossomfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  09:03:29 AM  Show Profile
Best sandwich I ever had was in a little deli shop on top of a mountain in Birmingham, Alabama. Daughter and I had gone to see Beth Moore there and then went antique shopping. I wish I could rmemeber the name of it, because I would tell everyone near there to go! Wow, the bread was fresh baked and the meat was sliced just right and the cheese slightly melted....there is nothing like a good sandwich. Unless it is cookies, which I just got done posting about on another thread. I must be hungry.....

Ephesians 1:17
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  10:38:14 AM  Show Profile
LOL! Frannie, you remind me of a story from when hubby and I were first married. I made lunch for him every day to take to work with him. One day I put a note inside his sandwich, between some thin slices of meat. The note said something sweet like I Love You or something like that. I figured he'd take a bite, pull out the note, and get to read it. That night he didn't mention it, so I did. I asked him if he liked his note and he said "What note?"

I asked him then if he ate his sandwich and he said "Yeah."

Go to Top of Page

Niamh
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Idaho
140 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  11:33:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Niamh a Yahoo! Message
LOL! I'd rather have the wrapper than the worm also.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic best sam-mich i ever 'et'! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page